• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does LeBron being 2nd best player in the NBA affect his GOAT chances?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention anything about team defense.

I had to look it up in the Wiki. But Magic was the NBA steals leader in back-to-back years (81-82). I was born in 84, so I don't really have much memory of Magic in his prime to provide more facts.

With that being said, I would have to believe that Magic handled his own on defense.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who believes that Lebron isn't the best player in the NBA right now is lying to themselves.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, jimmy D, do you have Lebron ranked higher than Magic on the all time list?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, jimmy D, do you have Lebron ranked higher than Magic on the all time list?
No.......just believe that Magic is a little overrated due to his below avg. defense. I think he chose not to commit to D, due to how bad the West was during the 80's and the offense they had. Not that they needed him to because Cooper and Worthy were great defenders, but hard to rank someone in the top 5 who chose not to play both ends of the floor most of the time.

He's still top 10 though.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.......just believe that Magic is a little overrated due to his below avg. defense. I think he chose not to commit to D, due to how bad the West was during the 80's and the offense they had. Not that they needed him to because Cooper and Worthy were great defenders, but hard to rank someone in the top 5 who chose not to play both ends of the floor most of the time.

He's still top 10 though.

so, when a guy leads the league in steals, back to back seasons, you define that as not trying to play defense, ''most'' of the time? What kind of logic is that?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its safe to say Jim, you didnt even watch "most" of his games...

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who believes that Lebron isn't the best player in the NBA right now is lying to themselves.

He is the best all-around player today. I don't think he is the best scorer or defender or really anything, but he would rank high on any list of best of in the NBA right now. I still feel his lack of a truly dominate offensive game hurts his ability to carry a team, but you will not find a better guy in the league to be on the team. You just have to pair him with someone that can shoulder the load offensively. He had that for a few seasons with Wade and it turned into 2 titles.

As for comparisons to Jordan it's cute but will never be a viable comparison. Jordan was so dominate the league took pity on the other players by refusing to award Jordan the MVP every year he played throughout the 90's. Every year during that span from MJ was an MVP year, but they would give it to guys like Malone unless MJ out did himself. It was like sorry MJ you're the best in the league but you were better last year so we're giving the award to someone else. I doubt Jordan really cares though since all he did was win titles over those MVP winners.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,618.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is in his prime and is the second best player in the NBA, how does this affect his chances being that players like MJ and even Kobe in their prime were the best players in the league.

who do you consider the best player in the league if its not James?