• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF - Rangers vs. Lightning

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Lightning!!!!! This will only improve hockey in the State of Florida - I'm glad that a team like this has come to the forefront

Now we don't have to hear about the Rangers being perfect in Game 7's at home anymore!!!

umm... The Lightning HAVE won a Cup before. Hardly "coming to the forefront".

calgary-06-05-04-calgary-flames-martin-gelinas-comes-close-o.jpg

Sorry dash.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry dash.

It's just hard for me to look at it that way because this team is so different than the last one that went to the Finals and they've went through some legitimate hardships in Tampa - they've been inconsistent for years and finally they've built a team that will not only be in the Final this year but will be contending year after year - once they won that cup 11 years ago, that team was so much different(the lockout being part of it)

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just hard for me to look at it that way because this team is so different than the last one that went to the Finals and they've went through some legitimate hardships in Tampa - they've been inconsistent for years and finally they've built a team that will not only be in the Final this year but will be contending year after year - once they won that cup 11 years ago, that team was so much different(the lockout being part of it)

But at the time there was no indication that the Lightning would go downhill a few years later. Yet they never really built any momentum.

Same can be said of the '94 Panthers. Their run generated no long-term momentum in terms of fan development.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at the time there was no indication that the Lightning would go downhill a few years later. Yet they never really built any momentum.

Same can be said of the '94 Panthers. Their run generated no long-term momentum in terms of fan development.

At the same time, it was the very beginning of those franchises(for the Panthers at least) and it was going to take more success to get the fans into it long term anyway

Now, Hockey is more mainstream and there are different platforms for people to get involved in

I think Tampa is primed to be able to have long term success because of their team, imo - they are young, exciting and with no lockout coming in the next few years, they should definitely be able to build momentum from this for sure

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry dash.

Meh, that's ok, I'm cheering for Tampa Bay to win the Cup this year, all the guys that I hated from '04 are no longer with the Bolts and I really like this team Yzerman has put together. They could be a Cup contender for a while as they have a great core of players who are still young and are probably only going to get better.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If I had the Rangers payroll, I'd win the Stanley Cup every season"

Still waiting for the first one Glen Sather.

Yet now he spends like a drunken sailor every year.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, that's ok, I'm cheering for Tampa Bay to win the Cup this year, all the guys that I hated from '04 are no longer with the Bolts and I really like this team Yzerman has put together. They could be a Cup contender for a while as they have a great core of players who are still young.

I don't mind this team either. I love watching Tyler Johnson play. In fact, that whole line is just beautiful to watch. I think Johnson is the straw that stirs the drink though.

I'm just concerned that if Stammer wins a Cup he won't be inclined to fulfill his ultimate career goal of becoming a Maple Laff.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, that's ok, I'm cheering for Tampa Bay to win the Cup this year, all the guys that I hated from '04 are no longer with the Bolts and I really like this team Yzerman has put together. They could be a Cup contender for a while as they have a great core of players who are still young and are probably only going to get better.

Yup.

I have a huge man crush on Stamkos. The guy is such a amazing talent.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should pick multiple teams to support as well to have that feel of success...

I must have missed a deletion here Matty. What happened?

Edit: Caught it now. :L

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind this team either. I love watching Tyler Johnson play. In fact, that whole line is just beautiful to watch. I think Johnson is the straw that stirs the drink though.

I'm just concerned that if Stammer wins a Cup he won't be inclined to fulfill his ultimate career goal of becoming a Maple Laff.
No chance Stamkos leaves. I've always pegged Tavares as an ultimate long-term goal, just knowing what I know about him personally. And even him, if the Isles continue towards success I don't think he'd pack up and leave.

But, the crazy Leaf fans were right about Babcock so who knows.