• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEWS flash ************** per rotoworld; Retired QB Brett Favre believes he could still play in the NFL.

Now there a dynasty pickup if there ever was one. ....

Is he available on Fantrax yet?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how did u get to writing article for them?

It started back when we were on the CBS message board. I was invited to play in a FF league where you had to write an article each week and got points for responses. Not sure how the creator of the league was able to pull that off seeing that we needed admin permissions from Fantrax, but it happened and that got my foot in the door. That's the very short version.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It started back when we were on the CBS message board. I was invited to play in a FF league where you had to write an article each week and got points for responses. Not sure how the creator of the league was able to pull that off seeing that we needed admin permissions from Fantrax, but it happened and that got my foot in the door. That's the very short version.

Joe, now you're in. Get Foot outta that door already! ;)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awesome, do you have your own page.....

Not really. From what I can tell, Fantrax doesn't seem to feature articles. You have to search for them.

The longer version... It was a challenge to write something every week. Something interesting that is. After the 2010 season, I pretty much forgot about my permissions. A couple of years later (2013) the MBBRL guys (that you all know and love) inspired me with a topic that we were discussing. For grins, I decided to see if my Fantrax admin permissions were still valid, and they were.

The article was posted by one of the editors. He also contacted me about making more frequent submissions, so I needed to send him personal information and a picture. But since I'm doing this "gratis" and it is a challenge to be spontaneously creative, I do what I can when I can. Gratefully, the editors seem to be ok with this arrangement.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef - Joe would never get rid of his Foot. He loves his Foot!:nod:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. From what I can tell, Fantrax doesn't seem to feature articles. You have to search for them.

The longer version... It was a challenge to write something every week. Something interesting that is. After the 2010 season, I pretty much forgot about my permissions. A couple of years later (2013) the MBBRL guys (that you all know and love) inspired me with a topic that we were discussing. For grins, I decided to see if my Fantrax admin permissions were still valid, and they were.

The article was posted by one of the editors. He also contacted me about making more frequent submissions, so I needed to send him personal information and a picture. But since I'm doing this "gratis" and it is a challenge to be spontaneously creative, I do what I can when I can. Gratefully, the editors seem to be ok with this arrangement.

Joe, I am sure, many of us in the MBBRL community would not mind if you occasionally took some of our posts...
Just if you need more articles at a faster rate...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, I am sure, many of us in the MBBRL community would not mind if you occasionally took some of our posts...
Agreed. It would be be interesting to see what people outside of this board think about some of our crazy ideas.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. It would be be interesting to see what people outside of this board think about some of our crazy ideas.

Really appreciate the kind words guys. And that's not a bad idea either.
Trying to keep a level head about this and seriously I think you guys are the only ones reading them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to keep a level head about this and seriously I think you guys are the only ones reading them.
Maybe right now, but you know if we keep commenting others will follow. Just the way it works.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea you gotta start somewhere.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There IS nobody else! Fuck the rest. We are the only group that matters. You think anyone else is as competitive or knows as much as we do? Shiiiiit.

1OKvl6Z.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys, I was going through some old posts, and about this "tanking", please disregard my rant on the subject. I was having a really bad day when I posted that, and my overreaction reflected my mood.

I say this because I really have no experience in exactly what it is, so I'll keep my mouth shut until I come across it.

Pretty sure I won't like it, tho. ;)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys, I was going through some old posts, and about this "tanking", please disregard my rant on the subject. I was having a really bad day when I posted that, and my overreaction reflected my mood.

I say this because I really have no experience in exactly what it is, so I'll keep my mouth shut until I come across it.

Pretty sure I won't like it, tho. ;)

You had a rant on it? I'm guessing it's been disregarded, I sure can't even remember it.

I know I've been in some discussions about the right/wrong of it. .from way back on the board which shall not be named. .but have yet to ever really see it in person. .that I can truly say, yeah he tanked on purpose.