• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone know

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there will be any chance to get any of The "rat"s dead money off our books for 2014? Since he was a fake Douche?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there will be any chance to get any of The "rat"s dead money off our books for 2014? Since he was a fake Douche?

uf Mara was our owner I'd say 150% of the dead money would come off. Besides that I have no idea.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know its not what you want to hear, but because Dallas released him in 2013 post June 1st, not much they could do aside from file a grievance to try and recoup the bonus money paid. As its likely the same arbitrator who heard the cap penalty case would be the one to decide in this case... odds are slim at best. Jerry would have been better served forcing him to Ir then designating him a June 1st cut this year. Would have softened the blow a little.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know its not what you want to hear, but because Dallas released him in 2013 post June 1st, not much they could do aside from file a grievance to try and recoup the bonus money paid. As its likely the same arbitrator who heard the cap penalty case would be the one to decide in this case... odds are slim at best. Jerry would have been better served forcing him to Ir then designating him a June 1st cut this year. Would have softened the blow a little.

At least his nickname is a good fit

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance IMO. I know a bunch of you guys thought we would get something back, but I never saw it as a possibility...Call him a dick and a sand bagger based on how it appears, but getting cap $'s back takes a whole lot more.

Also, even if you try to make that case: what is hitting us now is the bonus that he was paid before he was accused of faking how injured he was. If we went after him legally it would likely be for the 2013 salary and perhaps only the portion after week 6 (eligible to come off the PUP List) to when we cut him, so even that gets tricky if you are trying to get the cap space back. Better chance of getting actual cash back IMO and that too would be pretty close to a pipe dream IMO...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are wrong. I would hope that some of that would come off. There is obviously a breach of contract and the evidence is clear that the ahole quit on the team. I would like to see us sign Incognito and have him chop block rat at his knees

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone has been paid it should count against the cap. Allowing owners to pay players and not having it count, (even in a bad situation like this), would be worse. If you can get the money back through legal means you should be entitled to a cap dispensation. I doubt that Ratliff has done anything illegal in relation to his contract that could be proved in court.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, and I have nothing to base it on. If Dallas wants to try to get money back they'd have to prove Rat was in breach of contract in a court. I think the whole Rat situation is over and done.

Edit. I could have simply agreed with Fastforward.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone has been paid it should count against the cap. Allowing owners to pay players and not having it count, (even in a bad situation like this), would be worse. If you can get the money back through legal means you should be entitled to a cap dispensation. I doubt that Ratliff has done anything illegal in relation to his contract that could be proved in court.

They absolutely could and look no farther than the interview his agent gave right before he was released.

He stated the injury was worse than what was reported.
Cowboys release him and he was suddenly touched by the hand of god, healed, and able to play for Chicago