• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Football Predictions

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's June, time to start dropping some predictions:

UNI Win 31-17
Ball St Win 41-10
Iowa St Win 35-3
@ Pittsburgh Win 24-13
@ Purdue Win 17-13
Indiana Win 38-27
@ Maryland Win 23-17
Northwestern Win 17-16
@ Minnesota Win 27-17
@ Illinois Win 41-27
Wisconsin Win 14-13
Nebraska Win 24-20

B1G Championship game
OSU Win 24-23

13-0!

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking through our regular season schedule yesterday. Likely NOT to happen and I'm not being an Iowa homer (most of you know I am critical when it's due), but if there was ever a year we could run the table and win every game it's this year. Soft non-conference schedule, no OSU or MI, Wisky and NE at home...it could happen! I think the Pitt game will be the litmus test for the season. Win that one and it proves we're legit. Losing that means we could lose to literally any team.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes your invite to the next Hawk bowl game in FL, sucker.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I know is that where Clem lives makes me a bit jealous, not sure where HRUF is, the only problem though is that it is east coast, so when good sports stuff is going on in the west, you have to stay up til 2 am to catch it

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what you probably know, schedule sets up well for run to B1G champ game. If I remember correctly, you have good line O & D side, but how does the skill positions on O set up this year and D back field?

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I know is that where Clem lives makes me a bit jealous, not sure where HRUF is, the only problem though is that it is east coast, so when good sports stuff is going on in the west, you have to stay up til 2 am to catch it

About a 10 minute drive from the Citrus Bowl (but in the good part of town)

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings Everyone!!

I too am anxious for Iowa Football!! I also think Iowa's schedule really sets up nicely for an undefeated regular season. I see the following games as the toughest on the regular season: @ Pitt, Wisconsin, and Nebraska. The rest of the games are very manageable.

I think it was Clem above that said the Pitt game will be the litmus test for the season. I completely agree with that. I really think that Iowa will handle Pitt - even though their offense will have two quality players (RB Connor and WR Boyd). Both put up strong numbers as freshmen last year.

Getting Wisconsin and Nebraska in Kinnick...I like Iowa's odds here.

I don't think the other 9 games are an issue, but then I start to think about: coaching errors, play calling, low scoring games, more coaching errors, and clock management issues.

IF Iowa's offense averages 32+ points per game - I wouldn't be surprised at a 12-0 regular season.
IF Iowa's offense averages 21 or fewer points per game - I wouldn't be surprised at another 8-4 regular season.

I would really love to see Iowa's offense generate about 2400 yards and 24+ TDs from the RB position. That type of production should really allow Iowa's WRs to produce quality numbers.

Go Hawks!!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for some reason everyone out there seems to think we will lose at Pitt...I am wondering why, anyone know how good Pitt is? For some reason, I always feel the Iowa State game is the iffy one cause it is a total trap game.

Maryland could be sneaky and so could Minnesota, if anyone is going to the Illinois game, let me know, while I am not planning on going right now, I could be talked into it, went a few years back to the last IL game in Champaign, but Nov 15 could be very cold or it could be decent weather.

The last 2 games of the year will be interesting if we do get there undefeated.

Grue

Member's Only Jacket
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for some reason everyone out there seems to think we will lose at Pitt...I am wondering why, anyone know how good Pitt is? For some reason, I always feel the Iowa State game is the iffy one cause it is a total trap game.

Maryland could be sneaky and so could Minnesota, if anyone is going to the Illinois game, let me know, while I am not planning on going right now, I could be talked into it, went a few years back to the last IL game in Champaign, but Nov 15 could be very cold or it could be decent weather.

The last 2 games of the year will be interesting if we do get there undefeated.

You won't lose to Pitt.

They are starting a sophomore QB (Voytik) and have little returning experience on the line. A couple true freshman should be competing for spots. Boyd at WR is the only playmaker of note- and he's really good. Aaron Donald, the first round pick, was the only threat on D last year.

Chryst has a really young squad. They managed to grab a few decent local kids the last few years while PSU was heavily under sanctions. But the coaching change a few years ago left a very bare cupboard and the lack of depth is evident now.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically under KF:

Offensive average of 25.5 points per game
Defensive average of 20.3 points per game

Given the schedule, I really like Iowa scoring a lot of points each game this year while giving up less than their historical average.

Go Hawks!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a piss poor schedule. 11 wins and top 15 ranking isn't out of the question

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palm has Iowa projected in the Holiday Bowl vs USC in his preseason bowl pics, now we all know Palm has never played the sport but somehow is an expert that is wrong more than right, especially preseason, but a bit of fun to check out at least

NCAA College Football - CBSSports.com

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone realizes that Iowa has a shot to make the first 4-team playoff. Given the experience and schedule - it could happen - but Iowa could crash and burn just as easily.

I'm anxious to see the players perform in the coaches game plan.

I went to Iowa's open session this past Saturday. Looks like more work is needed. But Iowa didn't show much either.