• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Donovan should shut the hell up

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a butthurt little bitch.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may very well be the worst tv personality of all time.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the Dempsey and the Sounders to smack Donovan and the Galaxy on July 26th

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sounders don't win it all this year, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Yeah, no excuses this year. Our team is stacked. Dempsey is in great form, Oba is in great form, Neagle is playing well, Papa has emerged as an excellent play maker, and Yedlin continues to blossom as one of the best up and coming players.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan does not come off very well here, but I agree with some of his points. The team played so well against Portugal because we were down the whole game and were forced to open things up. When we were chasing, we looked very dangerous. When the game was tied, or we were up, not so much.

I think our guys were capable of getting good scoring chances against Belguim, but we sat back far too much and played too conservatively. That does not play to the team's strength.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He comes off sounding ignorant. Idk why he was signed to ESPN

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan is the same player who admitted he was rooting against his own country in the first friendly we played after announcing the 23 man WC roster

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan is the same player who admitted he was rooting against his own country in the first friendly we played after announcing the 23 man WC roster

Holy shit, you serious?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was on espn.com earlier in the week (before the Belgium game)

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get ESPNs obsession with negative creeps like Donovan and Lalas when it comes to their soccer coverage. Maybe they think it brings drama to the coverage or stirs up ratings. Like pro wrestling heels.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get ESPNs obsession with negative creeps like Donovan and Lalas when it comes to their soccer coverage. Maybe they think it brings drama to the coverage or stirs up ratings. Like pro wrestling heels.

Is it negative? Or just their opinion? I mean, Lalas was wrong about the US not advancing out of the group of death. Taylor Twellman predicted the same thing as Lalas. And they both ate crow when they were wrong and were happy to do so.

If you read the Landon article about rooting against the US he freely admits he was upset he failed to make the team but ultimately could not root against the US after their first friendly. If you were cut off a team, maybe you too would have that natural human reaction, I hope they lose without me. And if you don't have that reaction, well, congrats, you are a stand up human being with no hang ups. I'm not holding it against a super competitive guy for being emotionally imperfect.

I'm not sticking up for Donovan, but you guys need to stop sipping the Koolaid. Guys will have opinions, we have talking heads on sports networks. It may not align with your feelings but at the very least I'm happy there is a dialogue about US soccer. I like that people are pissed, emotional and opinionated. Let's talk about our failures and strategy. Let's push forward with the dialogue and have varying opinions so we garner consistent attention outside of the a World Cup that allows this team to make a run at Copa, the Gold Cup and the next a World Cup. More attention, more money, more talent developed.

We got handled by Belgium except for the last 13 minutes. I'm embarrassed Howard had to be so amazing and set a modern day record for saves. It just means the US was on it heels failing to apply any pressure. This program was better than that Belgium performance and I'll be bitter for a few more months about it.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it negative? Or just their opinion? I mean, Lalas was wrong about the US not advancing out of the group of death. Taylor Twellman predicted the same thing as Lalas. And they both ate crow when they were wrong and were happy to do so.

If you read the Landon article about rooting against the US he freely admits he was upset he failed to make the team but ultimately could not root against the US after their first friendly. If you were cut off a team, maybe you too would have that natural human reaction, I hope they lose without me. And if you don't have that reaction, well, congrats, you are a stand up human being with no hang ups. I'm not holding it against a super competitive guy for being emotionally imperfect.

I'm not sticking up for Donovan, but you guys need to stop sipping the Koolaid. Guys will have opinions, we have talking heads on sports networks. It may not align with your feelings but at the very least I'm happy there is a dialogue about US soccer. I like that people are pissed, emotional and opinionated. Let's talk about our failures and strategy. Let's push forward with the dialogue and have varying opinions so we garner consistent attention outside of the a World Cup that allows this team to make a run at Copa, the Gold Cup and the next a World Cup. More attention, more money, more talent developed.

We got handled by Belgium except for the last 13 minutes. I'm embarrassed Howard had to be so amazing and set a modern day record for saves. It just means the US was on it heels failing to apply any pressure. This program was better than that Belgium performance and I'll be bitter for a few more months about it.

I think if Donovan would not have said he wanted the US to lose in the first place, nobody would be so pissed at his latest comments. He imprinted the thought that he could just be still pissed and is taking shots at the team. Maybe he isn't but I am not sure either way because he was so bitter before.