• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles trying to extend Bradford!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't do that. He's already slated for 13 million this year. That's as big as any signing bonus he could hope for at this point.

That is my thinking too. You give him a new deal making this years salary a signing bonus and then giving him the league minimum. Then you structure a deal giving him a roster bonus for each of the next couple years.

I know some think that trading for Bradford was a precursor to getting MM but the reality is that Bradford is the one with all the power. He is in the last year of his deal and has made it clear he will not sign an extension with anyone but the Eagles. That is why he wants a no trade clause. He wants to make sure that if he does get an extension he will not be traded.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Bradford has all the power is silly. Bradford is a guy coming off two blown ACLs who is on his last legs, literally, as an NFL starter.

It's true that he has leverage right now because he can threaten to retire and go sit on his $50 million pile of cash he got as the last rookie to get that #1 overall pick loot before they changed the rules. That's a serious threat.

But right now, no one is going to give him a big contract extension, no one, not even a riverboat gambler like Chip. He needs to show he can play again first. He is just trying to scare bad teams from trading for him--specifically, the Cleveland Browns.

Intoxicated

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MM nonsense will never stop while Chip is the HC here. They will always link a want/interest/trade to those two.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MM nonsense will never stop while Chip is the HC here. They will always link a want/interest/trade to those two.

It will stop tomorrow right after the #2 pick is called and it is not the Eagles

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even after that there will likely be MM chatter, especially if he struggles with his new team.

I am starting to think the trade might happen. But I am trying not to get my hopes up too high!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think the trade might happen. But I am trying not to get my hopes up too high!

While I would love to see the Eagles get MM, I cannot see a single scenario where this trade happens.

1. One piece is a QB that has made it clear that he will not sign an extension with any other team.

2. The players we will have to give up will make the defense very, very bad.

3. The defensive players that we do give up are set to become free agents and there is no guarantee they will sign new deals with the Titans.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. The players we will have to give up will make the defense very, very bad.

The travesty of all this will be that our Mariota led and defenseless team could be so bad next year that we'll be able to draft a way better QB near the top of the draft next year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Bradford is not a trade Chip. What Sal Pal said is that he is untradeable right now due to not being able to practice, much less play. Only we and Cleveland were dumb enough to trade for the guy, and it seems he doesn't want to play for Cleveland so that might scuttle a trade there.

Intoxicated

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone called in to Mike Miss today and said it was a done deal and we will know before 8pm. Says MM will be an eagles. Same guy who broke the foles trade, mccoy, and the signing of bradford and Murray to mike miss. He said his sources were a person in the NFL Films and a CEO of a tv channel. So take that for what its worth

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before 8 PM on draft day? LOL that sounds highly unlikely. Not sure why someone in NFL Films or TV would know this deal and yet it was not reported by their channel.

Intoxicated

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before 8 PM on draft day? LOL that sounds highly unlikely. Not sure why someone in NFL Films or TV would know this deal and yet it was not reported by their channel.
Dunno brother but Mike Miss did confirm he broke the other stories

Intoxicated

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol is that on NFL.com or did you just make that yourself?

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have come to grips with the fact that Bradford will most likely play less than half the games this year and we were raped by the Rams in the deal. Chip is going to have to answer to all of us when and if this fails. Heck he himself isnt 100% sold this guy is going to play this year, oherwise he would not have paid what he did to Sanchez. Negoitati
Someone called in to Mike Miss today and said it was a done deal and we will know before 8pm. Says MM will be an eagles. Same guy who broke the foles trade, mccoy, and the signing of bradford and Murray to mike miss. He said his sources were a person in the NFL Films and a CEO of a tv channel. So take that for what its worth

So that would mean that they are trading up to number 1 not number 2 if it happens before 8pm. Otherwise Tampa could take Mariota and hold the Eagles hostage.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my fear:

Chip misses on Mariota
Bradford gets hurt again
Chip goes to USC after the season
We are left with smoldering ruins at QB

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look at it this way. If Bradford gets hurt again and things get so bad that Chip bolts. We will be in perfect position to take a top QB in next years draft.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my fear:

Chip misses on Mariota
Bradford gets hurt again
Chip goes to USC after the season
We are left with smoldering ruins at QB

Well look at it this way. If Bradford gets hurt again and things get so bad that Chip bolts. We will be in perfect position to take a top QB in next years draft.

Exactly... If Chip misses and goes back to college then we are left with most of our pieces intact, instant cap relief with Bradford gone and high draft picks for the next coach.

....outside of a dumpster fire season, where is the downside?