• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dos Anjos is Out!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they are thinking either Cerrone or Diaz. I'm sure either one would want a shot at McGregor.

I was just kidding about Cerrone.
But it was a short fight on Sunday.
And Cerrone is...well Cerrone.
Good fight, I would pay to see that one and root for Cowboy to kick some ass.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yankee Traveler, post: 8032698, member: 4110"]He's a pussy.

You think it's possible for him to fight with a broken foot?

RE Cerrone: If he takes the fight he shouldn't have to make 155. It should be at a catch weight, otherwise, Nate Diaz or another fighter should fight McGregor. The UFC and/or McGregor wanted no part of Khabib vs McGregor. Ferguson vs McGregor could be another good matchup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xulu Bak

Hoopla Cash
$ 148.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cerrone could be interesting (probably goes without saying), but it could turn LW into an even bigger clusterfuck, and that'd be a pretty fast turn around combined with cutting from WW to LW. Khabib is already fighting Ferguson (theoretically). Diaz is laughable.

They could just do what they should have done in the first place: have McGregor defend featherweight! Either rematch with Aldo, or have him defend against someone else (Edgar?). Giving him a title fight for a second weight class when he hasn't even defended featherweight is silly.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edgar is hurt so he's officially out of the card. Aldo's trainer said he will not take the fight on such short notice. I think Nate Diaz has a better chance than you may think. He takes a lot of shots so it could be a quick night for him but he also has 11 submission victories in his career. If he took the fight to the ground McGregor could have a big problem.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Cowboy taking this fight. He was walking around at 179 lbs before his last fight. A quick 8 lbs cut for that fight, on fight night was likely 175+ lbs. That would basically mean a 20 lbs cut in about 10 days.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edgar is hurt so he's officially out of the card. Aldo's trainer said he will not take the fight on such short notice. I think Nate Diaz has a better chance than you may think. He takes a lot of shots so it could be a quick night for him but he also has 11 submission victories in his career. If he took the fight to the ground McGregor could have a big problem.

When is the last time Nate Diaz took anyone down? He has no shot getting the fight to the ground.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time Nate Diaz took anyone down? He has no shot getting the fight to the ground.

Nate Diaz likes to brawl but he would need to change his strategy for the fight. Would he? Who knows. Could Diaz get the fight to the ground if he wanted? I think it's possible. Just because Diaz doesn't try for take downs doesn't mean the fight won't go to the ground. If that were the case he wouldn't have 11 submission wins in his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first heard that RDA got injured my first thought was Diego Sanchez. He would have a full training camp for the fight. It would be a good test for McGregor at a higher weight class in the UFC. His name isn't getting mentioned but he could be a logical choice.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than pulling guard, a leg trip, or catching a kick, Diaz doesn't have a chance to get this to the ground if he wanted to go there. He doesn't have the wresting base to take guys down & end up on top. It's been four years since he has initiated a take down, the Jim Miller fight.

This fight will just be a brawl where we will see one guy use movement & precision while the other will try to impose his will be moving forward & throwing punches in volume.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*reads RDA is out*

fuck-everything-o.gif

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Yankee Traveler, post: 8032698, member: 4110"]He's a pussy.

You think it's possible for him to fight with a broken foot?

RE Cerrone: If he takes the fight he shouldn't have to make 155. It should be at a catch weight, otherwise, Nate Diaz or another fighter should fight McGregor. The UFC and/or McGregor wanted no part of Khabib vs McGregor. Ferguson vs McGregor could be another good matchup.

Tongue in cheek.
Do I think he's a pussy? No.
He is a champion. You do not win any hand to hand combat championship by being a pussy.
I think he is smart to back out if his foot is broken. I also think he was not smart to get his foot broken just before a big fight.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Cowboy taking this fight. He was walking around at 179 lbs before his last fight. A quick 8 lbs cut for that fight, on fight night was likely 175+ lbs. That would basically mean a 20 lbs cut in about 10 days.

Dana White asked...

We called ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone, (and he) absolutely accepted the fight – would love to take the fight. B.J. Penn said he wanted the fight. A lot of guys wanted this fight, but we ended up with Nate Diaz. We felt this was the fight to make and the fight the fans wanted to see.”

Typical Cowboy fashion.

Why Diaz I don't know. Not a Diaz fan here. But it will probably be a good fight.
McGregor in the second.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboy's reaction to the Diaz announcement,

EeNR8gk5_normal.jpeCowboy Cerrone

‎@Cowboycerrone

Fuck!