• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN FANTASY FOOTBALL

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's early but I can activate the league from last year if anybody is interested.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in. Let's get it going.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in. Let's get it going.
I'll active it tonight then, remember you are league manager also so if their are changes to be made let's do it and get the league right

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember who the Champ is........:D

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody has any suggestions on points or roostersor anything else feel free to contact richig or Myself.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that were doing this every year now we should consider doing one of those multi year leagues. I'm not sure what it is called but you get your team for 3 years and some of your draft is spent on future stars. That way if you really like a rookie you can draft him and wait to use him. Anyone know what league I'm referring too?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being that were doing this every year now we should consider doing one of those multi year leagues. I'm not sure what it is called but you get your team for 3 years and some of your draft is spent on future stars. That way if you really like a rookie you can draft him and wait to use him. Anyone know what league I'm referring too?
Dynasty?

C

cubzzzfanincali

that's an interesting idea. I would be down to try something like that.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you can find out all the details. I would be interested.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dynasty Leagues

Another keeper format is referred to as a "dynasty" league, in which owners select large rosters of players and can keep many of them from year to year (thus, building a dynasty). I am in one dynasty football league in which all players can be kept until they are 30 years old; teams can elect to keep one extra player over 30 on top of that. Personally, I think the age limit in this league should be lowered (as most running backs and many receivers are no longer starting or even in the league after 30), but you get the gist. The fun of these leagues is being able to take risks on players who have not fully reached their potential, and then to follow their careers without having to worry about having to re-draft or use one of your limited keeper slots on those players each year. In one Rotowire football league, which we drafted at the yearly staff retreat in Vegas, we were each allowed to select one college player that we could keep on our roster once they made it to the NFL. While others jumped the gun and spent earlier-round picks on popular names like Leinart and Bush, I waited and took an undersized, underdog running back from UCLA then known as Maurice Drew. Too bad the league fizzled.

One common question regardless of keeper format is how many players should be kept from year to year. I have seen leagues range from those that let you keep one player per year to those that let you keep up to three quarters of your roster. As a matter of personal taste, I like leagues that let you keep more players than fewer, just to create a greater incentive to trade for prospects and gamble on upside during the season. But leagues that allow too many keepers can de-emphasize the draft and make it harder for the bottom half of the league (or, in many cases, new owners who take over for bottom half drop-outs) to contend from year to year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An easier and possibly more simple suggestion.

The big money league I have been in with my long time friends for over a decade now, is what we call a "progressive keeper" league.

You keep one player every year as you move along, and you keep him in the slot you drafted him in. This rewards managers for drafting well in later rounds, and also keeps things interesting all the way through the final round… especially with the young players and rookies on the board.

So, for instance, if you get a steal with a 9th round pick and he winds up being a first round projected pick the next year. You still get to keep him in the 9th round, he is your pick in that round.

Then, the next year, you can keep up to two players in total. One from each season. Then the following year, three players… so on and so forth… etc…

Traded players are also keeper eligible, in the round they were selected by the owner you acquire him from, as long as he is not dropped at any point during the season. So, it adds a very interesting element to trading. Especially if you are out of the playoff hunt. You might want to trade a player with more immediate value to a guy trying to win the title this year, in exchange for a guy who will have very good keeper value in the round he was taken next season.

The only rule we play is, you can't keep players in the first round. 2nd round picks and later are eligible. It's a long story as to why, but it was creating some issues.

I really like this format, because it never creates too big of an advantage, because you only keep one guy from each season. Simply having one really good draft, or one really good team does not translate to future success necessarily. You will get to keep one player from that year, but you'll have to work hard to continue building your team just like everyone else. While also, the guy who had a terrible team and finished last is not permanently punished for doing so. He gets another shot, and only a small setback the next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone invited me to play in a keeper league once. I was too busy at that time. I don't remember all the rules but basically you could protect/keep year to year 2 vets and 2 rookies. There was extra draft picks/players that you could stash on the bench for your teams in the following years. Guys that you felt would explode in the next year or two. Anyway if you guys are interested in trying something new I am game. What Rich said sounded good too. Sense we have all posted together for ten plus years, this would be the perfect place to do a multi year thing. I am open to all ideals and formats. We got some time to research this ideal and come up with something really cool. NCC better play this year, no excuses bro, and BLH too. I want some of that high IQ ass this year. Scared? it's cool that's perfectly normal.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it is available to do with ESPN

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it is available to do with ESPN

Yes. Even in ESPN standard leagues, they are customizable. Talk to your league manager.
Go to > League Settings > Transactions and Keepers > Keeper Rules (scroll to the bottom).
Maybe this will help:

11351454_936167239781223_6888056683237311687_n.jpg

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Even in ESPN standard leagues, they are customizable. Talk to your league manager.
Go to > League Settings > Transactions and Keepers > Keeper Rules (scroll to the bottom).
Maybe this will help:

11351454_936167239781223_6888056683237311687_n.jpg
We now need to come up with the number of keepers to have. The drop down menu has 1 thru 16.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine by me.............What ever you guys decide.

Keeping any from last season?