• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early condolences to Sparty on their first loss tonight

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow....PM me your paypal. Let me send you .05 to you can buy a clue.

Lets just pick a few of these options just to have fun.

99 UConn he's on the bench behind Rip Hamilton (ever heard of him?) and Ricky Moore, aka the best defensive guard in the country that year.

99 Duke he's coming at best 2nd off the bench behind starters Trajan Langdon (1st round pick) and Chris Carawell (NBA draft pick) and also after Corey Maggette (lottery pick).

04 UConn he's coming off the bench behind guys like Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva, and sharing minutes with Rashad Anderson and Denham Brown.

05 UNC he's coming off the bench behind McCants, Marvin Williams

05 Illinois he's coming off the bench behind Dee Brown and Luther Head.

Florida he's the 4th or 5th best player on the team behind guys like Noah, Horford, Brewer and Green.

Nice try though. Keep trying. Dude was the 3rd best player on a team where Appling was in the top 2. And that weak ass team made the elite 8. If that doesnt' show the weak talent of CBB, then I don't know what else does.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's full of shit...
and, unless/until you support your subjective assessments (which he never does) regarding overall & individual contemporary CBB programs' strengths/weaknesses compared to some assumed "golden age" of college hoops (why only the 90s and 2000s mentioned? no 70s & 80s?) with outside objectivivity (ie: facts, expertise, history)...
You're full of shit too.

Nothing I've said isn't true. This is a very weak freshman class(at least according to people who follow that kind of stuff) Also take a look at the top 25 recruits from this past season, and how many went to non-traditional power basketball schools. LSU, Cal, Marquette, Purdue, Mississippi State, FSU, South Carolina all received such commitments, and in some instances got two.

I don't think it's a surprise the best teams this season have a lot of experience on their rosters. Michigan State with Valentine, Forbes, Harris, Costello. Kansas with Ellis, Selden Jr, Mason, Graham, Greene. OU with Hield, Woodward, Cousins and Spangler. Virginia, UNC, Xavier, Iowa State, Butler etc. IMO that is because of the weaker freshman class, and that freshman class being spread out.

I mean just compare MSU's title team to this current one.

The 2000 MSU team had Jason Richardson(drafted #5), Mateen Cleaves(drafted #14) Mo Peterson(drafted #21) and Andre Hutson(2nd round pick). Charlie Bell was also on that team. That team lost SEVEN games. With FIVE NBA players and other upperclassman contributions from Granger, Chappell and Thomas. IMO that team would soundly beat this MSU team.

As for the 70's and 80's, I wasn't alive back then, but when you have guys like Kareem, Walton, Bird, Magic, Michael, Isaiah etc stay until they are juniors/seniors that leads me to believe that era to be better because this era is filled with guys who are one and done. I don't think its a stretch to suggest the quality of college basketball has definitely declined. We are just in a much different time and era.

I'm not trying to diminish what MSU has accomplished this year, and what they could potentially accomplish down the road. They win it all, they are deserved champs.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing I've said isn't true. This is a very weak freshman class(at least according to people who follow that kind of stuff) Also take a look at the top 25 recruits from this past season, and how many went to non-traditional power basketball schools. LSU, Cal, Marquette, Purdue, Mississippi State, FSU, South Carolina all received such commitments, and in some instances got two.

I don't think it's a surprise the best teams this season have a lot of experience on their rosters. Michigan State with Valentine, Forbes, Harris, Costello. Kansas with Ellis, Selden Jr, Mason, Graham, Greene. OU with Hield, Woodward, Cousins and Spangler. Virginia, UNC, Xavier, Iowa State, Butler etc. IMO that is because of the weaker freshman class, and that freshman class being spread out.

I mean just compare MSU's title team to this current one.

The 2000 MSU team had Jason Richardson(drafted #5), Mateen Cleaves(drafted #14) Mo Peterson(drafted #21) and Andre Hutson(2nd round pick). Charlie Bell was also on that team. That team lost SEVEN games. With FIVE NBA players and other upperclassman contributions from Granger, Chappell and Thomas. IMO that team would soundly beat this MSU team.

As for the 70's and 80's, I wasn't alive back then, but when you have guys like Kareem, Walton, Bird, Magic, Michael, Isaiah etc stay until they are juniors/seniors that leads me to believe that era to be better because this era is filled with guys who are one and done. I don't think its a stretch to suggest the quality of college basketball has definitely declined. We are just in a much different time and era.

I'm not trying to diminish what MSU has accomplished this year, and what they could potentially accomplish down the road. They win it all, they are deserved champs.

04 UConn had 7 guys get drafted (most of them first rounders) and they lost 6 games that year.

It's not even close. I don't want to get into the early 90s when most guys stayed 3 or 4 years, cause that's basically an entirely different era.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to diminish what MSU has accomplished this year, and what they could potentially accomplish down the road.

That's cool.
I wasn't trying to defend what State's accomplished so far this year.
And Valentine doesn't need my defense, either, against the slights & hatred of drippy dicks like Q - Valentine's performance & stats so far this season obviously justify his standing against the sport's best by pundits/analysts far more knowledgeable about this shit than we are.
Let's wait until the fuckn season's over before we start comparing current teams with the best of the past.
I WAS around and going to games in the 70s and 80s (Magic, btw, left MSU after two years) and can honestly say that, while one or two programs are obviously heads/shoulders above the rest any given year, the overall quality of the game/play has not only NOT diminished, but has improved.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you still need that nickle. Cause you got beat, badly and yet you're still gonna stick to your guns and be wrong.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool.
I wasn't trying to defend what State's accomplished so far this year.
And Valentine doesn't need my defense, either, against the slights & hatred of drippy dicks like Q - Valentine's performance & stats so far this season obviously justify his standing against the sport's best by pundits/analysts far more knowledgeable about this shit than we are.
Let's wait until the fuckn season's over before we start comparing current teams with the best of the past.
I WAS around and going to games in the 70s and 80s (Magic, btw, left MSU after two years) and can honestly say that, while one or two programs are obviously heads/shoulders above the rest any given year, the overall quality of the game/play has not only NOT diminished, but has improved.

Valentine has been awesome this year. He'd be my front runner for POY.

And I guess I wasn't specifically talking about the quality of play, but more so the quality of the players. Teams like Butler and OU are playing very quality basketball, and are very efficient, but they dont have the upper echelon talent of teams in the past.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
04 UConn he's coming off the bench behind guys like Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva, and sharing minutes with Rashad Anderson and Denham Brown.
I LOL'd hard at this. You're a troll

Reactions: H2S

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't know who he is. That's fine. You're clueless.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denzel Valentine is loads better than Denham Brown. Valentine is very good. He's not great but the only guy in CBB right now who projects as great us Simmons

Reactions: H2S

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOL'd hard at this. You're a troll

And you don't know who he is. That's fine. You're clueless.
You don't see the Red Sox and Celtics logos next to my Arizona one? Any guess as to where I grew up and who was on TV more than any other college basketball team? Keep assuming that I don't know Denham Brown there pal.

You're a joke and might was well just go somewhere else because nobody's gonna take you seriously when you say shit like that.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't give condolences for their second loss?