• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fall '21 or bust

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck spring football.

That is all.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Spring can happen and if it does how many players will sit out? For that matter how many are just going to drop out or fail out because these are just kids.

Also, how many programs are going to fold due to budget issues?

This is a massive deal.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Spring can happen and if it does how many players will sit out? For that matter how many are just going to drop out or fail out because these are just kids.

Also, how many programs are going to fold due to budget issues?

This is a massive deal.

It'll change the dynamics completely. Watch it become an event just for the elites in the world, universities start charging $500 for nose bleeds to make up for what was lost. I'm exaggerating, but it has felt like it was going that way for a little while to me, I couldn't believe at the price of some of these games.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck spring football.

That is all.

You need to go back to college. You've got the time - get a degree from an SEC school and start living!! I'd recommend Alibamma. You can get a bachelors there online in like 5 weeks.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to go back to college. You've got the time - get a degree from an SEC school and start living!! I'd recommend Alibamma. You can get a bachelors there online in like 5 weeks.

I take enough risks in my life. Hell, my wife is working on campus at the U of Illinois for the next 3 weeks. Woman is trying to kill me.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take enough risks in my life. Hell, my wife is working on campus at the U of Illinois for the next 3 weeks. Woman is trying to kill me.
Crazy. Just the taxes alone in IL will kill you.

You'd better pack-up that old conversion van and get your ass down south.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring football would also impact the NFL draft. I don't like it at all.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure...If there is no football there will be no other sport played.

Football funds the entire works in college. These schools have all taken a bit hit on refunding 1/2 of
their room and board money from last year. They won't be getting any TV money without games being played.

Women's sports are total monetary disasters. Nobody is going to be sending the Women's softball team
on a weekend road trip if football isn't played.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem I have with spring football is that most high end draft picks (projected in the first three rounds) are not going to risk it. They will just hire an agent, and start working out for either the Combine or the Draft.

Whoever wins a conference in Spring football will likely just be ignored as the fans on other teams will have the excuse "well it would have been different if our best player(s) were there".

On top of that, who wants to go watch football in person in the dead of winter/beginning of spring in the north? You'd likely have to move the teams to an indoor facility and likely lose most of the student fans (especially at Michigan where the closest indoor facility to accomodate them would be Ford Field which is 40 miles away).

Spring football would be like your parents telling you that you have to postpone your birthday party to a date when most of your best friends can't come.

Dalton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck spring football.

That is all.

They're going to need a bubble....so unless all schools move their classes online...it'll have to be done after graduation.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to need a bubble....so unless all schools move their classes online...it'll have to be done after graduation.

After graduation? So these teams would play football in May, June, and maybe July, and then turn around and play a new season in September?

The B10 and P12 will have to start no later than February, imo, and end by April or they will be have a tough time getting much out of their team in September. Not even NFL players play that much football in 10 months.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B16 and PAC spring season will be hurt by the Power 3 Spring games who will get all the ratings

Dalton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After graduation? So these teams would play football in May, June, and maybe July, and then turn around and play a new season in September?

The way things are right now, a season in September isn't possible.