• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ECF GM 5 Devils vs Rangers GDT:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got away with an offside on the 2nd goal so I'll let any officiating discrepencies slide (although the Callahan high stick on Zubs that drew blood really bugged me). Marty pulled a complete Jekyll and Hyde act, letting in 2 real soft goals and then holding down the fort and making some huge stops.

Aside from the stop he made leading to the Zajac goal I thought Salvador had a terrible game. He was misreading plays left and right and half assing a lot of his clearing attempts. Zids was pretty scary as well. I thought A-Train and Fayne had pretty solid games. And it is starting to infuriate me, but can we look up before making breakout passes or mindlessly tossing the puck up ice? The Rangers were able to keep the play going countless times because of our turnovers.

I'm hoping the Rangers spent most of what is left in their tank on that game. The place will be rocking on Friday and the Devils need to come out flying. Del Zotto is turning into a disaster. Game 4 he was a mess and last night he was a catalyst in the Carter goal and was going nuts at every whistle. I think Clarkson or somebody needs to bait him into doing something dumb.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOVE THAT LOOK OF DEFEAT IN THE RAG FANS LOL!!!!!!!

559646_10150899082829583_1167382930_n.jpg

556749_10150900058734583_78722009582_9483361_1040420956_n.jpg

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luv that first pic... should be ESPN front page worthy....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All able body devils fans should be there friday night.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really deciding if i could go... would probably ride solo but why the F not? only the traffic to NJ is a bitch though.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Have to be there man....if this was the caps Meh I wouldnt go out of my way. But rags? Payback? It's fate!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how great the crowds have been so far, it is going to be pandemonium, especially if we go up early.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2/2 on GDTs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my black magic in undeniable!

going up 3-0 certainly gave me hope and confidence, however, with the XXX amount of time left in the game itself, it was far from over as we all should know.

Once the Rags notched that 3rd goal, I'm like we're going to fucking lose, fuckin unbelievable.... then comes out the 4th Line and saves the day...

that 4th line, they need a name.... MVP line right now lol

Since this is the year of redemption I'm doin game 6 to make up for game 1 and send us to the finals since I'm probably the longest-tenured non-NY metro area native Devils fan on this board.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win... although man I was nervous... When we took a 3 goal lead I was worried due to the fact that we change our playstyle when we get up that high. We stop forechecking and stop shooting and it has bit us in the past many times and it almost did last night. When they tied the game I was thinking I cant believe we are going to lose this. Thank god they tied it up early in the third and allowed us to weather the storm and get back to our style of play. If that tieing goal came closer to the 10 minute mark, I dont think we recover... but great win... I think that was the Rags best game and we still won. Henry gave up 4 goals on 16 shots.... yeah we gotta end this Friday night. Put history to rest and bury the Rags.... What better way to get revenge on them than to end there #1 ranked season and send them golfing on our way to the cup. We need to play smart, controled devil hockey and end this Friday night. No way we want a game 7 and that should be the focus. Hopefully the refs will let them play and start calling some of the cheap shots.... (slaming head into post, etc). Its sad that that wasnt called but the embellishment was.....

Great win, lets do it once again and end this...

LETS GO DEVILS!!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!! 11/16!!!!!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great win... although man I was nervous... When we took a 3 goal lead I was worried due to the fact that we change our playstyle when we get up that high. We stop forechecking and stop shooting and it has bit us in the past many times and it almost did last night. When they tied the game I was thinking I cant believe we are going to lose this. Thank god they tied it up early in the third and allowed us to weather the storm and get back to our style of play. If that tieing goal came closer to the 10 minute mark, I dont think we recover... but great win... I think that was the Rags best game and we still won. Henry gave up 4 goals on 16 shots.... yeah we gotta end this Friday night. Put history to rest and bury the Rags.... What better way to get revenge on them than to end there #1 ranked season and send them golfing on our way to the cup. We need to play smart, controled devil hockey and end this Friday night. No way we want a game 7 and that should be the focus. Hopefully the refs will let them play and start calling some of the cheap shots.... (slaming head into post, etc). Its sad that that wasnt called but the embellishment was.....

Great win, lets do it once again and end this...

LETS GO DEVILS!!!! YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!!! 11/16!!!!!

I was so nervous even as we were scoring the 3 goals, it wasn't as if we were dominating the play even then. We just happened to score on all our opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.