• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Eagles/Redskins thread

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Defense + #2 overall pick QB + bad receivers + 90% pass to run ratio

#groundhogday

Average defense + #2 overall pick QB + bad receivers + shaken up (and by now bad) O-line + no RB's that can carry the load = #groundhogday.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weaknesses are obvious. The major one on D is at cornerback. On offense we need a running game. That involves better offensive lineman and a running back capable of carrying the work load. Kelce has to go and Peters (with his salary) is on his way out soon. Last but certainly not least is someone who can make a play at WR. Washington had that and won. We cannot fix everything in one off season but we can make good progress with a realistic plan. Again, in no particular order these are the three areas the Eagles should be focusing on.

1) Cornerback
2) Oline
3) WR

We could easily add a bigger running back in the middle rounds.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles beat themselves today. Wentz throws INT in the end Zone. Sproles touchdown called back because
of penalty on Ertz. Wentz fumbles at 14 yard line. ETC.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobin better not be on the team after this year, and I would cut him today. He can't play. We also have several players who can't play and are taking up roster spots, and cap space.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing game...disappointing season
the season expectations were skewed by the early part of the year

However even if the Eagles went 0-16 this year and looked horrible doing it Pederson would be coaching next year

There is no way Lurie is going to fire Pederson anytime soon
Lurie hired Pederson more from the heart than what Pederson brought coaching-wise (although Pederson was hired also for coaching in the sense that Lurie wanted a Reid clone)

Lurie strokes himself to sleep each night thinking about Reid
So get ready for the next couple of years at least with Pederson coaching
But hey look on the bright side we can hear how fun the Eagles office Christmas party is with Pederson attending with a smile on his face

All kidding aside to be fair you do need to give Pederson more than his inaugural season in which no one thought the Eagles would do anything

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not here to gloat, we got lucky yesterday and got breaks we never seem to have gotten in the past. Agreee that Everett should have been thrown from the game. But if you ask me your OL held up pretty well until the last play considering how deep into the bench you have gone. But yeah Eagles should have run more, the Redskins are obviously terrible against the run. I would have gone for every single 4th down, I was really happy when twice your coach kicked.

You guys nailed the needs but to me it starts with wide receiver. Early in the thread the phrase "very good" was used to describe Jordan Mathews. Very good is just short of great, it describes players like Brandon Marshall, maybe Darren Sproles in his punt return role. Jordan Mathews is not even good yet, not even close to very good and he's by far the best you've got. Still love your QB but give this man a chance by finding legit receivers.

Last edited:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the kind words, but I disagree n Jordan. I think he can [play for any team. He is good, sometimes has drops, but even OBJ does too. He is not a gamebreaker, but a good slot or possession receiver. Wentz is always looking for him, as he is the only decent WR we have.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Very good" good? Not even close.

I agree with this.

Jordan Matthews is good but he is not even remotely close to being very good. He is the best the Eagles have. He can get open when he is in the slot and using his size in the middle. However it is not even close to being at Dez Bryant's level. However I like him.....he is a very hard worker and tries to get better.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to flame, I try to behave myself on this board. But being the best you have, which is very true, does not mean you are good. IMO when compared to all the other starting wide receivers around the league I just can't see how he can be seen as anything better than "average". If you really looked at it objectively I think you would agree that is the case. I said the same thing when Redskins fans tried to claim early in the year that Matt Jones was "pretty good" when he simply wasn't. But again if you had 3 guys as good as Mathews you would have a totally different team.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the change in the offense when he is was hurt determine he was good. I see your point but I think he is above average IMO. A couple weeks ago I may have agreed with you but after seeing how bad the passing game became when he was hurt I changed my opinion of him.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I can see that. Just goes to show how even a decent WR will change your team. But you got the hardest piece to find IMO. My Redskins friends think I'm calling it too early but we've seen plays from Wentz that only great player make. So there's that. Good luck PG, good to talk to you again.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matthews will be better when he's surrounded by better talent at the position - i.e. a vertical threat that can open up lanes underneath for him. Has to work on his toe-drag-swag though, cost us a TD in this game. Wentz threw a perfect ball.