• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early line… Bama is 24 point favorite

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would bet WVU and take the points. Saban's defenses have trouble stopping no huddle, spread offenses. Not really sure what WVU has returning on offense or what their QB is like, but I think they can at least cover.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama will have a new QB, and who knows what Kiffen will do with the offense, fuck it up probably.
They will be primed for the upset.
Hell, we had a fucking terrible team and kicked their ass.

It's the first game of the season, so anything can happen.
Wouldn't it be great for Alabama to lose 3 in a row.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would bet WVU and take the points. Saban's defenses have trouble stopping no huddle, spread offenses. Not really sure what WVU has returning on offense or what their QB is like, but I think they can at least cover.

^isn't actually true.

The teams Alabama has lost to have been high ranked teams. Like all top5-10 teams. We shut out that no huddle team that stomped a mud hole in Texas last year.

That said, who knows how our offense is going to be at this point. But it's not really the defense I'm extremely worried about(other than CB). I don't think taking the points would be a horrible bet.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^isn't actually true.

The teams Alabama has lost to have been high ranked teams. Like all top5-10 teams. We shut out that no huddle team that stomped a mud hole in Texas last year.

That said, who knows how our offense is going to be at this point. But it's not really the defense I'm extremely worried about(other than CB). I don't think taking the points would be a horrible bet.

True, but we stomped a mud hole in the team that donkey punched and gave Bama a golden shower in the Sugar Bowl. Don't you love the transitive property?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give us the edge in the kicking/punting game, I give Bama the big edge in their DLine vs our OLine, I'd say a draw at WR both should be very good, We may have an "our FSU backup > your FSU backup" situation at the QB spot another draw at this point imo. RB's very close if not a slight edge to us with Buie coming back as far as depth both very very good. Our Dline vs their OLine goes to Bama imo, our CB's should be solid barring injury and from what Ive seen from most Bama fans theirs is a big question mark so I guess us with an edge there..

Bama has deeper talent than we do but most of the teams Boise beat in the past first game had the same advantage and...

Ill take the WVU and points in the first game, Bama has to replace a fantastic QB, its gonna take at least a few games to get that close to where they need to be imo.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game is won big by 'Bama on three fronts: coaching, conditioning and line play, our skill guys and kickers are as good as theirs, I would think WVU has a slim shot at the game and 50-50 on covering the spread. Strange things can happen in a first game, and if they are thinking they can walk in and win big, we have a shot. HOWEVER, 20+ point losses are the signature of Holgorsen's tenure.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but we stomped a mud hole in the team that donkey punched and gave Bama a golden shower in the Sugar Bowl. Don't you love the transitive property?

Not really, I was just making the point it's only quality teams that Alabama has lost too.

But I do love how a game that came down to the end was somehow some blowout win because it was against Alabama.

Tell me more about how Texas can have any coach they want. :lol:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game is won big by 'Bama on three fronts: coaching, conditioning and line play, our skill guys and kickers are as good as theirs, I would think WVU has a slim shot at the game and 50-50 on covering the spread. Strange things can happen in a first game, and if they are thinking they can walk in and win big, we have a shot. HOWEVER, 20+ point losses are the signature of Holgorsen's tenure.

Our kickers looked horrible in the A game. We even had a back up QB as a punter. Our punter last year was really good, but our kicker wasn't that great really. Both are gone now.

If the game comes down to a FG, I'm turning the TV off.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our kickers looked horrible in the A game. We even had a back up QB as a punter. Our punter last year was really good, but our kicker wasn't that great really. Both are gone now.

If the game comes down to a FG, I'm turning the TV off.

I hope it turns out like the last three big national stage games WVU was big underdogs in!!!! WVU seems to have a knack against SEC teams, one of the few with a winning record against them, and we are at our best when the world picks against us. If it comes down to a FG, I will be riveted to my TV!

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, I was just making the point it's only quality teams that Alabama has lost too.

But I do love how a game that came down to the end was somehow some blowout win because it was against Alabama.

Tell me more about how Texas can have any coach they want. :lol:

I'm trying to understand Bammer logic here. According to all Bama fans, Bama blew out Texas in the '09 BCS title game (apparently, a 16 pt win is a blowout in Bama nation), even though it was just a 3pt difference with 3 minutes left in the game. OU wins by 14 and it's not a blowout. Bama logic is about as tough to comprehend as Aggy logic sometimes. :L

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect WVU to be able to establish a running game early… if at all in the game. The only hope to have some kind of balance in the offense would be for the pass to set up the run… if that would be possible.

I will be interested in seeing how Bama prepares to attack WVU's passing game. Saban has not traditionally been a big blitz guy. Bama did not have a great pass rush last year, and now will start two new DE's.

My only glimmer of hope that this will not be an ugly… lopsided affair… is that Bama gives WVU's QB's tons of time to get their passes off… and, WVU can dink and dunk down the field to get into scoring position often.

However, I expect WVU to be way overmatched…

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to understand Bammer logic here. According to all Bama fans, Bama blew out Texas in the '09 BCS title game (apparently, a 16 pt win is a blowout in Bama nation), even though it was just a 3pt difference with 3 minutes left in the game. OU wins by 14 and it's not a blowout. Bama logic is about as tough to comprehend as Aggy logic sometimes. :L

Everyone knew that game was over at halftime.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be pulling for ya Mountaineers. Lets rep the conference good.

Go team BIG XII :cheer2: