• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Enjoy the best set of 49ers linebackers of all time

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I was sitting there last night just enjoying the 49ers set of linebackers. Just awesome in every way. They dominated from the first play until the last play. There is no question in my mind that this group of 49ers linebackers is the best hands down . They all move fast to the ball , put great pressure on the opposing QB, and they have that intimidation factor that forces turnovers.

I love defense and these guys can play it to perfection. I get fired up each week when these linebackers take the field. It seems like they are always improving in every way each week and by playoff time they could be destroying offenses and taking over games.

I just want to see the 49ers make the playoffs and watch this group take no prisoners.

Go 49ers !!

:clap:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imo they mask a below average defensive line.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really haven't been able to pay as close attention to the team as I'd like this season but the D line seemed to play pretty well against the Washington RGIII's. They had great pressure and were quick to close on a lot of those bubble screen type plays. Is it that you think they didn't play well Monday or was that an anomaly to you?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

in 2011 it was the other way around, in 2012 it was debatable, in 2013 yeah I guess its masking the D-line? but don't think our D-line is as bad as "below average".

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Below average? Maybe in terms of depth, but I think the DL (when McDonald is healthy) is at least above average.

Justin Smith is still one heck of a defensive player, but he has regressed a lot since 2011. He only gets double teamed once every series. In 2011 he got double teamed almost every single down. He is still stout against the run, but he's not dominating in that role / part of the game as he once did.

Ray Mac has been non existent this year. Glenn Dorsey is just a body. He's doing what is asked of him which is to play his gap responsibilities so others (Justin, Aldon, Ahmad, Tony Jerod-Eddie, and our 2ILBs) can do their jobs. TJE is not going to make any offensive coordinators lose any sleep at nights.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think our front 7 is better than most in the league. Overall, our D is deep, experienced, and battle tested. We get our offense rolling and we'll be a TOUGH out anywhere we play.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a pretty good group.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Smith is still one heck of a defensive player, but he has regressed a lot since 2011. He only gets double teamed once every series. In 2011 he got double teamed almost every single down. He is still stout against the run, but he's not dominating in that role / part of the game as he once did.

Ray Mac has been non existent this year. Glenn Dorsey is just a body. He's doing what is asked of him which is to play his gap responsibilities so others (Justin, Aldon, Ahmad, Tony Jerod-Eddie, and our 2ILBs) can do their jobs. TJE is not going to make any offensive coordinators lose any sleep at nights.

I thought he was a beast on Monday. That play where he chased down RGIII and stripped/knocked the ball? That was nasty. He is still playing at a very high level

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thought Brooks was solid for some time, just that he didn't rack up sack numbers like Aldon. the main reason he's solid is his ability to play all downs. he plays all three phases well.

but now that he's getting more sacks, he's also gaining more attention. he's still playing the run very well too, same as last two years.

So many people criticized his contract. He is earning it.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If anything I think our front 7 is masking an average set of cornerbacks and SS.
The only keeper I see in the secondary is Reid. The rest are expendable/replaceable.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think our front 7 is better than most in the league. Overall, our D is deep, experienced, and battle tested. We get our offense rolling and we'll be a TOUGH out anywhere we play.

agree. we'd be tough if the offense was just 'average', not even rolling.

we could win the SB if the this offense was rolling.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree. we'd be tough if the offense was just 'average', not even rolling.

we could win the SB if the this offense was rolling.

I think we could win it if it was just average