• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF - Rangers vs. Lightning

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rick Nash the biggest "superstar" playoff choker ever

I usually try to defend him and say that he plays a far better defensive game come post season. But either he is hurt or he was scared last night. No engagement at all.

He's still welcome back.

Thanks to the Tampa Bay Lightning for eliminating the filth that is the new york ranger$. I don't know if you guys are aware but most of their fans have criminal records

And not only that, they are feces flinging monkeys who bang on the glass ALL FUCKING GAME.

Looked to me like the Rangers believed their press. "Relax boys, Hank *always* wins game 7 at home". They had what, 8 shots the first period? I can count on one hand the times the won races to loose pucks. Mind you, the Lightning played an incredible team system. I really had a hard time figuring out who was on the ice at certain points. Is that Hedman? No it's Coburn. Because they all did exactly the same thing.

And Jon Cooper is the calmest person on earth. I loved the shot of the TB bench when that first goal went in (and ouch for Hank by the way - as a goalie, that one hurt me) everyone was jumping up and down and going nuts. He just stood there and smiled. Major Herb Brooks flashback.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great shot

DOoSpW9.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
n1CReR6.jpg

Heh

Two game 7 blankers in one playoff year is nothing to sneeze at.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually try to defend him and say that he plays a far better defensive game come post season. But either he is hurt or he was scared last night. No engagement at all.

He's still welcome back.

And not only that, they are feces flinging monkeys who bang on the glass ALL FUCKING GAME.

Looked to me like the Rangers believed their press. "Relax boys, Hank *always* wins game 7 at home". They had what, 8 shots the first period? I can count on one hand the times the won races to loose pucks. Mind you, the Lightning played an incredible team system. I really had a hard time figuring out who was on the ice at certain points. Is that Hedman? No it's Coburn. Because they all did exactly the same thing.

And Jon Cooper is the calmest person on earth. I loved the shot of the TB bench when that first goal went in (and ouch for Hank by the way - as a goalie, that one hurt me) everyone was jumping up and down and going nuts. He just stood there and smiled. Major Herb Brooks flashback.

I doubt Rick Nash was hurt this time around - the concussion last time around, I get that, but this time, the injury excuse can't be made - especially if McDonagh was playing with a broken foot for a few games and had other ailments because he was playing really well even with whatever injuries he had - so if he could play well, Rick Nash should have - he just isn't good whatsoever in the playoffs

Jon Cooper is the best, btw

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Rick Nash was hurt this time around - the concussion last time around, I get that, but this time, the injury excuse can't be made - especially if McDonagh was playing with a broken foot for a few games and had other ailments because he was playing really well even with whatever injuries he had - so if he could play well, Rick Nash should have - he just isn't good whatsoever in the playoffs

Jon Cooper is the best, btw

I see what you are saying, I guess it all depends on what the (potential) injury is. Nash's issue was he didn't have the separation speed and couldn't seem to make cuts or direction changes like he has made a career on. Could have been a hammy, or some other major muscle issue in his legs. Normally, when someone gets next to him, he'd just go all unholy beast and bull through. He didn't do that after the first round.

Not to trivialize playing with a broken foot, but if a player has a good pain tolerance (or really good pain meds), the stiffness of the boot can support it enough to play. Ankle? No. But a bone in your foot? In a game 7? When you are captain? Yeah, you can go. Like when you break a finger, you just tape it to one that works and put both in one finger of the glove. But a wrist? A lot harder.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying, I guess it all depends on what the (potential) injury is. Nash's issue was he didn't have the separation speed and couldn't seem to make cuts or direction changes like he has made a career on. Could have been a hammy, or some other major muscle issue in his legs. Normally, when someone gets next to him, he'd just go all unholy beast and bull through. He didn't do that after the first round.

Not to trivialize playing with a broken foot, but if a player has a good pain tolerance (or really good pain meds), the stiffness of the boot can support it enough to play. Ankle? No. But a bone in your foot? In a game 7? When you are captain? Yeah, you can go. Like when you break a finger, you just tape it to one that works and put both in one finger of the glove. But a wrist? A lot harder.

What leads me to believe he was healthy(or at least healthier than before) was that he played really well in Game 4 and looked like the Rick Nash we normally see - that's why I think he was just a disappearing act - I know just about every player isn't 100% but he just was too out of it imo - and I know it's the playoffs and we applaud players for playing when not healthy and what not but if he struggled because of an injury, then maybe he should have sat out a few games - I know this is a hard thing to do in the playoffs but if the injury is really affecting a player, more times than not he probably is better suited not to play

I think McDonagh had a lot of other issues besides the broken bone - I thought he had a shoulder issue at some point too - he just seemed like he had issues all over the place - he's a tough one for sure and I don't think it necessarily affected his play - he still looked really good

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add that it's kinda sweet to see Marty St. Louis lose to the team he basically left high and dry last season.

I still say to this day that this trade was one of the most shortsided ones in a long time - it was stupid the day it happened and people thought that just because they made it to a final, it meant it was a good deal - giving up two draft picks was even dumber

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should add that it's kinda sweet to see Marty St. Louis lose to the team he basically left high and dry last season.

Yes, that was pretty nice. Only thing that would have been better is if he had the slow skate of shame in front of TB fans.

Callahan and Stralman getting to thumb their noses at the Rangers was pretty sweet as well.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say to this day that this trade was one of the most shortsided ones in a long time - it was stupid the day it happened and people thought that just because they made it to a final, it meant it was a good deal - giving up two draft picks was even dumber
Yep. Thanks, Sather, for giving an Atlantic division team that's in the Cup Final even more ammo for the future.

:L