• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fan Experience committee

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting on this thing, some of my ideas are strong imo.

After every win all coaches shall be carried off the field on the shoulders of the opposing team and staff while being showered with rose pedals.

After every loss one coach (who was obviously the reason for the loss) shall be hanged in the blue lot and his/her corpse pelted with tailgate leftovers and beer bottles.

:peace:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, Luck is on the cutting edge. Time after time… the man proves that he's got it.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great idea that is being used in a lot of places...lets here what the payingfans and students have to say, we hear all the time from the fans who neversupport the team monetarily or in spirit. Hopefully they get a great mix ofideas from students and alumni that does improve the game day experience.

What would you guys say at this meeting?

My list:

Fix the grey walls immediately, they are an eye sore and look horrible inperson and on TV. They have to fix our little numbers of honor thing. It isdisgraceful looking how we spray painted those numbers up there.

Move beer lines away from entrace to seats, just backs up everything andcreates a mess.

I never experienced this, but whatever you have to do to get the students tothe game on time get it done. (this one is really on the students, but theyneed to talk to student leaders and find out what the problem is and fix it)One thought I have is to close the one side of the field and put studentsection in the endzone where it is for most schools. Plus I hate the open endof our field, not really sure what reason they used that design.

Offer fan food cards....basically a card you buy preseason for a discountedamount on food. Say you buy the card for 50 bucks, but it allows you to get 75in food or whatever numbers you want to use. This will help budgeting sincemoney will already be in the departments hands.

Schedule at least 2 night games a year...I know with TV contracts and suchit is hard to do, but we spend 250 a year for our space and with noon games wecan barely enjoy the tailgating.

I do not really care about this one, but better cell service in games.people love to post and tweet so it gives a great feel to the game day experienceto people who do not attend....bigger reason for me is in case of an emergency.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, here is your chance to be heard!

He hasn't been to a game since they played William and jefferson in a field. We do not need water holes for his horse in the blue lot! :lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, here is your chance to be heard!

I think they are more interested in true fans... than the like of DAD. When was the last time DAD attended a home game?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideas:

1 Students need to show up for all sports. Create a point system and give points to students for attending sports events. If a student does not show up after getting a ticket, they lose points. Tickets are given out based on points earned. This will reward students who are die hard fans and keep the empty seat guys on their couches.

2. Create large wi-fi networks around the stadium and Coliseum. It can be very frustrating trying to find friends in the parking lots when phone and text messages cannot get through. Create a game day website to let fans see replay video and see highlights and scores from other games.

3. Not so many 12:00 games and more night games.

4. Better food options- I don't think there has been any menu changes at Mountaineer field since the introduction of kettle corn. Id love a Primani Bros sandwich but would even settle for Wings Ole.

5. Clear out the concourse area. Tear down the mid concourse concession stands and beer stands. We should really tear down the bathrooms also and move them further back, or they could add a second story to the bathroom/concession buildings to sell beer and premium foods.

6. Parking lot concessions. Have private vendors set up shop in the parking lots around the stadium to sell food ,beer and fan items.

7. Game day music- Set up a stage by the ticket office and have live bands playing before and after games. local bands popular with students will get them to the stadium early and hopefully in thier seats earlier.

8. Pre game events- alumni games/soccer games/intramural flag football. Give people something to do if they get to the stadium early.

9. Lower season ticket prices. An empty seat generates no revenue. Fill that seat for $20 and that person will buy 2 beers a hot dog and a Trickett jersey. People want to see the staduim filled.

10. and last but not least, When it is fourth and goal and the timeout is called, please do not play the don't text and drive commercial on the billboard.

Ollie I hope you are reading.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are more interested in true fans... than the like of DAD. When was the last time DAD attended a home game?

Being a yes man for Luck does NOT make one a better fan of WVU athletics!!!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a yes man for Luck does NOT make one a better fan of WVU athletics!!!!!

Not sure I understand your point. What constitutes being a yes man?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideas:

1 Students need to show up for all sports. Create a point system and give points to students for attending sports events. If a student does not show up after getting a ticket, they lose points. Tickets are given out based on points earned. This will reward students who are die hard fans and keep the empty seat guys on their couches.

2. Create large wi-fi networks around the stadium and Coliseum. It can be very frustrating trying to find friends in the parking lots when phone and text messages cannot get through. Create a game day website to let fans see replay video and see highlights and scores from other games.

4. Better food options- I don't think there has been any menu changes at Mountaineer field since the introduction of kettle corn. Id love a Primani Bros sandwich but would even settle for Wings Ole.

5. Clear out the concourse area. Tear down the mid concourse concession stands and beer stands. We should really tear down the bathrooms also and move them further back, or they could add a second story to the bathroom/concession buildings to sell beer and premium foods.

6. Parking lot concessions. Have private vendors set up shop in the parking lots around the stadium to sell food ,beer and fan items.

7. Game day music- Set up a stage by the ticket office and have live bands playing before and after games. local bands popular with students will get them to the stadium early and hopefully in thier seats earlier.

8. Pre game events- alumni games/soccer games/intramural flag football. Give people something to do if they get to the stadium early.

9. Lower season ticket prices. An empty seat generates no revenue. Fill that seat for $20 and that person will buy 2 beers a hot dog and a Trickett jersey. People want to see the staduim filled.

10. and last but not least, When it is fourth and goal and the timeout is called, please do not play the don't text and drive commercial on the billboard.

I agree with every point but number 3, maybe it is my old man going on my horse, but I like traditional game time, a noon game gets me there, see the game and home all in one day, a night game ropes me into stopping at Wheeling or Cambridge for a motel.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see dad in his Trickett jersey.

Go Major

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My ideas:

I think the suggestions of 7 and 8 are more in line with what should be added....if the FAN EXPERIENCE is enhanced pre and post game then the preception of value of the ticket price will be more palatable..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a game in Huntington a few years ago, and one thing I hope we never see at WVU is the rap music played at deafening volumes prior to kickoff. I get what some are saying about the concession stands, but there is no room on the East side to go out with them, the stadium was built on the cheap in a less than ideal spot for expanding the footprint.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More coverage in stadium of other games in the B12 and top 25 tilts that affect bowls and playoff spots would be good too. Be it cell signal or big screens or otherwise.