• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early Fall Recruiting Big Board (Defense)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE
Mykelle McDaniel – For a long time Nebraska looked like a front runner for McDaniel but things have come to a screeching halt as of late between the two sides as it seems McDaniel has a more southern flavor to his list than he did before. The safe bet is on McDaniel to Georgia, but of Mohammed Barry (former teammate) can stay in his ear Nebraska could still have a shot.

LB
Mique Juarez
– Juarez, a 5-star recruit out of CA, has long been wavering in his commitment to home-state team USC saying he wants to take visits to be sure. Nebraska is among the schools he listed as a possible destination, primarily because of his relationship with Trent Bray. As of now, Nebraska is fairly full at Linebacker but they would not turn Jaurez away if he wanted N. It remains to be seen if Mique is going to visit, but there has been smoke for quite some time concerning the young man, and where there’s smoke, often times there is fire.

CB
Kentrell Love – Currently, Love is committed to Washington, but the Corona, California native is still looking around. Love is slated to visit Nebraska within the month and if he makes the visit put the young man on flip watch. The Huskers currently only have one DB commit in this class and want to end up with 4. Love has the size and the hips to be a solid corner at the next level, if he visits, Nebraska could pull him away from the coast.

S
Isaiah Simmons – Finally some local flavor on this list. Simmons has long been a target for this staff and continues to be the top Safety target for Banker and company. While he has yet to set up an OV for the fall, he talks regularly with the Husker staff and seems to want to stay closer to home for college, all of which bode well for Nebraska. Losing out on Kelly and Bledsoe from neighboring state Kansas hurt but if the staff could pull Simmons out of the state to the south it would take away some of the sting.

Eric Burrell – Burrell is a versatile and intelligent defender with a penchant for hard hits on the back end. Nebraska has long been after Burrell and will finally get an opportunity to impress with a visit this weekend verses South Alabama. Burrell’s other finalists are Duke and Wisconsin, both for academic reasons. Nebraska would like to close the deal before he could visit Wisconsin at the end of November. This week will go a long way to determining if that can be done.

Nehemiah Augustus – The safety from down south is probably third on the pecking order here but might be the most interested. He was slated to visit this weekend but has since changed plans. Nebraska likely won’t turn Augustus away if he wants to commit as they really like his skill set.

Snick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of DE DT commits this year hurts... Ben Stille is a good grab but not the top tier I would hope to get.... If we could flip Mique id go #%&@$ myself :)

Simmons and Burrell would be great grabs

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, the lack of DE recruits is particularly troubling... I think we like only take 1 DT in this class, and hopefully we take 2-3 DEs. However, right now, we're not really in on any DEs that I can tell. That doesn't mean we're not working on ones behind the scenes but the silence is deafening in that regard.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drought at DE is eerily similar to our luck at landing a quality DT for a few years running, with the foresight we have now to call it what it is no one knew Moss would literally pull that stuff or Keels wasn't all he was made out to be at the time. With immediate playing time on the plate you would hope we could turn a few guys onto NU however there's still a long ways to go before Feb rolls around

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drought at DE is eerily similar to our luck at landing a quality DT for a few years running, with the foresight we have now to call it what it is no one knew Moss would literally pull that stuff or Keels wasn't all he was made out to be at the time. With immediate playing time on the plate you would hope we could turn a few guys onto NU however there's still a long ways to go before Feb rolls around
i agree, i'd think you could entice some really good DE that wants to play immediately into coming.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As of right now, unless we just hit our stride and have an amazing season I would think that we are going to be looking at Senior evaluation throughout the fall for our DE recruits. We put a lot of our eggs in the Xavier Kelly and Amani Bledsoe basket and we struck out miserably.