• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard to Houston?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely, but even if he never develops offensively and just becomes a defensive and rebounding presence it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world considering the state of the NBA's 5's.

I doubt that's the case. The Rockets learned their lesson taking a flyer on Hasheem Thabeet. Being big doesn't really count for much. Drummond is a waste of a Top 10 pick, imo. He's got bust written all over him. He's not really all that skilled (for a guy with his hype) and most concerning, he's not engaged mentally.

Anyway, smart move by Morey. His plan for years has been to build up assests and flip them for a star. He just needs to hope the NBA doesn't nix the deal this time.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that's the case. The Rockets learned their lesson taking a flyer on Hasheem Thabeet. Being big doesn't really count for much. Drummond is a waste of a Top 10 pick, imo. He's got bust written all over him. He's not really all that skilled (for a guy with his hype) and most concerning, he's not engaged mentally.

Anyway, smart move by Morey. His plan for years has been to build up assests and flip them for a star. He just needs to hope the NBA doesn't nix the deal this time.

We'll just have to wait and see on Drummond I suppose.

If Howard works out and wants to stay, great. Genius move. Hearing rumors they are trying to bring in Josh Smith to convince Dwight to stay long term(don't think that was brought up in this thread.) If Dwight comes and for whatever reason decides to stay long-term then fantastic. If not, and this seems likely, Morey needs to get kicked to the curb imo.

A Josh Smith-Dwight Howard frontcourt would be something to see.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many trades have you guys made in this thread? In the end none of it will happen.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Psh. They've been hyping Josh Smith/Dwight Howard since the Magic got bounced in the finals. Won't happen. Atlanta is pretty attached to him.
The only reason it would even have a remote possibility of happening is his contract is expiring and Danny Ferry doesn't seem concerned about letting anybody go.
So how many trades have you guys made in this thread? In the end none of it will happen.

Would not bother me in the least bit.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rockets still have no top 10 pick

they have 3 top 20 picks in a very weak draft

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hey it's the idiot savant.

Chief Buffalomanureismymommasheissheis. Ah, I see your still carrying on. How's the self esteem, ego, and all the other words you try to use. Ah, savant. Haven't heard that one in awhile. Been reading Gatsby eh? Made any good trades? Houston, the Detroit of Texas. Wonderful town. In case you haven't figured it out yet, it's like Cleveland, nobody really wants to play there.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's funny that Davis was hardly anyone's radar before the NCAA tournament. Should tell you something about his "pro potential"

If you think Davis was "hardly on anyone's radar before the NCAA tourny" you are a moron. He was being talked about as the #1 pick and POY at the halfway point of the season.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chief Buffalomanureismymommasheissheis. Ah, I see your still carrying on. How's the self esteem, ego, and all the other words you try to use. Ah, savant. Haven't heard that one in awhile. Been reading Gatsby eh? Made any good trades? Houston, the Detroit of Texas. Wonderful town. In case you haven't figured it out yet, it's like Cleveland, nobody really wants to play there.

is that why a very large number of athletes actually live here during the offseason?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is this chuck?

BREAKING NEWS: Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting the Rockets have sent Samuel Dalembert and the 14th pick to the Milwaukee Bucks for the 12th pick, Jon Brockman, Jon Leurer and Shaun Livingston.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is this chuck?

BREAKING NEWS: Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports is reporting the Rockets have sent Samuel Dalembert and the 14th pick to the Milwaukee Bucks for the 12th pick, Jon Brockman, Jon Leurer and Shaun Livingston.

Back to trying to be the whitest team in the league temporarily. Certainly not the move I was expecting but what the hell. Dump Dalembert's contract and move up a bit. Get a garbage backup point guard for now too. Get rid of Scola, Martin, and Lowry and this team will be almost unrecognizable no matter what they do.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is this chuck?

Simple, the 12, 16, and 18 picks look more attractive to charlotte than the 14 16 and 18. Both Houston and Portland (6 and 11) are in talks with Charlotte for the number 2 pick. The 3 players are deadweight to balance out contracts

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another one to keep an eye out for is Golden state (pick number 7). they are willing to trade down, and the #7 pick for the rockets might be able to allow the Rockets to draft Drummond, whom they are supposedly very fond of

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another one to keep an eye out for is Golden state (pick number 7). they are willing to trade down, and the #7 pick for the rockets might be able to allow the Rockets to draft Drummond, whom they are supposedly very fond of

Who would they take number 2? If they could somehow get #2 and 7 and actually use those picks I don't know how I would control my excitement.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would they take number 2? If they could somehow get #2 and 7 and actually use those picks I don't know how I would control my excitement.

i don't think they would keep the #2 if they could get that high. if they could get the #2 i think they would get Howard, without a doubt (because they wont trade martin too get the #2, they need to hold on to him for the Howard trade to help balance salaries, so they would use him and assets +#2 pick and any other picks they would have at that time). if they could ONLY get the number 7 pick they would probably hold on to it and draft Drummond, because the #7+assets wouldn't be enough to get Howard