• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does ESPN ever get enough of the Lakers???

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha that didn't help your argument. The EX-GM asked the best player on the team who to get. Thanks for proving my point :suds:

Ok, you can believe that Lebron James has no knowledge or involvement with player moves on his team.

I can't stand Lebron. But even I don"t deny he is the most powerful player in the league, maybe in history when it comes
to moves that a his team makes.

The reports I posted back up that he was involved. But feel free not to believe it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha that didn't help your argument. The EX-GM asked the best player on the team who to get. Thanks for proving my point :suds:

To be fair, he probably did to some extent. If a team is smart, they at least run possible signings/trades by their best player. The Lakers used to do the same with Kobe.

I don't think Lebron was in the meeting when the Lakers were trying to decide who they were going to sign, but I'd bet they were keeping him in the loop and asking what he thought.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, one would have to exhaust all possibilities of getting the most value in return.
Everything should be on the table.

Exactly, the Pels only get/have to trade AD one time, it would be in their best interest to get the best deal possible and that's accomplished by getting as many offers as they can.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, the Pels only get/have to trade AD one time, it would be in their best interest to get the best deal possible and that's accomplished by getting as many offers as they can.

Sure, but it seems Griffin wants the deal done by this weekend to be able to schedule draft workouts for his new picks.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but it seems Griffin wants the deal done by this weekend to be able to schedule draft workouts for his new picks.

So anyone else who wants to get involved, better hurry up. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he probably did to some extent. If a team is smart, they at least run possible signings/trades by their best player. The Lakers used to do the same with Kobe.

I don't think Lebron was in the meeting when the Lakers were trying to decide who they were going to sign, but I'd bet they were keeping him in the loop and asking what he thought.
I have no doubt he knew and gave his approval.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really change things that much? He can still work guys out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt he knew and gave his approval.

Yeah, it's foolish not to keep him in the loop. It's not just a Lebron thing either. It's just smart to make sure that the players you're getting are one's that your best player is at least willing to try to play with.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's foolish not to keep him in the loop. It's not just a Lebron thing either. It's just smart to make sure that the players you're getting are one's that your best player is at least willing to try to play with.
Might not have been his first choice (I'm sure it wasn't), but if Lebron said no way, then they don't do it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, you can believe that Lebron James has no knowledge or involvement with player moves on his team.

I can't stand Lebron. But even I don"t deny he is the most powerful player in the league, maybe in history when it comes
to moves that a his team makes.

The reports I posted back up that he was involved. But feel free not to believe it.

I pretty much believe the same, and yes, LeClown is one of the biggest jackasses of all time. but to think he had no say when it came to who was on the roster is completely asinine...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but you agreed (or disagreed with my notion he could still work other guys out).

I did neither. I don't know the process of scheduling such visits, and you certainly can't bring in everyone. Prospects expected to go in the top 5-10 often won't work out for someone with only the #1 pick when they know for damn sure who that pick is. Why would any projected top 20 picks work out for the Pels right now? It's a waste of their time if their name isn't Zion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did neither. I don't know the process of scheduling such visits, and you certainly can't bring in everyone. Prospects expected to go in the top 5-10 often won't work out for someone with only the #1 pick when they know for damn sure who that pick is. Why would any projected top 20 picks work out for the Pels right now? It's a waste of their time if their name isn't Zion.
Because the Pels tell them they might move into picks at that level and guys who might go in that range cannot afford to be all that picky?

But I was talking more about higher picks as well, like the 3 or 4 from NY or LA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Pels tell them they might move into picks at that level and guys who might go in that range cannot afford to be all that picky?

But I was talking more about higher picks as well, like the 3 or 4 from NY or LA.

It's the reasoning given in the report from Woj. We all know you think he's nothing, go ahead and discredit away. This is a boring discussion.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the reasoning given in the report from Woj. We all know you think he's nothing, go ahead and discredit away. This is a boring discussion.
Pretty sure I replied to the comment wondering why players would work out for them...gave you a credible reason why they might.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was the original comment to which I replied FYI, and my answer still applies. He can still work out others supported by the reasons I gave.

If he tells guys he might acquire picks 3 or 4 they'd refuse to work out for him if he asked?