• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy advice.....

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys, I have 3 pitchers going today:

Josh Johnson vs. Pittsburgh (this is a guaranteed start.....hopefully Johnson can rebound from some lousy starts)

But, should I pitch Tim Hudson against Washington? Liriano against Chicago WS?

Hudson is against Teh Manatee and Liriano is against Gavin Floyd.

What would you guys do?

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josh Johnson vs. Pittsburgh (this is a guaranteed start.....hopefully Johnson can rebound from some lousy starts)

What would you guys do?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

What would you guys do?

How's your league score for pitchers?

If it's just wins, I'd go with Hudson. I'd say that's a no brainier based on run/game differential. If it's FIP, xFIP, or the like I'd be tempted to go with Liriano.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's your league score for pitchers?

If it's just wins, I'd go with Hudson. I'd say that's a no brainier based on run/game differential. If it's FIP, xFIP, or the like I'd be tempted to go with Liriano.

Sorry, that might have helped huh? :)

W - L - SV - K - ERA - WHIP

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry, that might have helped huh? :)

W - L - SV - K - ERA - WHIP

Nearly a coin toss. I'll go with Hudson - mostly based on the talent differential between ATL and the Nats.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nearly a coin toss. I'll go with Hudson - mostly based on the talent differential between ATL and the Nats.

Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking too. Not to mention Atlanta's ridiculous W% at home this season. I'm behind in strikeouts and whip, but Liriano is prone to having a high whip to go along with his so's. Huddy usually has a low whip with low strikeouts......and less of a propensity to have a blow up game unlike Liriano.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks. That's kind of what I was thinking too. Not to mention Atlanta's ridiculous W% at home this season. I'm behind in strikeouts and whip, but Liriano is prone to having a high whip to go along with his so's. Huddy usually has a low whip with low strikeouts......and less of a propensity to have a blow up game unlike Liriano.

The K's almost tip it to Liriano. BTW, is there a private message master switch somewhere? I don't see an option to send a PM (or even reply to one at the moment)?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The K's almost tip it to Liriano. BTW, is there a private message master switch somewhere? I don't see an option to send a PM (or even reply to one at the moment)?

That's strange, I can't find it either.....must be a minor board malfunction or something. I tried clicking on your nic next to your post and also visited your profile, but to no avail. I'll try going to my own profile and accessing it.....

lol, just realized I didn't answer your question.....there is no master switch that I know of. :D

EDIT: GP, the only way I can message somebody right now is by going to the upper right hand corner to "Private Messages" and then just reply.....or you can go to USER CP, manually go to Send New Message (on left hand side) and then just type in the User Name that you want to message......still, very strange indeed. Ironically, if I click on my own name, I can send a message to myself.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's strange, I can't find it either.....must be a minor board malfunction or something. I tried clicking on your nic next to your post and also visited your profile, but to no avail. I'll try going to my own profile and accessing it.....

lol, just realized I didn't answer your question.....there is no master switch that I know of. :D

EDIT: GP, the only way I can message somebody right now is by going to the upper right hand corner to "Private Messages" and then just reply.....or you can go to USER CP, manually go to Send New Message (on left hand side) and then just type in the User Name that you want to message......still, very strange indeed. Ironically, if I click on my own name, I can send a message to myself.

Nope. I've got no "Send New Message" option at the moment. Not a big deal.... I'll log off and maybe it will be back when I log back in later.

By the way, have you sent an invite to coach crusher? Always liked his perspective.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I've got no "Send New Message" option at the moment. Not a big deal.... I'll log off and maybe it will be back when I log back in later.

By the way, have you sent an invite to coach crusher? Always liked his perspective.

I have not. I haven't seen him post recently. Whenever I catch him posting on the other board, I'll bump the thread and send him an invite. If you guys see him, feel free to send him an invite as well if you guys would like. I also need to send one to Laguna Hills, but I haven't seen him post in months.

Regardless, I trust every single poster in here, so if you guys see someone you want to invite, have at it.....even if they are from other forums besides ESPN.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not. I haven't seen him post recently. Whenever I catch him posting on the other board, I'll bump the thread and send him an invite. If you guys see him, feel free to send him an invite as well if you guys would like. I also need to send one to Laguna Hills, but I haven't seen him post in months.

Regardless, I trust every single poster in here, so if you guys see someone you want to invite, have at it.....even if they are from other forums besides ESPN.

LHG left the board when Franchize showed up. I think he said he didnt like the direction of the board (as well as the whole "life" thing).

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LHG left the board when Franchize showed up. I think he said he didnt like the direction of the board (as well as the whole "life" thing).

Can't blame him for it on either count. Freaky, although a guy with great baseball knowledge, was an over-caffeinated headcase. It's too bad too because he had the potential to be a solid citizen.....and I must admit, these boards take up more of my life than I'm proud to admit :D