• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles Have 83 Million Invested In Their QB's

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for starters having 83M tied up with QBs. Two questionable QBs and an unknown rookie.

They resigned Bradford cause at the time there wasn't shit on the open market for a veteran starter QB

Daniels was a "security blanket" signing for Dougie, anytime a "offense coach is hired and put in as HC they bring some QB with them

Wentz, it was the whole draft process, I think as they went through the pre draft stuff that fell more and more in love with this kid. Nobody knows what he's going to be, but why not take the kid you believe could lead the 10-12 yrs....

Bradford will start and be on display for his next team, it's not rocket science, if he wants to stay a starter in this league he will have to play for it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're that many teams breaking down the door to sign Bradford? Plus the Eagles told Bradford they were going to move up in the Draft for a QB. The Eagles overpaid.

Daniels makes more than some teams starters, and he should have been the stopgap between now and Wentz. The Eagles over paid.

I like Wentz, but the Eagles traded away the farm for an unknown prospect from a small school. The Eagles overpaid.

Do you see a trend here.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We laugh now, but who's going to be laughing come September when the Eagles unveil their deadly new 3 QB formation? We will.

well we know they can't throw so it shouldn't be too hard to stop

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright I'll bite:

What "stupid moves after Kelly's departure" did they make?
They threw money at Bradford and Daniels. Then they gave up the farm for a questionable prospect in the draft. Hell, Goff had more completions than Wentz had attempts every single season.

SHOTGUN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They threw money at Bradford and Daniels. Then they gave up the farm for a questionable prospect in the draft. Hell, Goff had more completions than Wentz had attempts every single season.

As Mayock said, if you don't have a franchise QB you're not relevant in the league.
Bradford is a band-aid to having a somewhat competitive year. Will never win a SB and will never be a franchise QB.
Daniel is the long term backup, knows his role, knows the offense. Easily worth the money.
Wentz is the franchise QB. Not a questionable prospect. NFL scouts were drooling over him last year. University of Houston QB's traditionally have tons of completions. Doesn't mean crap.

Eagles did the best thing they could do to fix Kelly's screw ups.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're that many teams breaking down the door to sign Bradford? Plus the Eagles told Bradford they were going to move up in the Draft for a QB. The Eagles overpaid.

Daniels makes more than some teams starters, and he should have been the stopgap between now and Wentz. The Eagles over paid.

I like Wentz, but the Eagles traded away the farm for an unknown prospect from a small school. The Eagles overpaid.

Do you see a trend here.

Two possible trends the one I said and the other is if the "small school" QB craps out...

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Mayock said, if you don't have a franchise QB you're not relevant in the league.
Bradford is a band-aid to having a somewhat competitive year. Will never win a SB and will never be a franchise QB.
Daniel is the long term backup, knows his role, knows the offense. Easily worth the money.
Wentz is the franchise QB. Not a questionable prospect. NFL scouts were drooling over him last year. University of Houston QB's traditionally have tons of completions. Doesn't mean crap.

Eagles did the best thing they could do to fix Kelly's screw ups.
The problem with giving up all of those picks is that it doesn't set the team up for success in the future. When Atlanta traded up for Julio Jones they picked a great receiver. Unfortunately those lost picks translated into a team with very little depth. I think we're going to see that with both the Rams and the Eagles.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with giving up all of those picks is that it doesn't set the team up for success in the future. When Atlanta traded up for Julio Jones they picked a great receiver. Unfortunately those lost picks translated into a team with very little depth. I think we're going to see that with both the Rams and the Eagles.

Eagles didn't have that many gapping holes going into the draft, the addressed the OL, and secondary, the two biggest needs, someone will be stupid to trade for Bradford next spring, if the Eagles eat some of the contract so be it, the will be given mid round picks and that is where they need to farm picks back...

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Compared to other teams they are not overspent on the position, however compared to other teams their QB's either suck or are unproven