• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: 2) Boston Celtics vs 8) Miami Heat

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami closes it out tonight.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I think the Celtics are more vulnerable at home and the stats over the last couple of playoffs beat that out. If the Heat can manufacture an early lead, that doesn’t just take the crowd out of it, that can turn the crowd into “here we go again” and now they’re booing the home team. I think teams like Philly NY and Boston where sports are probably way too important that there is more pressure on athletes playing in front of the home crowd.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabe is out. Miami is missing 3 of their 5 true ball handlers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with a starting lineup of the following:

Butler
Strus
Martin
Highsmith
Bam

Bench
Lowry
Love
Robinson

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabe is out tonight. Tonight’s game won’t be easy at all and this really sucks.

If we do win though, people might say we’re a better team with Dipo, Herro, and Vincent out than we are with them playing lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with a starting lineup of the following:

Butler
Strus
Martin
Highsmith
Bam

Bench
Lowry
Love
Robinson
Interesting. Why Highsmith over Lowry? Is the desire to maximize a ball handler in the Butler off minutes? I think you can still do that by staggering the minutes of Lowry. I would think the closing group should be:
Butler Lowry Strus Martin and Bam.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Why Highsmith over Lowry? Is the desire to maximize a ball handler in the Butler off minutes? I think you can still do that by staggering the minutes of Lowry. I would think the closing group should be:
Keep lowry in the bench role since him and jimmy will be the primary ball handlers. Highsmith is a great defender

I agree with the closing group. If they plan on playing jimmy all 48 then i guess you can start lowry

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep lowry in the bench role since him and jimmy will be the primary ball handlers. Highsmith is a great defender

I agree with the closing group. If they plan on playing jimmy all 48 then i guess you can start lowry
Risky to play him all 48. That seems desperate and if you don’t get the win, could have a toll on Game 6 if they don’t get the win tonight. I agree on Jimmy needing to be the primary ball handler. I just think in today’s game you need multiple guys who can handle on the floor at the same time. I think for me looking at the Heat, the answer isn’t really in the guard spot in the adjustment and it’s playing more through Bam at the top of the key as a facilitator an often underrated aspect of his game. I think he’s really good in that role.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My starting lineup would be Lowry, Struss, Butler, Love, Bam.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My starting lineup would be Lowry, Struss, Butler, Love, Bam.
For me, I don’t like Love out there vs the Celtics 4 guard/wing lineup. Celtics like to play 5 out too often. It’s too easy to get a switch of Tatum Brown Smart or White on Love and let them drive on him. I agree with @bksballer89 and what he said the other day. I think Love’s primary role in this matchup should be the back up to Bam at the 5.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I don’t like Love out there vs the Celtics 4 guard/wing lineup. Celtics like to play 5 out too often. It’s too easy to get a switch of Tatum Brown Smart or White on Love and let them drive on him. I agree with @bksballer89 and what he said the other day. I think Love’s primary role in this matchup should be the back up to Bam at the 5.
It’s either Love starts and we have him play a couple of minutes before putting in Caleb or Just have Caleb start right away. No way am I putting Highsmith in my starting lineup in favor of Lowry.

We would basically tire Butler out in the first quarter with no other ball handlers.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s either Love starts and we have him play a couple of minutes before putting in Caleb or Just have Caleb start right away. No way am I putting Highsmith in my starting lineup in favor of Lowry.

We would basically tire Butler out in the first quarter with no other ball handlers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya. At the same time, I think Heat just have to accept that with Herro out their best scorer and best playmaker is the same guy. The good news is that guy is Jimmy Fucking Buckets and he can take over a game.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum better than Butler
Brown better than Bam
Miami bench is trash
Gabe Vincent, Caleb, and Strus all wouldn't be rotation players on other teams

BOSTON DOWN 3-1

Fuck are you talking about
Dude calm your tits, it's not like he is saying your team is trash, but his analysis of player comparisons are correct. With the Exception of Butler, I believe he is the best player in these entire playoffs not named Jokic.