• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Expectations for Offensive Line During Preseason

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our biggest question mark this is year is no doubt our offensive line and it keeping Burrow healthy and making holes for Mixon. By the sounds of it, the zone blocking scheme appears to be making some holes for Mixon in training camp. The issue still lies in pass protection. Where do you expect out of them in the first preseason game (if we have one due to Fred)? What do you want to see them improve on from preseason week 1 to the beginning of the season? Who do you want to see most on that offensive line improve the most outside Jackson Carmen (as he is quite obviously the guy everyone wants to see improve the quickest)? Give me one player you think may open some eyes in preseason on that oline?

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm such an idiot. I thought the defense looked good. maybe it was the pot.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have little to no confidence in the line being average this season. Hopefully, I'll be wrong. Its going to be a year of people saying they should have taken Sewell.

One thing that's caught my attention is that at least as of now, they have not automatically made Carman the starter based on his draft position, which seems like something they would have done in the past.

I think they should have signed the center that they brought in a couple weeks back, from KC I think(?) and move Hopkins to one of the guard spots. I like Hopkins, but I seem to remember after he got hurt the line seemed to play a little better. I'm not sure how good he is making the line calls.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jackson Carman experiment looks to be a long-term experiment..... Guy isn't getting reps in practice at this point.

I'm not very optimistic that the best news coming out of camp is the play of D'Ante Smith. While I hope we really have a diamond in the rough, this feels like one of those training camp feel good stories that blows up with the season begins. Unfortunately the other feel good story is Michael Jordan and that doesn't inspire confidence at all. The fact that the veteran guards aren't easily outplaying these guys is a serious concern. And depth at the tackle position is also a major concern.