• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwayne Haskins killed

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it stakes... I mean holy shit, you broke it down... I'm now a changed person.

You do this same tired spiel over and over man. I just brought up the kid one because it was the dumbest take you've had to date. Society kind of needs kids and what not to... you know... continue.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there is no context for what Brandt said. He had one incident where he went to a party with strippers during covid and another where his wife slapped him. If that's "living to be dead" half the league is on that track.

The kid got his dose of humble pie with the Skins but unlike a JaMarcus Russell he was working to be better. Didn't play a down and sat behind Mason Rudolph and yet his Steeler teammates thought highly of him and the team wanted him back.

That said I also empathize with the driver. My step dad is an Amtrak engineer and killed several while on duty. Some of his friends struggled with those. Nearly all of them had at least one.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I came here to post the same thing. Schefter is getting roasted, as he should for such an insensitive comment. But Brandt appears to be dancing on the grave already. Cowboy fans must be so proud.

What a difference 14 minutes makes :L

It was an odd feeling hearing this news about a guy I could not stand. Being lazy and making stupid decisions is not how a professional acts. But his news was horrible and I was really upset.

Now I learn that he died by being a dumb ass. Again. So it's getting hard for me to feel much sympathy for the man, just his family.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference 14 minutes makes :L

That's because more information had come out, specifically about crossing the highway. I wasn't Gil Brandt, I simply pointed out that crossing multiple highways (or freeways, not sure what's the difference) was yet another dad decision. At what point in time am I allowed to do this? A day, a week?

Look this is a tragedy, I was really upset when I saw this news. But sorry just because a young man died does not mean we need to change the facts. Crossing a highway is yet another dumb decision by Dwayne Haskins and I'm not afraid to say that. It also bugs me that Tomlin said he worked hard when we had this report.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because more information had come out, specifically about crossing the highway. I wasn't Gil Brandt, I simply pointed out that crossing multiple highways (or freeways, not sure what's the difference) deserves criticism. At what point in time am I allowed to do this? A day, a week?

Look this is a tragedy, I was really upset when I saw this news. But sorry just because a young man died does not mean we need to change the facts. Crossing a highway is yet another dumb decision by Dwayne Haskins and I'm not afraid to say that. It also bugs me that Tomlin said he worked hard when we had this report.

My point was you came out and criticized those whose comments weren't necessarily sensitive to the big picture and then 14 minutes later did the same yourself.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said I also empathize with the driver. My step dad is an Amtrak engineer and killed several while on duty. Some of his friends struggled with those. Nearly all of them had at least one.

Well, when people play on train tracks and ignore the warning lights and train sirens, that is going to happen and this is coming from someone who has trainhopped before. I don't think I agree with saying that your step dad killed several while on duty. Its not his fault.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was you came out and criticized those whose comments weren't necessarily sensitive to the big picture and then 14 minutes later did the same yourself.

I get what you are saying but there is a huge difference between what Brandt said and what I said which was to simply point out that crossing a highway was a dumb decision.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when people play on train tracks and ignore the warning lights and train sirens, that is going to happen and this is coming from someone who has trainhopped before. I don't think I agree with saying that your step dad killed several while on duty. Its not his fault.

His term...trust me lol. He has a weird way of dealing with stuff like that

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there is no context for what Brandt said. He had one incident where he went to a party with strippers during covid and another where his wife slapped him. If that's "living to be dead" half the league is on that track.

The kid got his dose of humble pie with the Skins but unlike a JaMarcus Russell he was working to be better. Didn't play a down and sat behind Mason Rudolph and yet his Steeler teammates thought highly of him and the team wanted him back.
My post was about the link posted by @FaCe-LeE-uS in Post 53:

Brandt was asked a question and he gave 2 examples of questionable decision-making by Haskins. I don't know if Brandt also referenced the 2 different incidents you've mentioned. There are other examples of Haskins making poor decisions. If Brandt said something else that was out of line then I apologise for giving someone a pass for something that wasn't mentioned in this thread.

Twitter is an outlet for headlines and hot takes. Brevity is/was its strong point - persons name, what the person is known for, and what happened to the person. Schefter posted those details. I doubt he did so with any intention to offend people. People were offended so in response he deleted the offending Tweet and posted something more bland. I don't understand the negative reaction, but i'm not an empathic person.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do this same tired spiel over and over man. I just brought up the kid one because it was the dumbest take you've had to date. Society kind of needs kids and what not to... you know... continue.
LujARj.gif

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,331.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No point.

You are commenting with sociopaths.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a 'jumping the shark' joke in here somewhere.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What would happen to the economy and society if people just stopped having kids? He definitely hasn't thought it though.