• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does the Sugar Bowl have an official B12 tie-in?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I didn't want him to start crying, so I didn't mention that his boys are 1-6 vs OU....

that plus the fact the FSU was allegedly so much better than OU in 2000, but got their ass handed to them, made it all that much more enjoyable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone think a committee gives a crap about TV ratings? Pretty sure the networks are the ones who bank that. The towns are the ones who make money off the bowls by attracting visitors. Those committee members have loyalty to their citizens not the networks. It's been proven over and over again when more exciting teams get passed over for the schools that have large alumni bases. There is a reason that even during these down years for the Big 10 they almost always get 2 bids. It ain't ratings either. Casual fan wants to see the best matchup not the biggest traveling fan base...

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said, Oregon isn't a scrub in the traveling fan base category so this is going to be interesting. Not quite Oklahoma, but they aren't Baylor either...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone think a committee gives a crap about TV ratings? Pretty sure the networks (and the conferences) are the ones who bank that. The towns are the ones who make money off the bowls by attracting visitors. Those committee members have loyalty to their citizens not the networks. It's been proven over and over again when more exciting teams get passed over for the schools that have large alumni bases. There is a reason that even during these down years for the Big 10 they almost always get 2 bids. It ain't ratings either. Casual fan wants to see the best matchup not the biggest traveling fan base...

fify..........

and :nod: to the rest.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fify..........

and :nod: to the rest.
Explain to me how a conference gets any part of the network TV take? Seriously, if they do that's fine. The conferences get a payout of X dollars ... it isn't in any way based on number of people that show up, what the TV ratings are, etc. In the future, I can see that if a team doesn't draw good ratings maybe they are passed over. But, pretty sure a teams bowl take is a set amount, not some variable amount based on TV or attendance. Again, could be wrong, but show me where this is stated.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how a conference gets any part of the network TV take? Seriously, if they do that's fine. The conferences get a payout of X dollars ... it isn't in any way based on number of people that show up, what the TV ratings are, etc. In the future, I can see that if a team doesn't draw good ratings maybe they are passed over. But, pretty sure a teams bowl take is a set amount, not some variable amount based on TV or attendance. Again, could be wrong, but show me where this is stated.

JFC you're an ignorant argumentative fuck.

I never said anything about any "variable amount" of anything regarding tv revenue. Matter of fact I said it's already known by the committee and the conferences that signed contracts to send their #? schools to that bowl.

The bowl payouts to schools are a fixed amount. A portion of that fixed amount is generated by tv revenue contract the bowl and the network agreed to. :L

The tickets sold, local hotels, bars, restaurants, and attractions are the only thing variable.

You honestly don't think the bowl doesn't get any of the tv money, and that they don't use that as payout to the conferences/schools?

Last edited by a moderator:

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC you're an ignorant argumentative fuck.

I never said anything about any "variable amount" of anything regarding tv revenue. Matter of fact I said it's already known by the committee and the conferences that signed contracts to send their #? schools to that bowl.

The bowl payouts to schools are a fixed amount. A portion of that fixed amount is generated by tv revenue contract the bowl and the network agreed to. :L

The tickets sold, local hotels, bars, restaurants, and attractions are the only thing variable.

You honestly don't think the bowl doesn't get any of the tv money, and that they don't use that as payout to the conferences/schools?
Dude, I don't know who you are, but this is the second post where you react with anger and name calling. If you don't want to discuss something, get the fuck out of here and ignore my posts. Damn. Going to put you on the ignore list, and I've only done that once before.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon in, OU is going to the Toilet Bowl.

ya know, one would think you'd get tired of sticking yer big foot in yer big mouth, but then all one has to do is look at yer posts.

You really like that taste of toe jam, doncha?:L