• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Edwards wants 5 year $25 million

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's high.

Braylon Edwards - WR - Jets

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, free agent Braylon Edwards may have to settle for a "one-year, prove-it deal" on the open market.
We've noted previously that no teams are considering locking up Edwards long term, and this is more evidence. One Monday report from a Phoenix radio station claimed Edwards "lowered" his demands to $25 million over five seasons -- the Steve Breaston range -- but Braylon won't even get that. No team is going to risk dumping guaranteed money into a player they consider a "diva" with off-field issues and questions about his passion for the game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I make fun of Crabtree for his fashion and "diva" type activities on and off the field, but if there's anyone who can surpass Crabbie it's good ole Braylon Edwards. Character issues, too many brushes with the law, etc. is just too much for anyone to want to sign this cat. Maybe the Cardinals are dumb enough to make this move but who knows?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets coach Rex Ryan is open to re-signing free agent Braylon Edwards at a bargain rate.
"If Braylon wants to come for what we want to pay, come on back," Ryan said. Safety Brodney Pool would also be welcomed back under the same scenario. Both players remain likely to find better offers elsewhere. The San Diego Union-Tribune hears teams still in need of a receiver are targeting Edwards before moving on to Malcom Floyd.
Related: Malcom Floyd, Brodney Pool
Source: New York Daily News
Aug 3, 1:23 PM

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe the Bengals will be interested in him

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind 5 million a year, but 5 years is pushing it. Considering his constant problems with the law especiallly.