• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dont you hate when ppl at work bring cookies they made that look like this...

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Then they proudly say "You have to try one! I made them myself. They are reeeeeaalllly gooooood!" This is when you scramble for a reason why there is no way in hell you are eating something that looks like that, made by someone who looks like......like the nasty ass cookies they fucking made! 2 hours later, "Why isn't anyone eating my cookies?" Everyone pretends they didn't hear them or say "Oh, I already had a couple. They were good." You say that and you just screwed yourself because then this shitty cookie making bastard thinks you want to take some home with you now. That is the exact moment I like to plan what phase of the ride home I hope to throw a plate of cookies out my truck window.

I cant decide if I am being an asshole or not when situations like this play out? :noidea: Oh well. Either way, I'm not eating the goddamn cookies.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also picky about who's cookies I eat.
Somehow I can't get my head around somebody I don't know not washing their hands before they do it en sech, or leave the ingredients like butter and eggs out to long and you get some kind of food poisoning.
And most of the time, people just don't know a good cookie. So it's best I dont even try one in front of them and spit it out and make them feel bad.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell em' your allergic to some rogue ingredient.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? I have never heard of cookie snobs before. Everyone likes homemade cookies. And anyone who doesn't fit into my nice neat definition of everyone must be some kind of vagina.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are they gluten free? how many carbs do they have? are the eggs from cage free chickens?

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I can't get my head around somebody I don't know not washing their hands before they do it en sech, or leave the ingredients like butter and eggs out to long and you get some kind of food poisoning.
And most of the time, people just don't know a good cookie. So it's best I dont even try one in front of them and spit it out and make them feel bad.

You don't think that sort of thing happens everywhere else? Enjoy the sneezes and rat hair. It builds up your immunities.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
given the hygiene habits of many people, I would respectfully decline.:noidea:

longhorn718

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the person in question has never brought cookies before, I'll wait and see what others say about them. If I know this person makes tasty baked goods, om nom nom time. Looks can be deceiving like the perfectly shaped but shitty cookies from some grocery store bakeries.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is a huge problem for me too. I know the cookies are cooked at 350 but still, I cant get past it very often.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are they gluten free? how many carbs do they have? are the eggs from cage free chickens?
If only the people I work with didn't know me well enough to believe me if I used these excuses. I am almost to the point where I need to just tell everyone at the next employee meeting to not ask me because I wont eat anything they bring. The kicker for me is I work in fine dining and I would eat things they made at work because I know they use proper sanitation and I am usually monitoring everything they make. It is amazing how most of them can make a perfect Coquilles St Jacques or perfect Baked Alaska that looks like a picture in a magazine but cant make a fucking chocolate chip cookie that and Ethiopian would eat.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? I have never heard of cookie snobs before. Everyone likes homemade cookies. And anyone who doesn't fit into my nice neat definition of everyone must be some kind of vagina.
This...

Doesn't matter how cookies look... If they aren't hard/stale then they are almost always the shiznit.

You can have fun dealing with your OCD Gooch... More cookies for the rest of us!

Although I can understand the "who baked it" problem. I have some coworkers that could cook me a T-bone steak to perfection and I still wouldn't eat it... Some people are just.. Weird

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks great to me...some of the best cookies are those that aren't pretty. Looks like something Hilda would bring.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These people who bring their fucking horrible cookies never remember to bring the Chocolate Milk.
Morons.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

Then they proudly say "You have to try one! I made them myself. They are reeeeeaalllly gooooood!" This is when you scramble for a reason why there is no way in hell you are eating something that looks like that, made by someone who looks like......like the nasty ass cookies they fucking made! 2 hours later, "Why isn't anyone eating my cookies?" Everyone pretends they didn't hear them or say "Oh, I already had a couple. They were good." You say that and you just screwed yourself because then this shitty cookie making bastard thinks you want to take some home with you now. That is the exact moment I like to plan what phase of the ride home I hope to throw a plate of cookies out my truck window.

I cant decide if I am being an asshole or not when situations like this play out? :noidea: Oh well. Either way, I'm not eating the goddamn cookies.
if thats what they look like?

fuck no

my assistant is in her 60's and she cooks/bakes for me all the time. i love it, as a single guy who lives off take out etc. a few times a week its "ogh i brought you in stuffed peppers" or "heres some lemon bars". awesome when i get home and get rip shit off some good herb.

we have one woman here who cant cook to save her life, her shit...i avoid.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the people who lick their fingers while they prepare food.
Or taste things and then use the same utensil and keep going.
You know who you are.

That "Cookie Lady" is probably one of them.
Good luck with that.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who makes them. I work with some gross that clean sewer lines or operate the sewer treatment plant.

Cookies? No. But they make some killer corn relish.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bitch probably sneezed on them.
Yeah, think about that one, MmmmmK