• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles: Aaron Rodgers laughed us out of Lambeau

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Views of the game from some of the Eagle players:

Eagles: Aaron Rodgers laughed us out of Lambeau | Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

As if dissecting their blitzes, carving up their coverages and slipping out of their sacks wasn’t enough.
Aaron Rodgers was also laughing at the Eagles' defense.

Two Eagles said Green Bay's Pro Bowl quarterback frequently laughed, smirked and snidely enjoyed his three-touchdown masterpiece during Sunday’s game at Lambeau Field, a 53-20 Packers blowout.

"Hell, yeah. That sh-- pissed me off," outside linebacker Brandon Graham said. “I wanted to get him. But at the end of the day, shoot, he was doing his job. More power to him. I guess we would be laughing if we were sacking him."

Rodgers passed for 321 yards and three touchdowns, completed 61 percent of his throws and compiled a passer rating of 120.1.

He took delight in tossing two first-half touchdowns, a six-yarder to rookie wideout Davante Adams and a 27-yarder to Jordy Nelson. On the third play of the game, he connected with Nelson on a 64-yarder past cornerback Bradley Fletcher.

Cameras even caught Rodgers shaking his head and wise cracking just before he called a timeout.
"Yeah, he did that a couple of times. And he was smirking,” cornerback Nolan Carroll said. “He's always been like that. You’ve seen it many times. He’s just one of those guys that jokes on the field. Whatever you present to him, whatever you show him, it doesn't surprise him much."

Carroll and Graham said some teammates were irked to see Rodgers having fun at their expense but both acknowledged that Rodgers, a Super Bowl champion and NFL MVP, has earned the right to act however he wants on the field.

“It’s just one of them things where you want to smack that smirk off his face,” Graham said. “But I mean they definitely came to play. I've got to take my hat off to him. That's the first time I have ever seen that.

"We started talking about it toward the end. We were like, 'He’s been laughing at us all day.' He’s a good quarterback, man. I would love to see him in the playoffs. You definitely have to get after him."

Carroll, who started his career with the Dolphins in 2010, said he remembered Rodgers laughing during a game that season at Lambeau. Miami won in overtime.

The Packers won seven of their next 10 games to earn a wild card and then won three consecutive road games, starting with a 21-16 win over the Eagles at the Linc, before edging the Steelers in the Super Bowl for Rodgers’ first and only title.

Carroll said Rodgers’ histrionics can be annoying “at first” but come with the territory of being one of the game’s all-time greats.

"But just what he does, he does it so well that it's just like, ‘Oh well.’ You can't complain about it,” he said. “It's just who the guy is. He's got that cocky confidence. He knows exactly where he wants the ball to go, he knows what you’re in and he’s just telling you good luck.

“I’ve never met a quarterback that is just so relaxed out there. Whatever the situation is, he is never getting down, never cussing at his teammates. Nothing ever fazes him. That's just a special quality in a quarterback."

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Rodgers smirking and laughing at times. I thought it was great!

Where do I buy my Packer Super Bowl tickets?

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Rodgers was laughing in New Orleans though....

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers also said he tweaked his back against the Bears.... Because he was standing on the sideline so much due to quick drives and the scoreboard.

Oshkoshpackfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not laughing at the other team directly like " f*ck you guys, I am that good", he is laughing at other things as well. Things the WR's say, thing they do.....thats what makes him laugh. When clay took out dirty sanchez, the camera showed rodgers smirking.....hell, WE ALL DID, that shit was funny.
Rodgers is far from being a cocky assclown.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not laughing at the other team directly like " f*ck you guys, I am that good", he is laughing at other things as well. Things the WR's say, thing they do.....thats what makes him laugh. When clay took out dirty sanchez, the camera showed rodgers smirking.....hell, WE ALL DID, that shit was funny.
Rodgers is far from being a cocky assclown.
If the man can walk the walk he has the right to talk the talk.