• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's next Hall of Famer on each team.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who should be the next player from each team to make the Hall of Fame? - NFL Nation - ESPN

AFC

EAST

Buffalo Bills - Mario Williams
Miami Dolphins - Jason Taylor
New England Patriots - Gino Cappelletti
New York Jets - Joe Klecko

NORTH

Baltimore Ravens - Ray Lewis
Cincinnati Bengals - Ken Anderson
Cleveland Browns - Gary Collins
Pittsburgh Steelers - Kevin Greene

SOUTH

Houston Texans - Andre Johnson
Indianapolis Colts - Marvin Harrison
Jacksonville Jaguars - Tony Boselli
Tennessee Titans - Bud Adams

WEST

Denver Broncos - Terrell Davis
Kansas City Chiefs - Tony Gonzalez
Oakland Raiders - Ken Stabler
San Diego Chargers - LaDainian Tomlinson

NFC

EAST

Dallas Cowboys - Darren Woodson
New York Giants - George Young
Philadelphia Eagles - Brian Dawkins
Washington Redskins - Joe Jacoby

NORTH

Chicago Bears - Brian Urlacher
Detroit Lions - Calvin Johnson
Green Bay Packers - Brett Favre
Minnesota Vikings - Randy Moss

SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons - Devin Hester
Carolina Panthers - Kevin Greene
New Orleans Saints - Morten Anderson
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ronde Barber

WEST

Arizona Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald
San Francisco 49ers - Roger Craig
Seattle Seahawks - Kenny Easley
St. Louis Rams - Orlando Pace

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for Pittsburgh:

Donnie Shell or LC Greenwood

Kevin Greene deserves to be in the HOF, but I think Donnie or LC should go before him. Just my opinion.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stabler has more interceptions than touchdowns. He had a few good seasons with a loaded team. No way he should get in.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things for me,

Mario Williams i dunno if hes a HOF'er......and 6 years with the texans, 3 with bills, but hes the next bill in?

Andre johnson was good, hes not a HOF'er

Terrell Davis was great for 4 years, junk for 3 thats not HOF material

Devin Hester??? come on.......and hes gonna go as a falcon, thats sad

the rest are legit for me

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things for me,

Mario Williams i dunno if hes a HOF'er......and 6 years with the texans, 3 with bills, but hes the next bill in?

Andre johnson was good, hes not a HOF'er

Devin Hester??? come on.......and hes gonna go as a falcon, thats sad

the rest are legit for me
Andre Johnson? He's right there scrimmage wise with guys who are in like Andre Reed and Steve Largent. Likely to pass Cris Carter this year. Certainly passes the eyeball test for me when it comes to the HOF. Could potentially pass up Marvin Harrison before he's done.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andre Johnson? He's right there scrimmage wise with guys who are in like Andre Reed and Steve Largent. Likely to pass Cris Carter this year. Certainly passes the eyeball test for me when it comes to the HOF. Could potentially pass up Marvin Harrison before he's done.
i dont agree all of those fellas should be in as well, he certainly has longevity and longevity of upper echelon talent......but i just never thought, " wow that guys a beast and clearly one of the best in the game"

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u know what, actually i can get behind andre, i retract

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is, the Texans are still fairly young and Andre Johnson is the closest to the HOF. If Watt stays consistent for a few more years, I would put him as the next. I can't think of any other Texans player that can compare to Andre.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is, the Texans are still fairly young and Andre Johnson is the closest to the HOF. If Watt stays consistent for a few more years, I would put him as the next. I can't think of any other Texans player that can compare to Andre.
I could see it taking a long time for Andre to actually get into the HOF. Especially after Tim Brown.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin Greene deserves to be in the HOF, but I think Donnie or LC should go before him. Just my opinion.

I've always thought a few Steelers, I'm lookin at you Lynn Swan and John Stallworth, shouldn't be in the Hall. I would put both LC and Shell in before them and I think I'd put Andy Russell in before LC and Shell.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andre Johnson is not even close to making the HoF. Too many better WR(s) ahead of him in a very long line. Touchdowns or lack there of, is what will keep him out. He is sitting tied for 58th on the all-time list, with 64. He would likely need 20 TDs over the next few years to even get in the conversation about entering the HoF. Considering he is 34 & only averaged 4 TDs each season over the last 3 seasons, I don't see this happening.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TD was on his way to being arguably the best RB in NFL history or at the very least definitely in the conversation. He gained over 1000+, 1500+, 1700+, 2000+ yards consecutively and was a touchdown machine scoring 60 TDs in 4 years with 53 TDs coming in years 2 to 4. He was a 3 time 1st team all pro selection and won multiple awards including OPOTY twice and NFL POTY once through multiple outlets.

And he was even better in the playoffs. In 8 postseason games he went for....204 carries, 1140 yards, 5.6 ypc and 12 TDs and added 19 rec 134 yards to his overall total. It was TD, not Elway, not Shanahan, that was the driving force to the Broncos 2 SB titles and a SB MVP to his credit

That's a whole lotta great in 4 years. Then he got seriously injured, it wasn't like he just fell off.

If Gale Sayers can make the Hall, and I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, but the Bears of that era didn't bust a grape in the playoffs in Sayers era. It was all regualr season accolades for sayers. Not only did TD become more and more dominant with each regular season. He was an absolute stud in the postseason and has the rings and hardware from both reg season and postseason to prove it.

He's very HoF-worthy imo.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry you gotta hev longevity too, tons of great players got injured early

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both more deserving than Bettis...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would LOVE to see Kevin Greene in the HOF...He was one of my favorite Rams of the mid 80's to early 90's teams. The guy was a wild-man and always seemed to be having the time of his life out there on the field.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry you gotta hev longevity too, tons of great players got injured early

The problem with this argument though is there are plenty of players in the HOF who don't have longevity. It seems like it applies to some but not to all that greatness above anything else is what matters. TD for about a 2-3 year stretch was not only the best RB in the NFL but some would argue was the best offensive player in the NFL.

I mean if you could answer honestly who would you take right now in the prime of their career...Bettis or Davis? I'm betting almost everybody would take Davis in that scenario. Now don't get me wrong I love Bettis and him being good for many years I do think he deserves to be in but to me Bettis was never really that without a doubt best player at his position at any time in his career. For Davis for sure the 2 Super Bowl years there was no doubt he was by far the best RB in the NFL. And as another pointed out he just got better in the playoffs where he still holds the record for average yards per playoff game. I mean TD was in 8 playoff games and had 7 100-yard games. That is tied for the record with Emmitt Smith who did it is 17 games.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this argument though is there are plenty of players in the HOF who don't have longevity. It seems like it applies to some but not to all that greatness above anything else is what matters. TD for about a 2-3 year stretch was not only the best RB in the NFL but some would argue was the best offensive player in the NFL.

I mean if you could answer honestly who would you take right now in the prime of their career...Bettis or Davis? I'm betting almost everybody would take Davis in that scenario. Now don't get me wrong I love Bettis and him being good for many years I do think he deserves to be in but to me Bettis was never really that without a doubt best player at his position at any time in his career. For Davis for sure the 2 Super Bowl years there was no doubt he was by far the best RB in the NFL. And as another pointed out he just got better in the playoffs where he still holds the record for average yards per playoff game. I mean TD was in 8 playoff games and had 7 100-yard games. That is tied for the record with Emmitt Smith who did it is 17 games.

truth

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is where I just wish the league would set more of a certain standard of what they are looking for because like I said with it changing it seems from player to player it just doesn't seem quite fair. Heck we are arguing on another of whether TO deserves to be in the HOF and with his stats he deserves to for sure be in and honestly probably should be a 1st Ballot HOF WR. His attitude and off the field issues most likely keep that from happening. For a guy like TD Bronco fans love to bring up Gale Sayers as the bench mark of a guy that came in the league and lit the league on fire with their play but unfortunately burned out quickly. I mean for TD he was Player of the Year twice, MVP once, has countless playoff records, but like you said there is something to longevity that does matter. I don't know how to make the system better but I guess what we have now leads to a lot of interesting conversations of who deserves to be in.