• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle , not long ago, you had located and copied the existing league rules right? I've been meaning to get with you so I can plaster them, along with the amendments/ changes we made this off-season onto the site anyways. If there's anything in there addressing this question, that'll be a simple answer, if not we better get a quick discussion/ vote on the matter.

Also, as to the blank spot, we've got a system of "demerits" locked and loaded for that situation

All I have is a copy of the rules on fantrax from the original league. I've never run down and copied rules that we voted on here. I'll try to do a search and copy the rules and amendments made. Good idea to put them in their own thread so it's easy to refer to them. As it is, they are scattered throughout.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have is a copy of the rules on fantrax from the original league. I've never run down and copied rules that we voted on here. I'll try to do a search and copy the rules and amendments made. Good idea to put them in their own thread so it's easy to refer to them. As it is, they are scattered throughout.

Perfect and much appreciated. .... ... not sure we ever discussed roster requirements following the draft, and with 2-IR spots I think we can define the minimum 'starters' this yr (current setting is zero) - - really need to prevent the fiasco from last yr that threatened to bring the whole thing down. ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm thought I could just search for polls for D1, but oddly enough only a few showed up for D1. Might be simpler to address anything that we have questions about, because the discussion on rules rambles on and on skips to other topics and trying to find where it was firmly decided on ( other then the few polls that a search showed ) is extremely difficult.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think alot of this came out after the Micro ordeal plus the original discussion when we voted on adding the IR spots.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm thought I could just search for polls for D1, but oddly enough only a few showed up for D1. Might be simpler to address anything that we have questions about, because the discussion on rules rambles on and on skips to other topics and trying to find where it was firmly decided on ( other then the few polls that a search showed ) is extremely difficult.

Search for my name and the word rule in the title. It seems to me I had put a thread together last year with all the rules in it.

During my reviews last year I would post how many blank/ IR/ Bye players everyone used because it was a tiebreaker in D2. In D1 there were a number of times the K or D spot was left blank by many different teams. So I would say there is no rule in place.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it was discussed, it would've been before our initial draft, or at the latest, before our 1st rookie draft. Something tells me making sure you have at least one player to fill every starting slot at all times was never covered. And too be bluntly honest, it's kind of ridiculous that we'd have to.. but I know some think that's a valid strategy, so I won't get into that debate again

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it was discussed, it would've been before our initial draft, or at the latest, before our 1st rookie draft. Something tells me making sure you have at least one player to fill every starting slot was never covered. And too be bluntly honest, it's kind of ridiculous that we'd have to.. but I know some think that's a valid strategy, so I won't get into that debate again

a Dynasty is different than a Redraft. I know we had one instance last year where the guy's QB was on a bye and the two backups he had one was a prospect, the other one got benched that week. What do you do.

Now not carrying a K or D on your roster for a week is BS IMO.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually more concerned with this right now since we're only a couple of weeks until our draft;

Guess this is as good a time as any to address 'post draft rosters'. I don't think we have ever clarified. Is it everyone's consensus that at the end of our draft each and every team should have every starting position filled ?? By that, I mean; at least 1-K, 1-DST, and 1-TE to go along with whatever mix of QBs, RBs and WRs that make up the rest of the roster. ...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Dynasty is different than a Redraft. I know we had one instance last year where the guy's QB was on a bye and the two backups he had one was a prospect, the other one got benched that week. What do you do.

Yep - exactly what we need to prevent. .... in the draft and during the season ...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't thunk the question is geared towards a week to week idea, but more like, instead if dropping position player x to draft position player y, I want to drop my kicker to draft position player y, and not have to make the decision on who to keep until week 1 when I drop someone to get a kicker.

In essence, skirting the roster limit until the season starts, without technically breaking it

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't thunk the question is geared towards a week to week idea, but more like, instead if dropping position player x to draft position player y, I want to drop my kicker to draft position player y, and not have to make the decision on who to keep until week 1 when I drop someone to get a kicker.

In essence, skirting the roster limit until the season starts, without technically breaking it

The week to week was where I noticed it doing my reviews though. During the preseason I am not paying attention to others roster, unless I am looking to trade, so I would not notice.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be correct and I was actually the one asking that question. The reason I was asking is that the draft is so far before the season in dynasty, so you aren't actually setting a lineup until four months after we draft which is never the case in redraft leagues. In fact, in every league I run I always insist that everybody must draft a full roster, but the season is starting two weeks from then, so that's a huge difference. I definitely agree that you should always have a player in every starting lineup position each week of the season, but why should it matter if I have a kicker on my roster four months before he'll actually get any points for kicking as long as I have one on my roster to start the year? The problem with trying to make an informed decision now is that so much is unknown. There are still so many unsigned free agents, guys that are getting over injuries, and guys that were suspended and what ends up happening with them makes a huge difference. I'll go with whatever the group says, but personally I think that roster restrictions 4 months before the season starts is just plain stupid and makes no sense to me. I know that some guys think that it makes you have to make tough decisions on draft day, which is true, but you'll also have to make the same tough decision in four months when you have to add a kicker and drop somebody, you'll just have a little bit more information on the player(s) that you will be forced to drop.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be correct and I was actually the one asking that question. The reason I was asking is that the draft is so far before the season in dynasty, so you aren't actually setting a lineup until four months after we draft which is never the case in redraft leagues. In fact, in every league I run I always insist that everybody must draft a full roster, but the season is starting two weeks from then, so that's a huge difference. I definitely agree that you should always have a player in every starting lineup position each week of the season, but why should it matter if I have a kicker on my roster four months before he'll actually get any points for kicking as long as I have one on my roster to start the year? The problem with trying to make an informed decision now is that so much is unknown. There are still so many unsigned free agents, guys that are getting over injuries, and guys that were suspended and what ends up happening with them makes a huge difference. I'll go with whatever the group says, but personally I think that roster restrictions 4 months before the season starts is just plain stupid and makes no sense to me. I know that some guys think that it makes you have to make tough decisions on draft day, which is true, but you'll also have to make the same tough decision in four months when you have to add a kicker and drop somebody, you'll just have a little bit more information on the player(s) that you will be forced to drop.
2 weeks, 4 months, I fail to see the difference, it's still skirting the roster limits. The entire point of not expanding the roster, like we've decided to do in D2, was to force us to make those hard decisions, at least that was the argument made during the debate before the vote. This is simply finding a work around.
I have no issues putting the thing to a vote, but like I have said for years, it's bush league, imho

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 weeks, 4 months, I fail to see the difference, it's still skirting the roster limits. The entire point of not expanding the roster, like we've decided to do in D2, was to force us to make those hard decisions, at least that was the argument made during the debate before the vote. This is simply finding a work around.
I have no issues putting the thing to a vote, but like I have said for years, it's bush league, imho
Think you make a good point about expanding the roster was voted down and yeah I agree this is simply a way of skirting that decision and I was all for expanding the roster temporarily.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I wish I knew why this particular issue strikes such a nerve with me, but I just can't put a finger on it. But regardless, I'm not going to do my normal gungho campaign against it. If it's something that has some interest, I would propose these 3 options:
  1. A roster minimum of 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DST, and 1 RB/WR/RE (basically a bare minimum needed to submit a legal lineup every week) tho be maintained at all times
  2. Allowing rosters to have any makeup, at anytime, so long as a legal lineup can be submitted by each week's deadline..i.e. dropping your kicker to draft a position player and leaving kicker open until the season begins..or..
  3. Allowing the kicker, D, or whatever position, to be empty after each year's rookie draft, but anyone doing so cannot make any roster moves, other than to refill said empty spot, including trades, until that empty spot is filled. In this case, you can drop your kicker to draft a position player and leave that starting slot open, but your team is essentially locked until you've added a kicker to fill a legal lineup.. this minimizes the potential advantage that could be gained, but you can still do it if you choose

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either 1 or 3 is ok by me. ....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im ok with any of them, im not opposed to #2 as long as a roster is legal by the day they play. im happy.......as long as sieman isnt starting over andrew luck or the like im happy