• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight is gone....Just move on

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as most figured Dwight signed with the Rockets. Time for the Lakers to move on. I think they need to find a way to get Kevin Love. That's just my opinion. What do you think their next move should be?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amnesty World Peace

Convince Kobe to sit out the season to fully recover because this team barely made the playoffs with Dwight, they aren't making it without him and Kobe sitting for 2 months.

Plus, the team lost Clark who was a big bench player/starter. This team is old and depleting and Kobe sucking up 30m is not helping this team at all to try and rebuild.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only chance we have next season is if one or both of Kobe and Nash takes it back to 06 lol.

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the money and age stuff. I guess I should have worded things differently. What players do you think they should try to get? I understand it wont be easy due to $$$$$$ but they have to try to find some guys that can run if they are keeping Dontknowi as their coach.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need a big man. Try to get Asik if they can. He will not play in Houston with Dwight and he has been vocal about it.

The plan is to trade Asik and Lin to Atlanta for Josh Smith. So the Lakers need to get involved and somehow make it a 3 team deal and get Asik. The Hawks don't need Asik because they already have Horford so they should be able to make a deal of that sort work.

Heck, as stupid as the Hawks are, they might even be able to get Lin out of it, too. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Jim Buss.

He actually choose Mike D'Antoni over Dwight Howard.

I can't root for this shit, fellas. Worse than being a Raiders fan.

I've been at it 70 hours a week lately so I've been absent here but wanted to post my absolute dismay with the Lakers organization this morning. Pathetic. I seriously cannot root for this franchise right now. It's going to take a long time, and a lot of distance from Mike D'Antoni, before I plan my nights around the Lakers schedule.

The Warriors are fun to watch. Go Logo.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Jim Buss.

I've been at it 70 hours a week lately so I've been absent here but wanted to post my absolute dismay with the Lakers organization this morning. Pathetic. I seriously cannot root for this franchise right now. It's going to take a long time, and a lot of distance from Mike D'Antoni, before I plan my nights around the Lakers schedule.

Wondered where you been... Definitely sucks but we will see... I actually stopped watching the Raiders because of Al Davis after he traded Marcus Allen... Hoping it won't be the same... I'll give them a few years but if Buss Jr continues the Al Davis route I don't know what I'll do...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I won't give up on the Lakers no matter how bad it gets. There have been years like this before and the Lakers have re-grouped and come back just fine. The only real problem the Lakers have is having little buss making decisions. If they could figure a way to amnesty little buss the team could breathe again.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Silas on this one as there were indeed some pretty lean years a while ago we 50+ fans went through. BSR, good to see you are pounding away at the Juris Doctorate. Hang tough. It is within reach and this site and the Lakers will be here when you pass the bar (unless of course you have already passed it and are working).

They should put together a package of Metta and Blake and Amnesty Kobe. Try to get draft picks out of Houston or Atlanta because at this juncture this freakin dumbass Short Buss let Howard walk and got nothing in return. Alot of good his and Don'tknowi's arrogance got the club. Flippin sonsabitches!!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Jim Buss.

I feel exactly the same way.

I am still unclear about this: Did Dwight sign outright, or will there be a sign 'n trade? :scratch:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I won't give up on the Lakers no matter how bad it gets. There have been years like this before and the Lakers have re-grouped and come back just fine. The only real problem the Lakers have is having little buss making decisions. If they could figure a way to amnesty little buss the team could breathe again.

REAL talk...:agree:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel exactly the same way.

I am still unclear about this: Did Dwight sign outright, or will there be a sign 'n trade? :scratch:

Dwight hasn't officially signed yet and I haven't heard of any sign and trade. He's just gone.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amnesty World Peace

Convince Kobe to sit out the season to fully recover because this team barely made the playoffs with Dwight, they aren't making it without him and Kobe sitting for 2 months.

Plus, the team lost Clark who was a big bench player/starter. This team is old and depleting and Kobe sucking up 30m is not helping this team at all to try and rebuild.

There is no reason to amnesty Artest. His contract expires after the season and he's an able body. So what if he's overpaid. You won't likely get anyone else as good as him. Keep him and eat the money.

As for a Dwight S&T possibility, I'm not taking back any salaried player if I'm LA. I'll take back any picks I can get and a trade exception if its possible. A trade exception would be more valuable to LA than Asik, Lin or whoever else. It preserves cap room for 2014 and 15 but also gives LA flexibility to trade with pretty much anyone so long as the contract of the player fits into the exception. And since Howard would be signing a max contract, the exception would be a fairly large one. I don't know the exact workings, but it'd be 10 mil +. That could be pretty valuable in snagging for example, a disgruntled talent on a team looking to dump salary to avoid the tax or to tank. But I don't even think its possible. I think Howard just signed straight up with Houston. My guess is there's some league rule that wouldn't allow LA to get the exception.

Last edited by a moderator:

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to blow it up but just for this year. Amnesty Kobe(because he should just sit the year out. Better for his health) and trade Pau. Take only 1 year contracts. Identify some young players that will help you in the future. Hopefully get a high draft pick(top 5).

Then in 2014 get some quality FA's(or Lebron but that's a pipe dream), re-sign Kobe and Pau to 1 year deals at reasonable salaries and if everyone is fully healthy that would give the team a chance. In 2015 I'm hoping for Love and Rubio.

eamines

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like the Lakers go after Monta Ellis. Ellis could be the start of the Lakers youth movement.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as most figured Dwight signed with the Rockets. Time for the Lakers to move on. I think they need to find a way to get Kevin Love. That's just my opinion. What do you think their next move should be?

I think the Lakers should go after K. Love. Dan Patrick has actually been saying for 2 years that he is going to be a Laker!!

I agree with the idea of amnestying Kobe, the only problem is that they should have already done it if they were going to. Who could they still sign if they amnesty Kobe?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K.Love and Monta Ellis would be a good start along with starting Meeks. They should get rid of Blake, don't re-sign Jamison, play Kelly, Sacre, and Ebanks alot and look for other young free agents which they do every year.

They should bring back Goudelock and just start getting younger and faster and continue to prepare for 2014.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tank, get Wiggins, start building a new star.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas, this is hard for me to say, but join in with me and lets focus on giving up this year. I know how blasphemous that sounds but here me out......it's always title or bust for us, so there's no point in wanting this year's squad to barely get in and hopefully win a round. At this point, I wants us to make the lottery, get a pick atleast around the 11th or 12th spot and draft one of these stallions that's going to be in this loaded draft class. Hopefully we amnesty Ron(I'll always be fond of him for what he did in that 2nd title run). Other than that, I really don't want them to mess around with the 2014 cap space(or if that fails, the 2015 cap space). Pau is gonna fit right in at center, and hopefully Kobe doesn't rush back. My bigger picture is this, I'm looking at Melo and Lebron in 2014. It's a longshot, but Lebron WILL for sure opt out, Melo has the chance to opt out but we'll see. The cba WILL make Miami adjust that team and I think Bosh will be the fall guy(unless they take even less to keep the team, and I don't see that happening). I think our only shot at getting Lebron is if we can get Melo to come along as well. All of this is FAR fetched, but with Wade aging and the possibility of Bosh being traded, we present an intriguing team if all falls into place. NOW, let me get to what transpired just days ago. The incompetence of Jim Buss BAFFLES me. The Lakers traditionally have ALWAYS taken the player over the coach. Now, just because he has a personal hate for Phil, he chooses the coach, and of course for the first time in nba history, a superstar walked away from the Lakers. Now, if there's one saving grace, the more I think about Dwight leaving, the more I realize that he's just not a good fit mentally for this win the chip or get RAILED ON situation in los angeles. Much like Lebron once was, Dwight cares too much about what the fans/media says. If he ever changed that mindset, then he would've been a great fit in Los Angeles. Nonetheless, this year is a moot point imo. Let's get a good draft pick and gear up for 2014. As for Pau being traded, it's been reported that the Lakers are not likely to do so, not that Dwight is gone. I guess Dantoni doesn't mind now that it's just 1 big man there....

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure no matter what, this will be a patchwork team this season and they will be setting themselves up for 2014. The Lakers will have the money to get top players in 2014 and the draw of being in L.A. and getting seen all the time will pay off. I will always be a Laker fan no matter what the record is but I say get through 2013 and stock up in 2014. They still need to find some players this season that will compliment what they can get next season so stay true to the team and look forward to better things.