• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN talking heads mock drafts

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually like Kiper's mock better than McShay's version.

Mel Kiper

17th Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland)Record: 8-8* Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama
Johnathan Joseph left a void last year when he landed in Houston as a free agent, and Kirkpatrick will fill the void. This is a big, physical corner who doesn't give up much in coverage given his size (nearly 6-3), which makes him particularly good inside the red zone. He's also tough against the run. I have the Bengals as a team who could trade up for Richardson if he starts to fall on the board, but if they don't, Kirkpatrick offers immediate help.

21st Cincinnati BengalsRecord: 9-7Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia
I have guard as one of the top needs for the Bengals, and if they don't get DeCastro at this spot, Glenn isn't much of a drop. Cincinnati will have added help in the run game next year, but it also needs to get better up front. Glenn is a guy who has also spent time at tackle, and could be moved there in a pinch, but he dominates on the inside and is surprisingly quick given his huge frame. Another good piece in an offense primed to get better.

2012 NFL Draft: Mel Kiper's third mock draft of the year - ESPN

Todd McShay

17th Cincinnati Bengals (from OAK)Record: 9-7Dre Kirkpatrick*, CB, Alabama
Bengals CB Leon Hall is a solid starter if he comes back healthy after a season-ending knee injury, but Nate Clements is aging and Adam Jones is not getting it done, so Kirkpatrick makes sense. Short arms and a lack of elite ball skills will keep him out of the top 10, but Kirkpatrick is instinctive and physical in both coverage and run support.

21st Cincinnati BengalsRecord: 9-7Fletcher Cox*, DT, Mississippi State
After addressing their cornerback need at No. 17, the Bengals could take advantage of this second first-round pick to bring in an impact defensive lineman who could eventually push for the starting job 3-technique job. At the very least, Cox offers a versatile presence who can make big plays and wear multiple hats along the defensive front.

2012 NFL Mock Draft - Quarterbacks and linemen lead the way - ESPN

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Kirkpatrick falling in so many mocks? The guy used to be listed as a top 10 pick.

I haven't watched Fletcher Cox play too much, but wouldn't you have to worry about his size? Especially since our most talented DT is more of a 'quick' player as well.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is not a pressing need at this point.

If the Bengals don't get a guard in F/A, I would look for them to go CB/Guard in some way shape or form.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of his off field issues. He is a very naughty boy, so everyone automatically thinks the Bengals will take him. Not that I disagree with them, and he would be the guy I want, but that is the reason I suppose.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT is not a pressing need at this point.

If the Bengals don't get a guard in F/A, I would look for them to go CB/Guard in some way shape or form.

Or go Barron and then a CB in 2nd round, as the depth at CB is much much better than safety. Basically there is Barron, and then everyone else, and it is not even close.

Personally, I still go Barron and then hope DeCastro falls to 21, and if not, then Glynn is the guy.

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because of his off field issues. He is a very naughty boy, so everyone automatically thinks the Bengals will take him. Not that I disagree with them, and he would be the guy I want, but that is the reason I suppose.

He has short arms, is stiff in coverage and has off the field issues. There is some talk he may move to FS like Malcolm Jenkins. A move my not be all that bad considering how deep the draft is at CB.

1. Dre Kirkpatrick CB/FS
1a. Cordy Glenn OG
2. Doug Martin RB
3. Coryell Judie/Jamell Fleming/Josh Robinson/Ryan Steed CB's
4. Juron Criner/Jeff Fuller/B.j. Cunningham WR's
5a. Jake Bequette DE/OLB
5b. Philip Blake OC
6. Nicolas Jean-baptiste DT
7. Brian Reader QB

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a QB taken around the 3rd round. What's the kid's name from Houston? He'll do.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a QB taken around the 3rd round. What's the kid's name from Houston? He'll do.

So, you want to take a spread/run-shoot offensive QB to come in and play the WC offense?

Didn't the Bengals already do this once? Oh yeah...they did when they drafted Klinger....

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you want to take a spread/run-shoot offensive QB to come in and play the WC offense?

Didn't the Bengals already do this once? Oh yeah...they did when they drafted Klinger....

I'd like the Bengals to draft a mobile QB with a cannon. Ya know....what's required in today's NFL. Dalton ain't it. Dalton is a scrub.