• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Football News and Rumors

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's shaping up to be a great year to be a WR-heavy guy for dynasty/fantasy. Lots of talent in this year's crop and lots of potential opportunity.

Apologies if someone already did this, but I just perused depth charts this morning and was quite surprised to see how bad it was out there.

Teams with glaring need at WR and/or middling talent in their WR depth chart:
BUF, NWE, BAL, CIN if they lose Tee, PIT literally has Van Jefferson, DEN, KC, LAC, NYG, DET, ATL, NO, ARZ

I'm counting 12 teams that are lacking a good WR2, some are lacking a good WR1 as well. 13 if Cincy trades Higgins. That's a good chunk of the league that could see a rookie come in and command targets early if they're good enough.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's shaping up to be a great year to be a WR-heavy guy for dynasty/fantasy. Lots of talent in this year's crop and lots of potential opportunity.

Apologies if someone already did this, but I just perused depth charts this morning and was quite surprised to see how bad it was out there.

Teams with glaring need at WR and/or middling talent in their WR depth chart:
BUF, NWE, BAL, CIN if they lose Tee, PIT literally has Van Jefferson, DEN, KC, LAC, NYG, DET, ATL, NO, ARZ

I'm counting 12 teams that are lacking a good WR2, some are lacking a good WR1 as well. 13 if Cincy trades Higgins. That's a good chunk of the league that could see a rookie come in and command targets early if they're good enough.
just a couple comments -

Depending on the outcome of the Courtland Sutton sit out, Denver could go form the most expensive WR room in NFL history, to a barren wasteland within 3 months. They won't say it, but most likely scenario is Sutton is dealt before or during the draft. Leaving them unproven Mims, Josh Reynolds and the always injured Tim Patrick- if he has anything left in the tank to start with.

KC is just baffling - how can a depth chart with some truly amazing talent/potential, who were highly regarded coming into the league - Rashee RIce a former #2, Hollywood former #1, Toney a former #1, Sky Moore- former #2, J. Ross (if not for pre-draft injury, was projected as a possible #1), heck even former #2 Anthony Miller is on the team this year, how do they need a WR? but they certainly do.

PIT -has George Pickens AND Van Jefferson..lol (yes they still need a better #2, but lets not overlook Pickens), and honestly I think Calvin Austin is underrated, and hasn't been given much opportunity- but there could be a good reason he hasn't been given opportunity as well.

DET -with Sun God and J. WIlliams..another solid dude would be nice, but that's a pretty solid 1-2. Williams, due largely to injuries (and a suspension) took longer than hoped for to get rolling, but certainly flashed with what he could be.

ATL is a tough one. With Bijun. Pitts, and London around, and Mooney, a former 1000+ yd receiver on a bad team and R. Moore, a former #2 with no luck health wise or QB wise, and their dreaded P word - *potential*, I dunno if they need another WR, or that one of those two needs to step up and start realizing that potential. Would be tough for an incoming rookie WR that isn't one of the top 4-5 guys to be expected to crack that line up right out of the gate.

NO is another one where i like the current #2 (Shaheed) more than most. He's more or less one dimensional as a WR, but depending on the offensive system in question, that one dimension could be all that's needed from that second guy.

and IMHO, The GMen have a TON of good-really good #2 types and slot types, (WanDale, Slayton, Hyatt, Boykins, McKenzie- all with varying levels of limited NFL success and legit players) but they have zero 'alpha/elite/#1' types. IF they go WR in the draft, they need to do it with their early #1 and get that stud. (Nabers)

I tried to find any potential teams that I would add..couldn't come up with any, well done.

Overall though, whole heartedly agree, there is nothing but opportunity for at least 10-12 WR's to be immediate impact contributors..assuming they're worth the hype they have coming in.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO be honest, I HOPE we can add Vegas to this list as they trade #13, and D. Adams, and maybe a '25 #1 to move up and grab Jayden Daniels. PIpe dream, but don't piss on my rainbow

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL is a tough one. With Bijun. Pitts, and London around, and Mooney, a former 1000+ yd receiver on a bad team and R. Moore, a former #2 with no luck health wise or QB wise, and their dreaded P word - *potential*, I dunno if they need another WR,
I like Cousins. I think his presence makes this team better. Also think ATL got a steal in Mooney.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO be honest, I HOPE we can add Vegas to this list as they trade #13, and D. Adams, and maybe a '25 #1 to move up and grab Jayden Daniels. PIpe dream, but don't piss on my rainbow
Ok i pooped on it :D

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this isn't "news" but with the NFL draft around the corner, how many GMs are on the hot seat if this year's selections don't work out? How many GMs are new and want to make a splash?

4 GMs are essentially rookies themselves. (LAC, CAR, WSH, NE)
2 are in their 2nd year. (TEN, ARI)
4 are entering year 3. (MIN, PIT, CHI, NYG)

That's 10 GMs with less than 3 years experience.

If you include the 4 GMs going into year 4 (HOU, ATL, DEN, DET), that's nearly half the league with less than 4 year's experience.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this isn't "news" but with the NFL draft around the corner, how many GMs are on the hot seat if this year's selections don't work out? How many GMs are new and want to make a splash?

If you include the 4 GMs going into year 4 (HOU, ATL, DEN, DET), that's nearly half the league with less than 4 year's experience.
Without any deep analysis, I'd say MIN both needs a big splash and is on the hot seat.

Giants GM probably can't whiff on this draft. I see them doing safe things.

Carolina GM probably wants more picks. I could see them trading down from 33 after taking a bunch of phone calls.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Denver's GM is a GM in title only, so he'll likely simply be allowed to hang around until his contract is up. As soon as they hired Sean Peyton, George Paton became nothing more than a figurehead.

Supposedly he's a great evaluator of 'talent' so maybe he'd be a good 'director of scouting' somewhere?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have their QB.... :nono:

Jets trade Zach Wilson to Denver.
that one had bene rumored since before the start of free agency, I had given up thinking about at this point. Former #2 overall for the cost of the difference between a 6th and a 7th. So long as all the Denver people keep their moms off the streets, not much of a risk.

Never know, maybe Sean Peyton can uncover what it was that made Wilson a #2 overall pick to begin with?

Tells me that Peyton and his "thankfully, we're better at it than everyone else" (referencing evaluating and selecting a rookie QB), was certainly pin pointing JJ McCarthy, who, at the time, was a late first/early second round projected pick that he was planning on snagging at #12. Between then and now, McCarthy's rise into he top 5 discussion has obviously changed Peyton's plan, and I wouldn't be convinced of them taking QB high..but I would bank on a Spencer Rattler/Michael Pratt or Joe Milton in the 3-5th area.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that one had bene rumored since before the start of free agency, I had given up thinking about at this point. Former #2 overall for the cost of the difference between a 6th and a 7th. So long as all the Denver people keep their moms off the streets, not much of a risk.

Never know, maybe Sean Peyton can uncover what it was that made Wilson a #2 overall pick to begin with?

Tells me that Peyton and his "thankfully, we're better at it than everyone else" (referencing evaluating and selecting a rookie QB), was certainly pin pointing JJ McCarthy, who, at the time, was a late first/early second round projected pick that he was planning on snagging at #12. Between then and now, McCarthy's rise into he top 5 discussion has obviously changed Peyton's plan, and I wouldn't be convinced of them taking QB high..but I would bank on a Spencer Rattler/Michael Pratt or Joe Milton in the 3-5th area.

Just remember, Geno Smith was a bust with the Jets. He turned out ok.

Gonna be interesting here. Peyton talking smack, let's see if he knows what he's doing.

Btw, I'm hoping the Vikings hold onto their picks and go for the Rattler. Broncos pick Milton later on.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if any of the QBs drafted this year hold a candle to Matty Ice.

Matt Ryan retired from the NFL after 15 seasons.

Ryan was the third overall pick of the 2008 NFL Draft and spent the first 14 years of his career with the Falcons. He and the Falcons immediately went 56-22 over his first four years in the league while making the playoffs in four of his first five seasons. In 2016, Ryan led the Falcons to an 11-5 record while clinching the NFC South along with his first and only MVP award. Unfortunately, that season also ended in a heartbreaking defeat, as the Falcons came up short on the infamous “28-3" game in Super Bowl LI. After a down 2021 season, Ryan moved on to the Colts in 2022. Looking like a shell of his former self, Ryan threw for 3057-14-13 in 12 starts for the Colts that season and wasn’t brought back in 2023 — by any team. Now ready to hang it up, Ryan retires as the Falcons’ all-time leader in passing yards (59,735) and passing touchdowns (367). He currently sits seventh on the NFL’s all-time passing yards list (62,792) and is ninth in career touchdown passes (381). Even without that lucrative championship, Ryan walks away as one of the most productive players at the quarterback position and should one day hear his name called for Canton.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bored, so here's a few RBs that aren't on the top of people's lists right now that I'll be keeping tabs on day 3 landing spots

Jaylen Wright from Tennessee
Will Shipley from Clemson
Justin Strong from Southern Illinois; I walked onto their track/cross country team in college at the same time Brandon Jacobs was the RB there, always root hard for their guys on draft weekend

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bored, so here's a few RBs that aren't on the top of people's lists right now that I'll be keeping tabs on day 3 landing spots

Jaylen Wright from Tennessee
Will Shipley from Clemson
Justin Strong from Southern Illinois; I walked onto their track/cross country team in college at the same time Brandon Jacobs was the RB there, always root hard for their guys on draft weekend
Jaylen Wright is also on my list of guys I HOPE end up in a good spot, and that MIGHT surprise a little. I didn't see anything on film to get all that excited about, but he does have some physical traits/abilities, that if he blossoms a bit, he could be a very interesting piece. He could easily be that next guy who wasn't necessarily expected to be much of anything more than a complimentary/role player, that shocks everyone and tears it up for few seasons.