• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dorenbos traded!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad.
I hope Dorenbos comes back and works for the broadcast team after retirement. He's a natural and will always be an Eagle.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howie's magic wore off. A 7th rounder in 2019? Father time came to Dorenbos. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it. 2 years before we see what an all pro we get for Jon. Yes, you're right. I hope he works for the Eagles again someday.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were shocked to here this. I doubt they would have done it without Fipp giving his approval on the young guy. I think I will trust Fipp but what a crappy day to be an Eagles fan. We really like him. :(

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got more for Dorenbos than Chip got for Desean...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howie's magic wore off. A 7th rounder in 2019? Father time came to Dorenbos. I couldn't believe it when I first saw it. 2 years before we see what an all pro we get for Jon. Yes, you're right. I hope he works for the Eagles again someday.

I don't see this as magic wearing off. I always loved Dorenbos and he will forever be an Eagle. But we just got a draft pick for a long snapper who is 10+ years a vet.

If Belicheck did the same thing everyone would be licking his winky.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor was that his injury that he had and age may have slowed his snap time down.

Sucks to see long term fan faves go but its always better to remember them in their prime vs watching them lose to time like Ryan Howard.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor was that his injury that he had and age may have slowed his snap time down.

Sucks to see long term fan faves go but its always better to remember them in their prime vs watching them lose to time like Ryan Howard.

Well said! I prefer to remember the Dorenbos that could hit out of the shift.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie got something for a 37 year old long snapper coming off of injury who was going to be cut. The man is a freakin genius at times.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the point.. of getting something for someone that will be cut soon or their time has come. This is the business side of football and it's unfortunate. And it's definitely great to get something out of him, even a 7th round pick. I laughed at the post about us getting more from him, than Chip did for Djackson. lol

Doren is clearly a fan favorite and loved by all. I was shocked to hear this.

I would offer only 1 counter argument to consider. AT what point is the 7th round pick we get undervalued to the message it sends the team about loyalty, taking care of it's own, and being able to retire and end your career here???

Disclaimer: If they gave Doren the choice to retire as an eagle, or if he wants to continue playing, he would need to be cut or traded - than this is a moot point and the choice was actually his, and not the eagles sending him off.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade to be rescinded

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade to be rescinded

Probably, but not definite. Payton wants it rescinded, but Pederson says he wasn't aware of it. another report says that Dorenbos' murmur was being monitored for the last 5 years. I hope that the Eagles were not lying, or else they could be fined for covering it up.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but not definite. Payton wants it rescinded, but Pederson says he wasn't aware of it. another report says that Dorenbos' murmur was being monitored for the last 5 years. I hope that the Eagles were not lying, or else they could be fined for covering it up.
I think this is complete BS because I find it difficult that the Eagles would make any deal if there was any issue with his health. The Eagles staff should have been more aware of this. This trade, like the article says, probably saved his life because the Saints physician did check out Jon. Anyway, I'm glad that somebody found this and scheduled surgery immediately. Here's to a quick and safe recovery Jon.:suds:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. He is too good of a friend of the Eagles for them to try to put one over another team. It is good as you say, that they did another test. also, he already passed the routine physical that the Saints gave him when he was traded.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is complete BS because I find it difficult that the Eagles would make any deal if there was any issue with his health. The Eagles staff should have been more aware of this. This trade, like the article says, probably saved his life because the Saints physician did check out Jon. Anyway, I'm glad that somebody found this and scheduled surgery immediately. Here's to a quick and safe recovery Jon.:suds:

Not sure what happened here, and why the Eagles medical staff did not catch it... These are the kinds of things that could well be missed when not specifically looking for it. Mind you, in a reversal, a number of years ago the Eagles medical staff diagnosed one player (traded to them of an FA) with a brain tumor, that the medical staff of the previous team had missed completely.

What happens here seems of a different level then what the Flyers medical staff (or rather a/the team doctor) did to Lindros (who would have gotten him killed if not for his teammates, and Lindros' own tolerance for pain).

Of course I hope that the Eagles medical staff learns from this, but above all, I hope that Jon recovers fully.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what happened here, and why the Eagles medical staff did not catch it... These are the kinds of things that could well be missed when not specifically looking for it. Mind you, in a reversal, a number of years ago the Eagles medical staff diagnosed one player (traded to them of an FA) with a brain tumor, that the medical staff of the previous team had missed completely.

What happens here seems of a different level then what the Flyers medical staff (or rather a/the team doctor) did to Lindros (who would have gotten him killed if not for his teammates, and Lindros' own tolerance for pain).

Of course I hope that the Eagles medical staff learns from this, but above all, I hope that Jon recovers fully.
Well said!:agree: