• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Everyone transferring from IU...

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First it was Mo Creek before the season (led George Mason to a 9 seed in the NCAA tourny), then it was our backup center Luke Ficher over Christmas break, now Hollowell, Etherington & Marlin are leaving along with Vonleh declaring for the draft.

Looks like we're in for a tough few years and a new head coach. Hollowell is the only one of the latest transfers we'll miss, but this shit is definitely disturbing.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First it was Mo Creek before the season (led George Mason to a 9 seed in the NCAA tourny), then it was our backup center Luke Ficher over Christmas break, now Hollowell, Etherington & Marlin are leaving along with Vonleh declaring for the draft.

Looks like we're in for a tough few years and a new head coach. Hollowell is the only one of the latest transfers we'll miss, but this shit is definitely disturbing.

I saw that, it's amazing about how many are transferring, aren't you recruiting for a few transfers as well?

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that, it's amazing about how many are transferring, aren't you recruiting for a few transfers as well?

It is stupid how there is a mass exodus, especially considering Johnny Marlin just transferred into IU. Being a 5'9 white kid he had to know he was hardly ever going to see the floor, and saw it way too much as it was this year, so I take it as a sign the players are losing faith in Crean.

We're going after Temple center Anthony Lee hard, not sure about any others.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go after Enron Harris, sadly he's transferring from WVU. :gaah:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is stupid how there is a mass exodus, especially considering Johnny Marlin just transferred into IU. Being a 5'9 white kid he had to know he was hardly ever going to see the floor, and saw it way too much as it was this year, so I take it as a sign the players are losing faith in Crean.

We're going after Temple center Anthony Lee hard, not sure about any others.

I thought I read there were a few others, you would know though.

When players give up on the coach and his system, something isn't right. Crean has at least another year until the buyout is at 1 million for him to be fired, but it's not like he's a horrible coach but he's not the kind of coach Indiana deserves. It will remain to be seen. I think if Indiana doesn't get to a SS next year, He's gone.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go after Enron Harris, sadly he's transferring from WVU. :gaah:

:nod: I'd assume we are. I heard he wants to be closer to home (Indy) and averaged 17ppg so he should be a shoe-in.

I thought I read there were a few others, you would know though.

When players give up on the coach and his system, something isn't right. Crean has at least another year until the buyout is at 1 million for him to be fired, but it's not like he's a horrible coach but he's not the kind of coach Indiana deserves. It will remain to be seen. I think if Indiana doesn't get to a SS next year, He's gone.

Yupp

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the same thing last year when we had everybody transferring after a shitty season and thought Barnes was the problem and needed to be fired, when all it was were a bunch of "me first" players who didn't want to buy into Barnes's system (they weren't that good anyway). Barnes turned it around, as Texas was picked to finish 8th in the Big 12 this year and he was Coach of the Year. Getting rid of the riff raff could be a positive. IU sucked this year anyway, so it could be a good thing.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crean's reputation is built entirely on smoke and mirrors (and a single run with a HoF NBA star). Indiana indeed deserves better than the likes of him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of WVU...

Pepper left for Temple, and ended up having a decent year.

Now Harris is leaving WVU, and they are the only two who have transfered out, I believe there have been a few more?

Cincinnati could certainly use Harris with no real scorers returning next year. Good young talent, but going to be light on scoring...probably going to be better than IU, too...still close to Indy for his home...LOL

Wishful thinking, I'm sure...

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crean pulled IU back up off the floor. I'm not sure what players bailing really mean. But it would be hard for me to get rid of the coach because players are leaving now.

Players were happy as all get out two years ago when IU was winning. I think IU's losing right now has much to do with how good the B1G is at the moment. If the players can't handle Crean's heat, or the heat the conference brings...maybe they need to go.