• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer not to have another football draft, aside from Coma 2, prior to atleast Independence Day. But I don't really care, I guess.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this idea will be one of my SHUT DOWN ideas, but what is your thoughts about making a SUPER FLEX...

For those who don't know a Super flex is a flex spot that could be any offense position including QB....

The one thing I am noticing about any keeper/dynasty league. the QB still doesn't have the same value as a keeper than any other position because the other players are so comparable... Nobody is going to draft their BACKUP QB until at the earliest the 8th round... I would love to give QB more value...

Of course to do this though we would have to lower the scoring for a QB, 4 points per TD point per 40 yards, etc...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't it a shame? When you're shot down in flames.

Not a fan milk. I'd really have to be convinced. But with 14 teams, that could get tricky.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this idea will be one of my SHUT DOWN ideas, but what is your thoughts about making a SUPER FLEX...

For those who don't know a Super flex is a flex spot that could be any offense position including QB....

The one thing I am noticing about any keeper/dynasty league. the QB still doesn't have the same value as a keeper than any other position because the other players are so comparable... Nobody is going to draft their BACKUP QB until at the earliest the 8th round... I would love to give QB more value...

Of course to do this though we would have to lower the scoring for a QB, 4 points per TD point per 40 yards, etc...
I've played in leagues like this before. .may as well call it what it is, a 2QB league, because you'll never start a third RB, or third WR over virtually any starting QB. even with the points adjusted, it's still a 2 QB league.

I never enjoyed it, because whomever had the best QB duo won, period. The rest of the strategy was out the window

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im going to have to give this a hard pass. If this were a redraft I think it would have a better chance at happening but a dynasty league already offers enough of a challenge and uniqueness.

I dont see any reason to try to get too fancy with it. This league will already be ultra competitive with the group of managers that we have.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that but if u have your choice between someone who can contribute this year even if only for a bye week fill in or a guy you have hopes for a year or two down the road, with small benches, why roster the future player? I mean let's say a guy like Cody lattimer, may or may not contribute this year, didn't last year, but there's some expectations there. Why would u roster him last year over 100 other guys? Why wouldn't u wait n take ur chances on getting him this year or next? And if u don't u fill with a relevant starter? There's not really a need to "build" with low rosters .... U can just draft starters each year
Okay, yeah I see where your coming from there. I guess to me, it comes down to a question of difficulty. A harder, more competitive league would force the owners to choose between the marginal starters, and the future potential stars, by way of limiting the roster sizes. Your wanting both the option to keep the future intact, without having to make those hard choices. .which is perfectly fine as well.

I guess where I have the problem though. .must "standard leagues", well have about 14 spots, 5 bench. .99 percent of the time a roster move or two will be forced just to field a full team for that week..but it's not bad. You want SIX additional spots though. .six...that just seems way way to easy to never have to make any rough decisions..at least not until next year's draft. I dunno, I mean both ways sounds like fun, but 16-18 seems more this groups speed as far as difficulty week to week, and thus, year to year as well.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've played in leagues like this before. .may as well call it what it is, a 2QB league, because you'll never start a third RB, or third WR over virtually any starting QB. even with the points adjusted, it's still a 2 QB league.

I never enjoyed it, because whomever had the best QB duo won, period. The rest of the strategy was out the window

And if you didn't have the two best QBs you load up on WW QBs, so your opponent only has one during a bye week.:L

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you didn't have the two best QBs you load up on WW QBs, so your opponent only has one during a bye week.:L

Correct or you force them to overpay for one in a trade. Unless you have a league full of 100% committed managers the 2QB leagues are dominated by the people that draft 6 of them.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, yeah I see where your coming from there. I guess to me, it comes down to a question of difficulty. A harder, more competitive league would force the owners to choose between the marginal starters, and the future potential stars, by way of limiting the roster sizes. Your wanting both the option to keep the future intact, without having to make those hard choices. .which is perfectly fine as well.

I guess where I have the problem though. .must "standard leagues", well have about 14 spots, 5 bench. .99 percent of the time a roster move or two will be forced just to field a full team for that week..but it's not bad. You want SIX additional spots though. .six...that just seems way way to easy to never have to make any rough decisions..at least not until next year's draft. I dunno, I mean both ways sounds like fun, but 16-18 seems more this groups speed as far as difficulty week to week, and thus, year to year as well.

I totally get that point as well. So I'm all for whatever we decide, neutral either way

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the draft order so I can start to plan!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha, I love it. :nod:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hard to keep up on my phone during the day.......did we decide on owners

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. We have 14 teams, one is going to be co-owned.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 total we keep 15 and throw back 5 at the end of the season.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so it looks like we've settle the roster amount. 9 starters, and 9 bench with no IR per the league vote.

Next on the agenda......

Should we discuss the rule 5 or scoring? I say Rule 5 option as scoring maaaaay take quite a hit of time.