• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy baseball fails

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know those times where you think "WTF", or you have a matchup where nothing goes right for you. Had one last night.

I had three SP's get me quality starts, and I didn't get a single win :L

Sabbathia, TWood, Hamels all got QS's and losses or ND. Good grief.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple years ago, my team had one hit one day...it was like 1/45 or something like that lol.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know those times where you think "WTF", or you have a matchup where nothing goes right for you. Had one last night.

I hate wins. So unpredictable and mainly outside of the SPs control.

This season, my team was cruising along offensively. I was 3rd in RBI and 4th in HRs. Then the drought hit. In a 3 week span, my team hit a total of 5 HRs. Since we start 11 hitters, you can only imagine what happened in the standings. :gaah:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate wins. So unpredictable and mainly outside of the SPs control.

This season, my team was cruising along offensively. I was 3rd in RBI and 4th in HRs. Then the drought hit. In a 3 week span, my team hit a total of 5 HRs. Since we start 11 hitters, you can only imagine what happened in the standings. :gaah:

You sank down closer to me?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL Trying to pick SPs to get wins can be maddening. Several weeks ago, after listening to Brian Kinney on MLB Net claim for weeks that the W is an absolutely meaningless statistic for pitchers, I heard him finally come clean and admit that his experience playing fantasy baseball is really what led him to that conclusion. Thought that was pretty funny, since prior to then he had couched his argument in terms of "advanced sabermetrics". LOL

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I finally bit the bullet yesterday by dropping from my fantasy team Fransisco Rodriguez , who had barely pitched and had been ineffective since joining the O's. So of course he goes out and pitches an inning to get the W yesterday. :doh:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

You sank down closer to me?

LOL. Roto league. although, my team does appear to be in the midst of a pretty nice slump in MBBRL too. Just not quite as epic since I already have 6 HRs in the last 10 days.