• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Durant Clear Favorite For Mvp

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If things hold form Durant should be the runaway MVP....Right now the only guy close to him would be George who's probably the 2nd candidate by a large margin...

Durant beside leading the league in scoring, shooting over 40 pct from 3pt land, grabbing 8 rebs a game, playing great defense, is single-handidly keeping Okl on top in the west. Considering Westbrook has either been out or recovering from injury, it seems like no one's really close.

Some might say George is in the running, as he's the clear leader of Indiana who's best in the East. George is having a great year, and plays great defense, but in my mind is a distant second.

Throw in the fact that Durant got screwed out of the mvp award the past 2 years (outproducing Lebron almost in every statistical category), then this year should be a no-brainer for Durant...

However the Mvp in the past 15 years has become a popularity award and lost much credibility (giving Lebron 4, and Nash 2). Nevertheless, it's Durant's to lose.

Other possible candidates beside George are Love and Chris Paul.

And you can never rule out Lebron eventhough he's having a terrible year defensively,(.03 blocks, 1.4 steals, 6 rebs) with mediocre offensive stats, you can't rule him out because of his marketing machine Stern/Nike/espn...Lebron has won numerous mvp's he clearly didn't deserve in the past, so who knows. Maybe' he'll win another bullshit award..

Happy Holidays..

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Durant gets it. combine his great year with a little bit of lebron fatigue (4 out of last 5)... i think Durant wins it in a close race.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Durant gets it. combine his great year with a little bit of lebron fatigue (4 out of last 5)... i think Durant wins it in a close race.

Voter Fatigue? That's an interesting euphenism for voter bullshit, considering Lebron has earned maybe 1 legit mvp. And that's being kind.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voter Fatigue? That's an interesting euphenism for voter bullshit, considering Lebron has earned maybe 1 legit mvp. And that's being kind.

Agreed with the underlined / bold; however I will give James his due for the 2 MVP's in Cleveland... no way in hell he deserved the two in Miami though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think voter fatigue is necessarily a euphemism for voter bullshit. a very strong case can be made for Durant. I think the voter's make it.

Since bird hit the trifecta in the 80s.. no other player has. that includes Michael Jordan. this is the 6th time since larry did it that someone has won two in a row. could LeBron break the streak? possibly. but I think it goes to Durant.

vegasfraud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the same Durant who choked multiple times down the stretch vs POR tonight...lol...I expect OKC to start dropping a few games without Westrbook...I also expect Durant's MVP chances to drop with em.

Frank Rizzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even half way in to the season it is way too early to name anyone the MVP. Durant, Lebron, Chris Paul, Aldridge, Paul George, and Love all appear to be in the mix right now but who knows hoh things will look 50 games from now.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First MVP since MJ to avg. 27FTA per game

Last edited by a moderator: