• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early CellphoneUpgrade??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know how to get verizon to let you do this

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know how to get verizon to let you do this

Re-up your contract. Two year extension usually gets you a free, or very reduced upgrade. (I got the Iphone 4S several years ago for $80 or so when i Re-upped.)Im overdue, waiting for a service war to get the best deal. (May be waiting awhile.)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, but my contract isnt due for over a year

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, but my contract isnt due for over a year

Why do you want to upgrade?

Reason I ask...I have the Galaxy s4 (had a blackberry prior to that)...this was my 1st entry into the "touch glass" type phone...had it 3 years now and the s5 came out and everyone I know that had the s4 was chomping at the bit to get the new phone...the ones that did get it all say...yeah it's nice, but...

The features are pretty much maxed out for what we use day in day out now..We finally changed plans...one that doesn't have the new phone every 2 year subsidy...when this one dies I'll just buy a new phone, but not $500 to $600 for the latest one.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reason I ask...I have the Galaxy s4 (had a blackberry prior to that)...this was my 1st entry into the "touch glass" type phone...had it 3 years now and the s5 came out and everyone I know that had the s4 was chomping at the bit to get the new phone...the ones that did get it all say...yeah it's nice, but...

The features are pretty much maxed out for what we use day in day out now..We finally changed plans...one that doesn't have the new phone every 2 year subsidy...when this one dies I'll just buy a new phone, but not $500 to $600 for the latest one.

I agree with the context of this...the smart phones have about topped out for what we can do with them. Sure there are neat tricks they will keep getting, but making calls + music + camera are about all they really are good for. Even apps are seeing a downfall as people don't use em. The only games that are really going to be worth it are the little games you can play in a couple of minutes while on the can.

The evolution of phone will probably be to start cutting back on the gadgets as they max out camera and internet speeds, ramp up batter life and call clarity, and end up getting smaller. Then some smart phones will exist, but they will really just be mini-tablets used for business and the medical field. Just my guess, though.

As for the iPhone 6, I'm excited but will want to see if it offers anything new. If they fall on their face, and it looks like the rumored pictures, I may jump to an S5

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah the wow factor with new phones just isn't there anymore. The tech has peaked and new phones just have minor tweaks now. I plan to keep my note2 until it dies, because there just isn't a reason for me to upgrade. Lots of hype still, but those buying new phones find themselves disappointed IMO.