• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

experts saying our wrs are mediocre already

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in my completely unbiased opinion the best recievers are

1. Chase
2. Justin Jefferson
3. Higgins
4. Boyd
5. whoever plays for Miami
6. I like the name Ju Ju, it's fun to say.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's completely unfair, right off the top of my head. Chase did miss, what 5 games? Impacted his stats, which were still really good.

That being said, looking more into it....he's certainly a top 5 guy - in 12 games (vs 17 last year) he had 6 more receptions, and was only 400 yards off from last years' 1455, already had 9 TD's.

If you take the average of his 12 games and add those...

1,481 yards and 12/13 TD's (12.75) on 123 receptions.

In terms of yards, that puts him up there around 4th or 5th.

In terms of receptions that puts him up there around #1 or #2.

In terms of TD's that puts him up there around #1 or #2.

And considering that he's more likely, than not, to have a couple of bigger games than just the average - you could make an argument he would be really close to being 3rd in yards, and #1 in TD's and receptions...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have Jefferson, Diggs, Adams, and Brown ahead of Chase. So...5th?

Lots of Niners are high on 538's list. Not sure I agree with some of their metrics because everyone plays the Niners to stop the run. You can make the argument that Kittle is the better TE than Kelce but I wouldnt try to make the argument that he is a better receiver.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of Niners are high on 538's list. Not sure I agree with some of their metrics because everyone plays the Niners to stop the run. You can make the argument that Kittle is the better TE than Kelce but I wouldnt try to make the argument that he is a better receiver.
I think after Jefferson, you are splitting hairs....There's a pretty good mix from 2-6 or 2-7. Hill could be in that mix as well.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think AJ Brown is better than Chase. Brown has always had the benefit of a strong run game and good o-line play. Even so, Brown's best year is not statistically much different than Chase's rookie season. I think Chase had a somewhat uneven year in his second year, but I think a lot of that can be attributed to missing time with an injury and dealing with an insane amount of coverage designed specifically to stop him. My guess (or hope) is that the Bengals spend the offseason figuring out a way to get some explosive plays back in their system.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after Jefferson, you are splitting hairs....There's a pretty good mix from 2-6 or 2-7. Hill could be in that mix as well.
Ultimately I think its more about tiers than an order. Really any WR that routinely beats CBs and sometimes beats double coverage is worth its weight in gold regardless of which order they're in. Its why Higgins could end up being the highest paid WR. His skillset is elite enough to still matter.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those dropped balls from the preseason hurting his overall elite status.

Also, it would be nice to bring back AJ Green for one game.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those dropped balls from the preseason hurting his overall elite status.

Also, it would be nice to bring back AJ Green for one game.
I wouldn't bring AJ back for anything other than a quick sign and retire as a Bengal. I think AJ is happy with his decision. Playing in one single game requires too much work to prep.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't bring AJ back for anything other than a quick sign and retire as a Bengal. I think AJ is happy with his decision. Playing in one single game requires too much work to prep.
whatever route he runs, Burrow would lay it in his hands, it would be like a new born baby softly being handed to him by angels.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gotta admit, those are some pretty good receivers.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL fans of other teams - "The Bengals are a garbage franchise that can't draft and won't be able to add talent to their roster in the future."

Also NFL fans of other teams - "The Bengals are only good because the players they drafted are so much better than everyone else and only being paid on rookie contracts."

Make it make sense.