• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs VS Kings 11/2/13

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will this be the night that Nedo gets his first points as a Dub?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win. Defense was amazing tonight, especially with Bogut protecting the rim. There was a lot to like tonight and not a whole lot to complain about. Two things that do concern me is that the Warriors seem to have too many mental lapses. Whether it be simply turning the ball over, stupid delay of game penalities or fouling jump shooters, there seems to be one or two things that kill momentum. That will have to be addressed in the future.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid win. Defense was amazing tonight, especially with Bogut protecting the rim. There was a lot to like tonight and not a whole lot to complain about. Two things that do concern me is that the Warriors seem to have too many mental lapses. Whether it be simply turning the ball over, stupid delay of game penalities or fouling jump shooters, there seems to be one or two things that kill momentum. That will have to be addressed in the future.

Growing Pains.

Bogut only played 20 mins last night, which is great, 6 pts, 6 boards, 4 blocks, and basically neutralized Cousins by himself. Dominate.

The 15-0 run in the 3rd quarter was the back breaker. It shows that when the Dubs are firing on all cyclinders, they are a scary team. It also shows how much better they are from the cellar dwellers. Unless they run up against CP3 each night, the DUBS are going to be better team most nights.

Word

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs need a bounce back game

• No HB today, bench is going to have to play better
  • We need more Game#1 Klay vs Game#2 Klay
  • D.Lee needs to stay out of foul trouble
  • Curry/Team needs to take care of ball better

Dubs on "paper" are the better team, and are playing at home, should be
another high scoring game.

Dubs averaging 120 PF, vs 110 PA, so far this year, leading the league in
scoring is nice, but I'd rather be 1st in FGA %, and rebounding instead.

So much for the high scoring game! Not that any of us care. The Warrior defense was active, the entire team was crashing the boards, and if not for the Curry Turnover Meltdown in the 3rd (and some nice shooting from Mclemore), the Warriors would have won by 25+.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completl unimpresed with Iguodala.

I've felt the same way. He's been a great defender, but this non-expert doesn't see much else so far to get excited about.

It would be nice to see them design some plays around him. I remember that last year, Barnes would go entire games without seeming to be part of the offense. So much is centered around Curry/Thompson 3s and mid-range jumpers for Lee.

The good thing is Iguodola doesn't care about his numbers...and the Ws don't need him to do anything spectacular to win games.

Love his ball handling BTW.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is driving better this year, he's making an effort to finish at the rim. I LOVE IT.

Add that to his improved defense, and he's looking more and more like a steal at the #11 pick

MVP for the Warriors so far. He looks like he belongs. Certainly not the sulking kid he acted like at times over the last two years. He's making HORSE-like shots now. (remember when some of us thought his ceiling was Kyle Korver?)

Time to see who was drafted ahead of Klay and laugh. :)

Edit: Irving is the only guy in the top 15 I'd take over Thompson. Kawhi Leonard was a steal at 15 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS should take it but Sacra is no pushover. Cousins playing better than ever this year. Should be a good one.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumb turnovers and lazy defense where guys are grabbing instead of moving their feet. The most inexplicable act(s) of stupidity though were the four, count 'em, four, times the Warriors touched the ball after a made basket incurring three technicals. How can a team of professionals be that stupid?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've felt the same way. He's been a great defender, but this non-expert doesn't see much else so far to get excited about.

It would be nice to see them design some plays around him. I remember that last year, Barnes would go entire games without seeming to be part of the offense. So much is centered around Curry/Thompson 3s and mid-range jumpers for Lee.

The good thing is Iguodola doesn't care about his numbers...and the Ws don't need him to do anything spectacular to win games.

Love his ball handling BTW.

He did hustle on defense though. His shooting is horrendous though. Where are all the slashing moves to the basket we heard about?

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other then his shooting Iggy has done everything right. IMO he is better then advertised and his defense is ridiculous.
There is way more to basketball then scoring and he's doing everything else right.
His slashing and shooting will get better, but I really can't complain at this point with everything else he's doing....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other then his shooting Iggy has done everything right. IMO he is better then advertised and his defense is ridiculous.
There is way more to basketball then scoring and he's doing everything else right.
His slashing and shooting will get better, but I really can't complain at this point with everything else he's doing....

Fair enough. The Warriors have enough scorers anyway. Let's see what Iguodala can do to help the team in other ways.