• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty excited for this.

To anyone who opens their mouth and farts out "Hollywood doesn't make anything original anymore," watch this trailer.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything Everywhere All at Once review:

10/10

Oh god I have so many adjectives for this film that I really don't know where to begin. I sat here for a good 30 minutes deciding what to put down. I'm even sitting here at my laptop because doing a review on my phone felt insufficient and not worthy of this movie. There are so many thoughts I'm compressing them as it is.

To start it ticks all of the boxes it sets before itself without being too preachy or meta, trope-y, or slow in places it should be.

Do you like sci fi premises? It has it.
Do you like great martial arts sequences? It has it.
Do you like great character development and catharsis? It has it.
Do you like to laugh? Do you like to feel things and maybe even cry? It has it.

This film is an experience of the highest sort, and I cannot stress enough to you that, if possible, you should see it in theaters.

It's brilliantly mad, hilarious without trying, and I'll be completely honest. I fucking cried at a certain part in the film, I totally did and when that wasn't happening, I was smiling for almost the rest of the film.

I can't tell you the last time a film made me cry. Maybe the first time I watched Warrior (2011), maybe? I certainly can't tell you the last film that had me grinning like an idiot for most of it.

Long winded post to say that I loved it, it's a palate cleanser for the soul. It's probably my movie of the year.

I'm trying not to oversell this movie, not set people up for disappointment if they decide to watch it but I honestly don't have a single negative thought or criticism. I can't think of one and all I want to do is watch it again and see what I missed the first time around.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen this yet, but I think I am convinced now that it has to be seen.

And btw…. The husband is fucking Short Round! Data, motherfuckers!

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw…. The husband is fucking Short Round! Data, motherfuckers!

Dude... what a pervert... I know Short Round is an adult now but still....

Anyway, the movie was total insanity... Really funny but the title is perfect...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only quibble is that it was a bit too long. I really enjoyed it. I may need to watch it again when I'm not high, though... which greatly enhanced many of the scenes but wasn't great for trying to follow what was going on.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only quibble is that it was a bit too long. I really enjoyed it. I may need to watch it again when I'm not high, though... which greatly enhanced many of the scenes but wasn't great for trying to follow what was going on.

you are such an everything bagel...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not certain if this was the stupidest movie I have ever seen, or the most brilliant. Probably both.

Who would have thought a movie with this kind of critical buzz would have a major scene influenced by Borat. Come on. Seriously. Who wasn’t thinking Borat during that entire sequence?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not certain if this was the stupidest movie I have ever seen, or the most brilliant. Probably both.

Who would have thought a movie with this kind of critical buzz would have a major scene influenced by Borat. Come on. Seriously. Who wasn’t thinking Borat during that entire sequence?
Sacha Baron Cohen Thats Very Nice GIF by Amazon Prime Video

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this thread and started watching…….crazy crazy but entertaining.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched the entire thing start to finish and it was not too long as I stated before. It's just a great ride with an undercurrent theme exploring mother-daughter & husband-wife relationship dynamics. You just have to go with it and try not to worry about exactly what is happening during all of the quick cuts to scenes playing out in alternate universes. It's a blast and it's going to clean up at the Oscars.

It looks like best supporting actress is going to go to Jamie Lee Curtis, who did a fine job in what was probably a very fun role for her to play. But Stephanie Hsu, who plays the daughter and has also been nominated in that category, gave the best performance in the movie.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw this one with the wife.

I was excited... heard all the buzz, and was pumped.

The first 45 minutes or so were fantastic: funny, off-beat, didn't-know-what-to-expect... the story-tellers were hitting just the right notes.

Then the movie slogged on for what seemed like a looong hour-and-a-half more. The humor died off, and a lot of the attempts were in bad taste. All the cosmic fuss also boiled down to a basic family melodrama... with pretty standard advise on how to fix things leading to a pretty standard resolution.

If 30 minutes (at least) of excess everything (ha) was left on the cutting room floor... this movie could have been much better. As is, I can't recommend it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched the entire thing start to finish and it was not too long as I stated before. It's just a great ride with an undercurrent theme exploring mother-daughter & husband-wife relationship dynamics. You just have to go with it and try not to worry about exactly what is happening during all of the quick cuts to scenes playing out in alternate universes. It's a blast and it's going to clean up at the Oscars.

It looks like best supporting actress is going to go to Jamie Lee Curtis, who did a fine job in what was probably a very fun role for her to play. But Stephanie Hsu, who plays the daughter and has also been nominated in that category, gave the best performance in the movie.
I got the movie so much more when I saw it the second time but I 100% agree with what you and Duffman said. It was a really well done, weird movie that made you think and kept you engaged throughout. Love movies that are a little unconventional yet thought provoking.

And yes, I teared up. Hadn't had that happen since maybe Jojo Rabbit.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the movie so much more when I saw it the second time but I 100% agree with what you and Duffman said. It was a really well done, weird movie that made you think and kept you engaged throughout. Love movies that are a little unconventional yet thought provoking.

And yes, I teared up. Hadn't had that happen since maybe Jojo Rabbit.

Definitely. It's the sort of movie that bears repeated viewing because there is so much going on.. and there is some deep relationship stuff that's explored very subtly and effectively throughout. I forewarned my daughter about that part, because her and her mother's relationship has been in the dumpster for a very long time with no happy ending on the horizon.