• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fan gets drilled by foul ball behind catcher

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually fan lawsuits stemming from being hit with a bat/ball while in the stands, are thrown out. Fans assume the risk the minute they purchase a ticket & enter a ballpark. Warnings are usually posted at every walkway entrance & throughout the ballpark as well as the ticket.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually fan lawsuits stemming from being hit with a bat/ball while in the stands, are thrown out. Fans assume the risk the minute they purchase a ticket & enter a ballpark. Warnings are usually posted at every walkway entrance & throughout the ballpark as well as the ticket.

Yep, you basically agree to waive your right to sue for such bodily harm (related to stray baseballs at least) when you step foot in the park.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense. Chase Field as well as other ballparks have plexi & we never hear stories of balls rocketing back, taking out an ump, catcher, or batter. And unlike the fans, all of which are wearing protective gear.

I am not placing blame for this incident, but if you want the safest experience without much of a change, plexi backstop is the way to go.

Not only that the plexi pieces usually have some give to help deaden the ball.

But if no give in the pieces you do have to worry about it shooting back or somewhere else.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you basically agree to waive your right to sue for such bodily harm (related to stray baseballs at least) when you step foot in the park.

The last lawsuit that got attention that I can remember, was the guy at Shea Stadium a few years back. And eventually, the judge threw that out.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why they would make a backstop that has the possibility of this happening. I know at the dbacks it's a solid plastic/glass barrier behind the backstop..

Tell grant the head groundskeeper there,that was the only thing he ever did right.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you have the ball hitting a hard surface at the speed it comes off the bat it will rocket right back to the plate area and take out the ump, catcher or batter.

That's what they are paid for..........Not the fans.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody gonna get sued.

And that sucks big time. A person that isn't paying attention can get hit by a ball when at a ball game. A bat too.

Get the ball signed by the pitcher and batter and she'll have a story to laugh about for life. Sue a corp because you can...hope you fucking fall off a clff some day.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I have a feeling at most will be some sort of settlement. Heck even in Columbus when that girl was killed during that NHL game they settled out of court.