• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dontrelle Inman

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well heck. Better than anything else we have. I had mentioned going after a different Charger WR, but okay... This should help.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that they are willing to do SOMETHING. For a 7th rounder too, I'd say that's worth it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we don't waste a high pick on an overrated position like WR I am all for it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we don't waste a high pick on an overrated position like WR I am all for it.
First post of yours I agree with.

Not alot the Bears are going to find at this point in the season. So, good for Pace finding something better than anything currently healthy on the roster.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that they are willing to do SOMETHING. For a 7th rounder too, I'd say that's worth it.

On a different board, I saw two Chargers fans that I really trust call this a steal for us.

He stepped up and produced quite solidly for them when he had to.

I mean, he's a 6'3 210 NFL caliber WR... that's already a head-and-shoulders upgrade from what we have, right there. lol. I'm not saying he's going to set the world on fire, but come on.

Also, I like the look of us putting Inman in the slot next year, with Meredith and a rookie/free agent on the other side. Start of another good looking WR corp? I don't know... I just know it's an upgrade. One that we desperately needed.

This shit was a legit embarrassment.

Doubt he dresses Sunday though. He's probably just landing in Chicago as I type this.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different board, I saw two Chargers fans that I really trust call this a steal for us.

He stepped up and produced quite solidly for them when he had to.

I mean, he's a 6'3 210 NFL caliber WR... that's already a head-and-shoulders upgrade from what we have, right there. lol. I'm not saying he's going to set the world on fire, but come on.

Also, I like the look of us putting Inman in the slot next year, with Meredith and a rookie/free agent on the other side. Start of another good looking WR corp? I don't know... I just know it's an upgrade. One that we desperately needed.

This shit was a legit embarrassment.

Doubt he dresses Sunday though. He's probably just landing in Chicago as I type this.
I'd rather see Wright in the slot.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a UVa fan, I watched Inman for years. I always loved his work ethic. With the right opportunity and a competent QB, he can be a solid WR. I don't understand why the Chargers were not using him much this season, as he averaged 5.8 targets, 3.6 catches, and 50 ypg last season. Those averages would be 2nd in each category on the Chargers in 2017.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a UVa fan, I watched Inman for years. I always loved his work ethic. With the right opportunity and a competent QB, he can be a solid WR. I don't understand why the Chargers were not using him much this season, as he averaged 5.8 targets, 3.6 catches, and 50 ypg last season. Those averages would be 2nd in each category on the Chargers in 2017.

Keenan Allen came back and they drafted Mike Williams... And they have Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin.

Simply a numbers game. They had an embarrassment of riches at the position. Glad we noticed. :)

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen came back and they drafted Mike Williams... And they have Tyrell Williams and Travis Benjamin.

Simply a numbers game. They had an embarrassment of riches at the position. Glad we noticed. :)
Did they really though? It looks like they traded the wrong receiver. Ty Williams or Benjamin should've been the odd man out.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they really though? It looks like they traded the wrong receiver. Ty Williams or Benjamin should've been the odd man out.

Yeah, I'd say they had an abundance of decent WRs. Last season showed they liked Ty Williams more than Inman. Not a matter of whether we agree or disagree, though I'd probably go for the 6'4" younger WR myself if I had my druthers (Mentioned trying to acquire Ty Williams in a different thread), but he'd likely have cost us more than a 7th rounder.

Anyway, happy with the acquisition of Inman, and who knows? Maybe he becomes our #1 for this year and a starter beyond that.

Oh, and regarding Benjamin... He's a completely different type of WR... He's in the mold of all the guys we already have.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see Wright in the slot.

at this point I would rather see Miller or Shaheen in the slot. Dont know why they do not use the size they have. a 5'10 nickel back being responsible for a 6'4 or 6'7 tight end?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point I would rather see Miller or Shaheen in the slot. Dont know why they do not use the size they have. a 5'10 nickel back being responsible for a 6'4 or 6'7 tight end?
That’s not going to happen that often though. Teams will march out an extra line backer or safety to match up against the TE.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not going to happen that often though. Teams will march out an extra line backer or safety to match up against the TE.

Eventually, yes, but nobody is going to catch on the first time its done and all it takes is one play.

I mean, most teams are swinging out a running back to a receiver position and watch a linebacker follow him so the matchup is good to the offense in a dead run from the line.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually, yes, but nobody is going to catch on the first time its done and all it takes is one play.

I mean, most teams are swinging out a running back to a receiver position and watch a linebacker follow him so the matchup is good to the offense in a dead run from the line.
We run the ball ALL the time. Why would defenses have a nickel back in to account for a TE? That makes no sense. If anything, they’d have an extra linebacker to account for a WR or TE. If the opposing team makes the mistake of putting a nickel matching against our TEs, I’d almost rather we run it right at the nickel back and have the TE pancake him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God man. I keep thinking about if we could have just gotten ONE of the two games vs MIN and ATL (deserved to lose the NO game, and I didn't give us a huge shot in that one). We'd be 4-4 into the bye, with a WR upgrade coming into the equation and a lighter 2nd half schedule.

Rodgers-less Pack and Lions at home are both more than winnable. So is obviously home vs the Niners and Browns. We might even be favored in all of those, besides the Detroit game.

Stealing any of these seems unlikely though. However, I thought we'd totally lose to Baltimore and Carolina too. So who knows.

@ PHI
@ CIN
@ DET
@ MIN

I say we get one of those four. Which would make my prediction of a 3-5 1st half, and a 5-3 2nd half come to fruition :D

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We run the ball ALL the time. Why would defenses have a nickel back in to account for a TE? That makes no sense. If anything, they’d have an extra linebacker to account for a WR or TE. If the opposing team makes the mistake of putting a nickel matching against our TEs, I’d almost rather we run it right at the nickel back and have the TE pancake him.

I said most teams. Most teams would immediately change the play and have the receiver covered by a linebacker just take off and run past that linebacker. When that worked, they would change to an additional defensive back. They get the linebacker covering Cohan, should be a speed play to beat him. That is how you can dictate the personnel the defenses put out on the field.

Lets see what happens when a real receiver gets on the field.

But Trubisky is not allowed to change the plays.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know where he got it from, but have you seen Trubisky change a play? I have not.

I have certainly seen him change protection schemes, and even heard announcers comment on it a few times. I want to say I've seen little audibles. However, I cannot be sure. I swear I read an All-22 article where they pointed some out, but man... I can't say for sure.