• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

espn guys give a hollar and new names

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm back to tedman . guess everyone knows who i am . hope yall keep yall espn names :hope:

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sctrojan now NJ

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome NJ.. look around. Hope you like it.

And it goes without saying... I really can't believe ESPN has elected to take this route. Atleast you got a little notice. When CBS axed their messageboards a few months ago, their members basically got no notice.

cam1001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same name as espn

PHISH_HEAD

PHISH_HEAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to what I've seen. a reliable business mag stated that ESPN employees were being layed off, about 400 in number; including 4 in one tech dept. This might explain why their sports boards are being "converted" to Facebook; because these could very well include these board moderators, and other IT people needed to run these boards. this was done; according to to ESPN "TO pay for our new rights to the U S OPEN FINALS; and other expensive new broadcast rights."
But I'm also hearing that Disney Corp; that owns ESPN; forced ESPN to make these layoffs "To emprove our "profitatibility?" ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Disney Corp; Et Al's net worth hast to be in the hundreds of billions of dollars; and it wouldn't suprise me, on bit, if it was Disney; not ESPN; who decided to bid for, and take on the heavy financial burden, for these new expensive sports entities; THAT LEAD TO ALL THIS!!

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.pools_shortman now back to just pools

dandydOnS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i barely posted on espn but went through the site a lot over the years. i will come here from now on. anyone know if bs or any of the guys who did minor leagues report are switching over?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i barely posted on espn but went through the site a lot over the years. i will come here from now on. anyone know if bs or any of the guys who did minor leagues report are switching over?
they are here :rollseyes:

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys didn't seriously think I would ignore this party, did you? You all know who I am already. The real WHG, not anyone pretending to be or somebody you all think is me.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys didn't seriously think I would ignore this party, did you? You all know who I am already. The real WHG, not anyone pretending to be or somebody you all think is me.

Well one thing is for sure..this will be your one and only name whether you plan on it or not. You cant pretend to be or pretend not to be anyone else here...because if you make another name you wont be here for long.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well one thing is for sure..this will be your one and only name whether you plan on it or not. You cant pretend to be or pretend not to be anyone else here...because if you make another name you wont be here for long.

You can take your idle threats and stick them in your ear. What kind of greeting is this to the hero of the great DEADORIOLES era? I am the one that rid you all of that cancer back in the day. How soon you all forget.

I never pretended to be anyone else before so there won't be any issue. The only time I changed my name over on the ESPN boards is the previous time they switched over the forums and I went trom Trueno_Apex GT to theWHG. My first post on the new board (at that time) was to let everyone know I changed my name.

I never had to make such a post after then because I wasn't around, though apparently you all thought I was.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take your idle threats and stick them in your ear.

It's not a...."idle threat"...its actually a rule. You're the one who brought up that you have been accused of multiple names and personalities before...not me. I was just letting you know it wouldn't work here even if you or anyone for that matter wanted to try. I have seen the rule abused and I have seen the abuser banned. It is swift...and glorious.

I have no power to threaten you here...nor was it my intention....just helping the new guy be aware of the rules...wouldnt want to see you get banned or anything.:rollseyes:

So welcome to the board WHG, TheWHG, Webgem, TruenoX, or whoever you are. It wouldnt be the orioles message board without you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep effective today.

Wow, well I was tazcivic over there but I spent most of my time on the college boards and haven't posted there since 2011 when I joined the Hoop.