• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard to Houston?

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Kendrick Persons also has knee problems and is a little on the slow side so that wouldn't necessarily be the best comparison in the world either. The little research I just did says Drummond has a 7'6.25 wingspan while Mutombo had a 7'7 span. Perkins by comparison has a 7'4 wingspan.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capture.JPG

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'd be fine with taking Kendrick Perkins 5th overall? :laugh:

Better than what the Hornets are about to do and take an even skinnier ( if thats even possible) version of Marcus Camby number 1 overrall. LOL.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L if you think anthony davis is a poor mans Marcus Camby

Hell yeah he is. Davis is a slightly better offensive player but not as athletic as Camby was coming out of UMass. Both guys dominated in college because they didnt face any big men with strentgh and once davis gets into the NBA he'll still be a really good defender but he'll get eaten alive by the elite bigs. Id take TRob over Davis all day every day but I know Im in the minority there.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As reference Camby averaged 20 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 blocks and 2 assists per game at Umass while Davis averaged 14 ppg, 10 rpg, 4.7 blocks and 1 apg. Davis has a better jumper and played better competition ( but not by much) but to say he's light years better than Camby is nuts and we all see how that turned out. Solid pro but not a game changer. Same will hold with Davis.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camby also went 2nd overall. :dance:

Thats true and in a year where there arent any "superstar" guys coming out Im OK with Davis going 1st. I wouldnt take him #1 but I can see why someone would. All Im saying is he isnt going to be an elite level superstar in the NBA. He'll be OK, probably all defensive team a few times, an all star a few but he isnt going to win you a title without ALOT of help and he wont be the star of any team that does win a title with him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's funny that Davis was hardly anyone's radar before the NCAA tournament. Should tell you something about his "pro potential"

Yeah I think its mostly because this years draft is so devoid of any real cant miss guys that the hot ticket item is getting extra love. I personally would take TRob or Barnes number 1 ( yeah Barnes, I said it). I think they offer more versatility and more offense with alot more upside. In a year where the talent is solid and deep but not spectacular I cant see picking a defensive guy number 1 unless hes going to DOMINATE defensively and I dont think Davis is big enough to do that.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't unless he is getting paid above the max deal. I don't have any idea what his salary is or whether he even demanded a trade just see ESPN pushing this story.

This is from salary cap guro, Larry Coon. He breaks it down nicely for each kind of scenario.

Dwight Howard's contract options - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

If he signs an extension before June 30 he’d add two additional seasons and be paid $63,004,761 through 2014-15 (this includes the option year 2012-13 on his current contract). If Howard signs an extension after July 1 he could add one additional season to his total, and be paid $86,936,802 through 2015-16.

Dwight hasn't requested a trade publicly since opting in after the all star break. Only 2 sources this offseason,Stephen A. Smith and Adrian Woj, have said that they have "sources" saying that Dwight wants to be traded to the Nets.

I honestly don't trust Adrian Woj, b/c he's a huge Nets homer. Plus he's been completely wrong in the past on D12 rumors. One example being that he had sources saying Dwight was faking his injury so he could avoid playing for SVG.

If you want to get a feel of what exactly Magic fans are thinking when it comes to the Dwight Howard/Houston situation, then I highly recommend checking out Real GM Orlando.

RealGM • View forum - Orlando Magic