• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Even opponets are ripping on Lions staff

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions DC Gunther Cunningham: Carson Palmer's DB diss 'not very bright' | MLive.com

So Gunny admits that is how he coaches players to not turn their heads around. :lol:

I know we had a thread about turning your head around but come on. How often does this work in the NFL? It is a penalty EVERY TIME you don't turn your head around. So it's better to get a penalty in the end zone 100% of the time over turning your head around and MAYBE deflecting it away?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think you know how man to man works better than a guy that's been a DC in the NFL for over 20 years with some of those years being the bad ass defenses of the Chiefs in the early 90s?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the early 90's, I was just happy to finger a chick in the back of my car behind Wendy's.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the early 90's, I was just happy to finger a chick in the back of my car behind Wendy's.

Ahh, yes, Taking me back down memory lane.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cunningham opposed that claim, although conceded that Bentley had to turn his
head eventually on the play.

"It's not what you look at, it's where you end up position-wise," Cunningham
said. "And Bill was in tough position, and the free safety didn't help him
either."
He did say he has to turn his head "at some point". He was just referring to how you play a receiver in man coverage.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the early 90's I was just happy when I didn't shit my pants and the highlight of my week was Ducktales. This is the shit that pissses me off though. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I do have a problem when that disagreement stems from either complete ignorance of how the game of football works or pure stupidity.

It's this thread mixed with the last that I comment on. "Oh who taught you to play football since my shitty high school coach taught me different."

"Tee-hee Gunther's stupid cause he teaches man to man the way that every half way capable coach does. Stupid Lions"

Bunch of ignorant assholes.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gunkick.0_standard_352.0.gif

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's how I feel almost every Sunday watching the Lions. Only its my remote instead of the playbook, and it's me throwing it instead of kicking, and its at the wall instead of the ground, and there's more yelling involved instead of walking away. :gaah:

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm a slappy, but despite my optimism I have a fear growing in my gut that the Redskins get their season turned around tomorrow by stomping us tomorrow. I'm like a dog that's been beaten. Even when someone tries to pet me I shudder in fear.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we do have a consistent theme that has been ongoing for years.....

The Lions secondary. It has never been viewed as a team strength, for at least the last 20 years.

I hate the wide 9! I hate that the Lions can't seem to make the big play late in the game on defense. And yes as good as Gunnther was in KC lets not forget he had some really great players. If the Lions decided to go with another DC tomorrow I would not loose any sleep!

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gunny, but as long as your reasoning for wanting a new guy isn't that our defensive backs don't look back at the ball while their beat I have no problem with your wish for another DC.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand not turning your head when you are beat in man coverage, but you have to read the WR and not run into him otherwise it is a waste of time to try to cover him. I don't agree with it, but I understand the concept. The latter half of my statement must be upheld in order for the former to have any credence whatsoever. A PI penalty is an automatic completion and that means if you cant do it without interfering with the WR then it is a waste of time.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that Bentley isn't at fault on the play. He made contact with the receiver. I'm saying that he shouldn't have turned his head. He should have played the receiver better and not ran into him at the end of the play.