• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

EZEKIEL ELLIOTT Suspension Upheld

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Im sure thats what it is, and not that you never had any fucking clue what you were talking about, and just didnt wanna hold a player you like accountable for his own actions....

It must be what you said
Not on the evidence we've seen.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Zeke playing this week because they wont rule until later in the week I heard there's talk he may not serve his suspension until the following year just like Brady did. Which would be great news for my fantasy team.

Here's the latest as I understand it...

Judge Mazzant will hand down his ruling NLT Friday, September 7 at 5:00 PM. If he doesn't grant the TRO, the NFLPA will immediately appeal to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. If he does grant the TRO, then each side has 10 days to prepare their cases regarding an injunction. That would almost certainly mean Zeke is eligible for Week 2 and beyond depending on how long it would take the the above litigation to make its way through the system.

However long that takes...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Judge Mazzant will hand down his ruling NLT Friday, September 7 at 5:00 PM. If he doesn't grant the TRO, the NFLPA will immediately appeal to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. If he does grant the TRO, then each side has 10 days to prepare their cases regarding an injunction. That would almost certainly mean Zeke is eligible for Week 2 and beyond depending on how long it would take the the above litigation to make its way through the system.

I will say this, He absolutely seems to have a stronger reason, and case, to take this all the way to the top of the court system, from what Ive read, than Brady did

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, He absolutely seems to have a stronger reason, and case, to take this all the way to the top of the court system, from what Ive read, than Brady did

Judge Mazzant beat the league attorneys up pretty good over how Goodell (and his team) arrived at their decision. But I also recall the judge in the Brady case doing something similar... less about process then though and more about the evidence. If Zeke's team and the NFLPA can convince Judge Mazzant that they were biased against him, then he's got a shot.

But - I just keep getting a sense the Brady ruling is going to be the deciding factor... and there will be an appeal filed to the 5th tomorrow. My $0.02...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the TRO is not granted the suspension will take affect immediately. He will still get to play in week 1 but from week 2 on he will be suspended it does not matter if he files an appeal. The only way he gets to play is if an injunction is granted. I highly doubt the appeal will hit the courts before week 2.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge Mazzant beat the league attorneys up pretty good over how Goodell (and his team) arrived at their decision. But I also recall the judge in the Brady case doing something similar... less about process then though and more about the evidence. If Zeke's team and the NFLPA can convince Judge Mazzant that they were biased against him, then he's got a shot.

But - I just keep getting a sense the Brady ruling is going to be the deciding factor... and there will be an appeal filed to the 5th tomorrow. My $0.02...
The judge should tear the league a new one. They screwed this up on so many levels. BUT, I don't see them losing in court. Hope it ends now and we move forward

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The judge should tear the league a new one. They screwed this up on so many levels. BUT, I don't see them losing in court. Hope it ends now and we move forward

The league has been screwing this up for years. Ezekiel Elliot is wrong place, wrong time scenario. The NFL is not going to go easy on any domestic violence. Unfortunately for him there is not much he is going to be able to do about it. The NFLPA and their complete stupidity allowed Goodell to have this kind of power. The NFLPA needs to clean house and get legit people who know what the hell they are doing to negotiate for them.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really bothers me about this whole thing is that he was never charged, the investigator recommended no suspension, and it was upheld. They wasted everyone's time just to dig their heels in like petty children.
Well, we all know that you don't have to be charged, or convicted, to be suspended by the NFL. It's worked that way for quite some time, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

As for the investigator, my assumption is that he recommends no suspension based on the actual DV evidence, or lack there of. What he can't do is recommend no suspension based on the NFL's wide ranging interpretation of "Detrimental to the league" policy, which is where most of these suspensions come from when a player is not charged, or convicted.

NFLPA gave Goodell too much power. They are now feeling the brunt of that mistake.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you don't seem too bright, so I'm not surprised

Well, I dont like your favorite football team, so its natural for a grown man to come to that conclusion based on that

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's sad, IMO, is that had the NFL not screwed up so badly on the Ray Rice issue, this probably doesn't go this far, nor does he get the length of suspension currently handed down. EZ probably gets a 1-2 game suspension, and it was probably worked down to a 1 game suspension and everyone moves on because it's more about the "image of the league" than what actually happened in this case, because it's pretty clear not enough happened to warrant any prosecution.

Rice on the other hand...........And now you are getting the snap back effect on this case because of how poorly Rice was handled.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we all know that you don't have to be charged, or convicted, to be suspended by the NFL. It's worked that way for quite some time, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

As for the investigator, my assumption is that he recommends no suspension based on the actual DV evidence, or lack there of. What he can't do is recommend no suspension based on the NFL's wide ranging interpretation of "Detrimental to the league" policy, which is where most of these suspensions come from when a player is not charged, or convicted.

NFLPA gave Goodell too much power. They are now feeling the brunt of that mistake.
So, how do they handle a false accuser? Punishing an innocent person will damage the brand too.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, how do they handle a false accuser? Punishing an innocent person will damage the brand too.

Here is the problem with that. She is not a false accuser. A lot of people get so caught up in one incident but there were a total of 5 incidents. On top of that even Zeke has some credible issues as well. The prosecutor of the case publicly stated that he believed the accuser but there was not enough to determine what actually happened.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem with that. She is not a false accuser. A lot of people get so caught up in one incident but there were a total of 5 incidents. On top of that even Zeke has some credible issues as well. The prosecutor of the case publicly stated that he believed the accuser but there was not enough to determine what actually happened.
I didn't say she was but seeing as how it seems to be an ego-fueled dick swinging contest I doubt it would end up any different.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say she was but seeing as how it seems to be an ego-fueled dick swinging contest I doubt it would end up any different.

Now that shit is funny......LOL

The NFLPA is repeatedly having it's ass handed to it by Goodell and the NFL. That is because they choose the wrong leadership. I am still trying to figure out how they let Goodell have this much power. Most people hated him before this recent CBA was negotiated.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that shit is funny......LOL

The NFLPA is repeatedly having it's ass handed to it by Goodell and the NFL. That is because they choose the wrong leadership. I am still trying to figure out how they let Goodell have this much power. Most people hated him before this recent CBA was negotiated.
PR-wise it kind of makes sense. Let one guy take the heat and not the whole league. You can only screw up so many times before it looks bad for the league though.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what's sad, IMO, is that had the NFL not screwed up so badly on the Ray Rice issue, this probably doesn't go this far, nor does he get the length of suspension currently handed down. EZ probably gets a 1-2 game suspension, and it was probably worked down to a 1 game suspension and everyone moves on because it's more about the "image of the league" than what actually happened in this case, because it's pretty clear not enough happened to warrant any prosecution.

Rice on the other hand...........And now you are getting the snap back effect on this case because of how poorly Rice was handled.

In the end - that is the biggest issue. The league (specifically - Goodell) had a chance to set the precedent there and then. Instead, they half-assed it. They have been playing a game of catch-up ever since.

UTKipp1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right. This not so much about Zeke, but about Goodell taking a piss all over the NFLPA and making sure everyone knows this is the new policy abuot domestic abuse in the NFL. Also he gets to attack one of Jerry Jones's best players since he's had it in for him for a long time.

I don't want Zeke to sue because this is just a distraction, but when it's over I would like an investigation into how Goodell formed his evidence for this situation. If there's no criminal complaint, it makes zero sense that this is now grounds for a suspension!