• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Evander Kane

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if any of you have been paying attention of late, Evander Kane had a massive falling out with the Jets, elected to have season ending surgery (don't think it's anything too, too serious) and is all but done in Winnipeg. They'll likely be shopping him this offseason and his price tag has dropped considerably from what it once was.

He's 22, all the talent in the world but he's an arrogant asshole and pretty much his entire team hates him. Assuming the price isn't astronomical, would you take him on the Devils?

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough one. Part of me believes Lou and company could keep his attitude issues in check. The other part of me doesn't want a locker room cancer like he apparently has become.

Really a toss up. Never can say for sure how that stuff would work out in the end.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would certainly be a high risk high reward move. Really depends on what else we do or don't this offseason.

Love the kids talent though

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows I've been pumping for a Kane deal..... This could work very well for us....

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know. I don't think Lou tries to bring in a possible head case

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured it would only be worth risking bringing Kane in if a team was in a freefall like Toronto(if it lasts) or Buffalo? Especially lately, Devils are far from that.

Pine Baron

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. I cant see any way possible to keep the cost from being astronomical.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. I cant see any way possible to keep the cost from being astronomical.

Cost in terms of what. He wont bring anywhere near what he would have a year ago.

If you're talking the cost of potential lo9cker room discord...that's the wild card

Pine Baron

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cost in terms of what. He wont bring anywhere near what he would have a year ago.

If you're talking the cost of potential lo9cker room discord...that's the wild card

He's gonna garner a 1st rounder and a top prospect. Minimum. For a guy who just had shoulder surgery and is a locker room cancer, that's astronomical considering 6 months from now who ever gets him could be in the same boat as the jets and all of sudden the return wont be as great. I wouldn't go anywhere near this unless he somehow got cut.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's gonna garner a 1st rounder and a top prospect. Minimum. For a guy who just had shoulder surgery and is a locker room cancer, that's astronomical considering 6 months from now who ever gets him could be in the same boat as the jets and all of sudden the return wont be as great. I wouldn't go anywhere near this unless he somehow got cut.

To get him we would need to trade Henrique and our 1st from this year. Not willing to do that.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i can't believe he is only 22. it felt like he has been around waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer. i thought he was like 28-29.

goes to show you what a horrible winnipeg is to play in. i remember when they relocated from atlanta to peg and they were doing the first draft and the jets fans showed up cheering and all that. they showed a tweet from kane "being excited" that they were going to a hockey crazy town and fan support something along those lines.

now? after spending a few looooooooooooooooong dark cooooooooooooold winters? hes looking to bolt. only way that team will ever be successful (same for calgary and oilers) is through the draft. no legit UFA will want to ever go there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To get him we would need to trade Henrique and our 1st from this year. Not willing to do that.

i dont think so. the jets have zero trade leverage now.

much like with kovy in atlanta when he turned down that extension. everyone knew he was bolting so the trashers knew they would have to take what they could get at that point.

they definitely would've gotten more for kovalchuk (insert kane) if they moved him in the off season or start of the season

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i dont think so. the jets have zero trade leverage now.

much like with kovy in atlanta when he turned down that extension. everyone knew he was bolting so the trashers knew they would have to take what they could get at that point.

they definitely would've gotten more for kovalchuk (insert kane) if they moved him in the off season or start of the season

So The Trade according to Dreger is:

Bogosian, Kane
for
Tyler Myers
Drew Stafford
Joel Armia (1st Rnd Pick, 16th)
Brendan Lemieux (2nd Rnd, 31st Overall)

--- like I said, back up the bank truck to get Kane---

Also, it's not quite like Kovy. As you mentioned this kid is only 22, not 27 AND has 4 more years left at 5.25M, which is a steal.

Last edited by a moderator:

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OMG, AND BUFFALO traded a 1st round pick. NOT their own 1st.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
hahahahahaha for kane

he goes from one snow city to another. yeah i give that about 2 years time.

its a great trade for the jets. its the only way they will get players to go to winnipeg and get rid of kane who didn't want to be there.

buffalo though will probably be smart and turn around and flip him next year for more picks. much like they did with vanek and then moulson.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a bad trade for either side really. Buffalo can probably afford to trade prospects as I imagine their prospect pool is pretty deep. Bogosian is no slouch, he's a very good player. Kane, for all the baggage, is still a ridiculous player. Buffalo probably winds up with McDavid as well and they have Sam Reinhart from last year's draft. Buffalo could be very good sooner than later.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a bad trade for either side really. Buffalo can probably afford to trade prospects as I imagine their prospect pool is pretty deep. Bogosian is no slouch, he's a very good player. Kane, for all the baggage, is still a ridiculous player. Buffalo probably winds up with McDavid as well and they have Sam Reinhart from last year's draft. Buffalo could be very good sooner than later.

The Sabres prospect pool isn't as good as you might think. Regier & the scouts missed on a number of 1st round picks. I can't believe Buffalo gave up a 1st round pick in this deal. Just getting rid of Kane is a win for Winnipeg.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Claude's kid said he wouldn't sign in Buffalo so they threw him into this deal.